[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

ms78mama

I have Emby Server Version 4.2.0.18 beta running o Windows server, and my client is KODI 17.6 with Embuary Skin. All my movies have year 1905, all my sortings etc are now messed up.

Tried upgrading to KODI 18.2 with Embuary skin, the movies have NO year at the bottom.

thanks in advance

sualfred

That's not a skin issue, your database seems to be messed up. Please try to repair your DB via the Emby addon.

ms78mama

That's not a skin issue, your database seems to be messed up. Please try to repair your DB via the Emby addon.

Could you please provide the proceedure?

sualfred

Addons -> Emby -> Manage Libraries -> Repair libraries -> Select "all" or just the databases that are messed up

ms78mama

Addons -> Emby -> Manage Libraries -> Repair libraries -> Select "all" or just the databases that are messed up

Thanks so much..However i am using Embycon and i dont see the option to fix the libraries

Edited by ms78mama

skank

hi

first of all

amazing skin

huge amount of possibilities

my congrats.

I got however 2 things to ask

- how do i install different genre icons so it works in embruary kodi skin , i downloaded here https://github.com/Swageroni/resource.images.moviegenreicons.horizon

- second, in embruary on kodi, my new movies widget show some movies double, any idea?

thx

Hi,

Thanks for the great skin.  I have tried many but they seem not to suit me; this one does.

Recently I was mucking around trying to work out why the Live TV and PVR selection screens only display the channel icons and not images relating to the show.  'Something' happened and I have ended up with what appears to be some sort of yellow text debug information superimposed on the skin at the left and right sides of the screen.  This is shown in the first screenshot (screeenshot004) I have attached.  Changing to another skin makes this disappear, but reverting to Embuary brings the debug overlay back.  Rebooting the computer (Raspberry Pi 3B, running latest OSMC and Leia) or reloading the skin has no effect wrt this debug overlay.  It stays no matter what media I play.  I am running the latest Embuary (18.7.8) available from the Kodi "Get More..." skins selection.

Clearly I have gotten into a state where this is unwatchable.

What have I done?  How can I undo what I have done?

In the second screenshot (screenshot001) only channel icons are displayed, except for those which are automatically placed in a 'folder structure', but those within have channel icons when opening the 'folder'.  If I open the context menu for one of these recordings and choose "Artwork options" and then "Manually configure artwork" the list shows artwork as being available, but it is never displayed.  However, on some recordings the only available artwork is the channel icon under the 'thumbnail'.

In screenshot004 one can see that I have disabled all EPG thumbnail options, though it make no difference either way.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thank you.

post-257266-0-59678700-1561619848_thumb.png

post-257266-0-44166600-1561619873_thumb.png

sualfred

Sidebar -> "Debug" will toggle the setting for it

Kodi doesn't support thumbs that are placed next to recordings. The used backend has to provide those and fill it in a info value.

Folders will have no thumbnail at all.

Edit:

TV Headenend (4.3<) uses the EPG thumbnail (if available). 

Edit2:

You can disable the recording groupings in Kodi by going to the filter options in the header while you are in the recordings window. There is an option called something like "folder structure"

Edited by sualfred

Sidebar -> "Debug" will toggle the setting for it

That's embarrassing.  I must have pressed that by accident at some stage.  Lesson learned.

Kodi doesn't support thumbs that are placed next to recordings. The used backend has to provide those and fill it in a info value.

That's weird because Kodi seems to know about and has images for the thumbnail, poster, fanart, etc. which are associated with the recordings.  So, while Kodi downloads these it doesn't use them?  My backend uses enigma.

You can disable the recording groupings

No need; I knew about that and am happy with the organisation that they provide.

Thanks for your help.

sualfred

Do me a favour and make me a screenshot: Enable the debug overlay again and focus one of the recording items with missing cover. 

Edited by sualfred

Do me a favour and make me a screenshot: Enable the debug overlay again and focus one of the recording items with missing cover.

screenshot005 shows an episode of The Blacklist highlighted with the debug overlay active.

screenshot006 shows the artwork known to Kodi when I activate the context menu for that episode and select "Artwork options" followed by "Manual configure artwork".  As you can see, Kodi knows about artwork for The Blacklist.  I notice that none of these are exposed to the debug overlay which only identifies "actual icon" as being the channel icon.

For completeness I include the virtual folder (group) created for The Blacklist episodes being highlighted as well; shown in screenshot007.  Similar to each episode, the artwork exists through the "Artwork options|Manual configure artwork" but is not exposed to the debug overlay.

post-257266-0-92857000-1561680266_thumb.png

post-257266-0-07807600-1561680335_thumb.png

post-257266-0-49398000-1561680359_thumb.png

sualfred

i just wanted to be sure that Enigma doesn't act differently. There is nothing I can show. Take a look at the upper left section. No artwork values except DefaultFolder. 

Polyzp_emby

Hi again!

I noticed when using Embuary Skin Leia, the kodi pvr not behaving as it should be. The video osd during pvr playback will often never disappear. Instead it indefinitely stays visible. With other channels, it will disappear after 5 seconds. My goal is to not have this video osd popup after a channel is switched to. -- the video osd which remains opened can be seen attached --

This occurs especially for channels without associated epg information. I tested this with the default kodi skin, and the issue does not occur. Additionally, I tested this on two devices and the same issue occurs. (N2 coreelec / kodi 18.3 , android mobile kodi 18.2 -- Channel tested CBC via TVheadend (issue occurs with many more channels) --

Although it would be nice to have this osd dissapear consistently after switching channels (for all channels) , ultimately I would like to be able to disable this osd all together. As it stands, I cannot seem to be able to do that at the moment while using Embuary skin.

Thank you for looking into this!

post-365377-0-36838900-1561741664_thumb.jpg

Polyzp_emby

Thanks for clearing up the osd issue! :) your fix works like a charm! Any reason in particular why you wont allow a toggle to disallow the mini-osd from popping up after channel switches?

Thanks! :)

sualfred

Mostly because I follow my own rules:

-> You can't bless everyone, so don't follow requests that are based on personal preference

-> Don't overload a skin with "useless" options to keep it as much as simple as possible

And sometimes it's not as simple as you might think. 

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

Polyzp_emby

Makes sense! Well thank you for fixing that issue with the pvr, it made a huge difference!

I was wondering also,

Is there any way to scale the UI for smaller monitors/tvs ? (ie. To have a setting to make things appear larger on screen)

Im not sure if this would be outside the scope of the skin itself and more a kodi limitation.

Again,

Thank you for your help

• Like 1

sualfred

Not really. The Kodi skinning engine is not flexible enough for those things.

Polyzp_emby

Thanks for the insight.

I have noticed the search function is no longer working, as it results in nothing on my end when clicked. It had been working two days ago when I had been messing around with the skin.

I get an error:

Skin has invalid include: search_action

In my log

If you need me to send a full log I can. Im on kodi 18.3.

Thanks saulfred

sualfred

Thx, already has been fixed and the update is available since yesterday on the repo.

love this skin, 

One feature request tho. Is it possible to remove the option "reboot to nand" in the power menu?  

sualfred

Already possible. Just disable it in the skin settings -> "Reboot (NAND)"

Already possible. Just disable it in the skin settings -> "Reboot (NAND)"

hm, under embuary settings and power menu I have shortcuts "exit, power off system, custon shutdown timer/cancel shutdown timer and reboot" 

sualfred

Stupid typo. Thanks. Will be fixed with the next update.