[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

Just pull the log via network access or copy it to a USB drive via x-plore/ES File Explorer/etc.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

Such issues are mostly caused by these 4:

• script.module.metadatautils
  • script.skin.helper.service
  • script.skin.helper.widgets
  • script.skin.helper.backgrounds
Edited by sualfred

paulmorabi

Just pull the log via network access or copy it to a USB drive via x-plore/ES File Explorer/etc.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

Such issues are mostly caused by these 4:

• script.module.metadatautils
  • script.skin.helper.service
  • script.skin.helper.widgets
  • script.skin.helper.backgrounds

OK, I'll attempt to get the log tonight. Is it safe to disable/remove all 4 of the above services? I might try that and re-test before generating the log.

sualfred

For Embuary it's save, because I don't use it. If you have other skins installed it's possible that they are required for them. 

paulmorabi

For Embuary it's save, because I don't use it. If you have other skins installed it's possible that they are required for them. 

I cleaned all my old skins and removed a load of plugins. There is still a very slight delay when the onscreen menu comes up. I will continue rmoving the plugins and maybe reset my kodi install. Thanks for your help.

Not possible. Kodi only offers limitated PVR database access.

So if I want "On right now" on top in the PVR Hub instead of "Last tuned channels", than this is not possible due to the restrictions you describe ?

sualfred

That would be possible, but require a lot of work. But I'm okay to switch the position of them. Is that okay?

That would be possible, but require a lot of work. But I'm okay to switch the position of them. Is that okay?

If it is only for me, leave it this way, otherwise, other users may not like this.

When it is an option in Skin settings to re-order the sections in PVR Hub to their personal favor, that would be my preference. 

We will see :)

I'll switch them to: right now -> last tuned -> recordings

LOL, excellent and thanks :D 

tchirou

Hi Fred

On the homepage, my media, latest movies and latest tv shows are not translated in French (anymore ?). I thought it was before.

I had even made some translations on Transifex a few weeks ago

Could you please check ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by tchirou

sualfred

Oh, it seems I missed the updates. Could you please also take care of the other missing strings? I will merge them for the next update afterwards.

Love the skin on the FIRE HD box, but I have three questions:

- pushing the "back" button on the remote whist playing a movie takes you back to the main screen but doesn't stop playback. Is there a setting where I can change that?

- once I click on an actor profile, I can see all their movies which looks very slick and great, but how can I tell which movies I already have, and how do i play them?

- I had some crashes when trying to play trailers, asked me to install the YouTube app, I will check tonight if it did install it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

sualfred

@tchirou 

Thx

@@gnollo

-> Kodi never stops the playback if you open the GUI. That's one of the big benefits of this player

-> It's broken in this addon. But I'll see if I can bypass it.

-> If you have problems with the youtube plugin you need to report it on the Kodi boards. But I'm not quite sure if the addon works on a Fire HD device.

tchirou

For the back button, you need to install the add on « keymap editor » and map the back button with stop in « fullscreen video / playback ». Don’t forget to save

Great skin and thanks!!! One question, when I installed it prompted me about if I wanted to go back/change to another skin would need to reset/default, I looked around and searched the forum, where is that process actually done?

Thanks

For the back button, you need to install the add on « keymap editor » and map the back button with stop in « fullscreen video / playback ». Don’t forget to save

I'll try that! I'm guessing the skin auto updates? Would that override my customisation?

Getting "connection error timed out pop ups" during playback, which is continuing fine. When playback completes, I had to power off the unit to get responsiveness back.

sualfred

@@gnollo

Those issues have nothing to do with a skin. I guess you are using EmbyCon, so please post such things in the thread of it + attach a Kodi log.

• Like 1

@@gnollo

Those issues have nothing to do with a skin. I guess you are using EmbyCon, so please post such things in the thread of it + attach a Kodi log.

I am indeed, I'll do that thanks

sualfred

@@gnollo

The next version will support the indicator und playback for available library items. Unfortunatly that won't work EmbyCon, because EmbyCon doesn't fill anything into the Kodi DB.