[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Great skin! I'm currently trying to set it up just to my tastes and have a few questions (Krypton on Android TV):

Do you know how often EmbyCon refreshes from database and how it works with Embuary? I noticed that if I saw an TV episode on another machine, it wouldn't disappear from the widgets or be set as watched under the show before after some time.

Also, I made an "TV Shows - Unmatched" menu entry in the main menu. When I enter that I get a list of all my TV shows what are unwatched. Then when I click on a TV show, it always highlights the first episode even though it is watched. Under Settings -> Media -> I set "Select first unwatched TV show season/episode" to Always but that doesn't seem to happen. How can I force it to always the select the first unwatched show or maybe to not show the watched episodes at all?

Also, a small bug:

Under Embuary settings - Side panel, when PVR button is disabled, you can't deselect Show music/music videos/pictures buttons as it jumps right down to Misc from the Show videos button

Edited by djon

sualfred

It usually refreshes almost instantly (a few seconds).

"Select first unwatched" doesn't work with the EmbyCon approach. You require the Emby for Kodi addon that syncs to the native library

And thanks for the bug report, I'll take a look into it.

Edited by sualfred

Is there no way to do it with EmbyCon? Before EmbyCon I used a smart playlist:

<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Emby TV</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">
        <value>TV</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

that way the unwatched episodes would just be filtered out. Can something like that be done with Embuary's widgets or menus so I won't have to scroll all the way to the last unwatched episode?

sualfred

No, no way. But you can use the Kodi internal filter options (headerbar icon on the right)

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

ms78mama

Don't get what you mean. Please provide a screenshot

Please see the screenshot attached. It is when you go All movies ( emby con)

post-149299-0-42713600-1547044109_thumb.jpg

xnappo

Please see the screenshot attached. It is when you go All movies ( emby con)

@@ms78mama - Are those file folders that contain movies that are part of a Movie collection on the server?

@@sualfred - this may be due to the query change made to support Emby 3.6 - might need to specify a 'IncludeItemTypes=Movie' so folders are excluded (not home, can't check).  The equivalent EmbyCon node does have this in the request..

Edited by xnappo

VaporTrail

@@sualfred I've come across a menu display issue in Embuary since the most recent update. On both PC and Firestick, the first 3 menu items won't display the custom image I've chosen for them (only default generated icon). I've attempted to update these menu items with the custom image again, but it does not honor this change like the other menu items.

Here's an example. Please note the first 3 menu items should be using custom images:

5c365797280da_EmbuarySkin_MenuDisplayIss

sualfred

Go to the menu editor -> change thumbnail -> deactivate "try to use emby styled artwork"

• Like 1

VaporTrail

Go to the menu editor -> change thumbnail -> deactivate "try to use emby styled artwork"

I wonder though why that option is there for those 3, yet not the other menu items? Anyway, it worked, thanks! 

sualfred

Because the other ones are Emby nodes and the server is providing them. There is no need to generate fake arts for these items.

But since you haven't noticed it yet it means that I fake it perfectly in real time ;)

• Like 1

VaporTrail

Because the other ones are Emby nodes and the server is providing them. There is no need to generate fake arts for these items.

But since you haven't noticed it yet it means that I fake it perfectly in real time ;)

Baha, you sure do!

Good to know the reason. Btw, your 'now playing' GUI animations for music is pure joy. Absolutely brilliant.

sualfred

@@xnappo

I've jumped over to Emby 4.0 and made some more required adjustments for EmbyCon. It seems that I have found all remaining issues but I'm not sure. Please keep your eyes open and let me know if widgets are strange, paths are wrong or if listitem info values are missing.

• Like 1

I've installed the beta version of Embuary and the EPG search for live TV is now included.

Fantastic and thanks a lot!

Another question: would it be possible to get for live tv like in Emby different categories or genres for the tv shows.

Like the example in the following image:

5c3831b6ea738_TV_Genres.jpg

abescalamis

After the update the custom images that I set for my libraries have a black background,

5c39195849afb_20190111_143032.jpg

Edited by abescalamis

@@abescalamis

It's a module of Kodi itself. Please provide a log.

@@VaporTrail

I've dropped the dependency 2-3 months ago. Anyway, it's not required anymore and I highly suggest you to remove it together with script.module.metadatautils and script.skin.helper.backgrounds.

These addons are unmaintained at the moment and cause a bigger speed penalty on a lot of setups.

I'm getting the same xmbc dependency message and I'm a newbie, could someone please break down the steps I need to take in order to complete the skin install?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

VaporTrail

I'm getting the same xmbc dependency message and I'm a newbie, could someone please break down the steps I need to take in order to complete the skin install?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but try this:

1. Go to your Add-ons section > Manage add-ons > view all

2. Scroll down until you see... script.skin.helper - script.skin.helper.backgrounds - script.module.metadatautils

3. If any or all of these are present, uninstall them.

4. Embuary uses its own skin helper (I forget the name of it) which should already be installed.

5. Exit then re-open Kodi. The errors messages should be gone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but try this:

1. Go to your Add-ons section > Manage add-ons > view all

2. Scroll down until you see... script.skin.helper - script.skin.helper.backgrounds - script.module.metadatautils

3. If any or all of these are present, uninstall them.

4. Embuary uses its own skin helper (I forget the name of it) which should already be installed.

5. Exit then re-open Kodi. The errors messages should be gone.

System / add-ons / my add-ons/ all /

I can't see anything containing script or beginning with script

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk