[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

feerlessleadr

Fred, not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was playing around with the sort order for the home videos library (the same one from the previous thread you helped me with), and I noticed that the date item doesn't seem to change the sort order.

Each of the files starts off with the date it was uploaded to youtube (i.e. 20181209 XXXXXXXX). Emby has taken that date, and added that to the 'year' tag in the files metadata, rather than keeping that in the 'Title' tag. Therefore, when I browse the videos via emby on the web, when I sort by 'Release Date', all of the files are ordered in the appropriate way. 

When I'm in Embuary, the files are default sorted by name, so they are out of order. When I switch the sort order to Date, which I assumed would be the same as emby's web app sorting by Release Date, nothing changes, the episodes are still sorted by name. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it is actually sorting by date added, which, since I added all of these files today as part of my troubleshooting, and therefore falling back to name sort. 

If it is the latter, would it be possible to add a sort order option for Release date or year in addition to date added for this library type? I know that in the Movies/TV Shows libraries there is a sort option for year, which is what I'd be looking for.

Here is a log showing me changing the sort order, if that helps any:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bM4Q6W8gq2/

Thanks!

Hi Fred, just wanted to follow up on this to see if this sort type could be added to the home video library node.

Thanks!

tchirou

Hi Guys

Sorry to bother but I would like to have the watched films shown in the home « recently added » movies (like in the emby app)

They do appear in the movies list « (all videos) but I can’t find anywhere the setting for the home movies widget

Could you please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

sualfred

Widgets don't have such customizations. Create your own smartplaylist as custom widget and replace it.

Sounds wrong ^^ I suggest you to use Yatse instead

I have Yatse & never use it. I have RII mini keyboards I use mostly. I use a tablet as a screen under my monitor on my desk for my TV that's behind me so... it's easy to just touch the screen in front of me. 

abescalamis

Is there a way to show only unwatched content in the Christmas suggestion widget? BTW, the chirstmas suggestion widget feature is badass, My wife and I, like it a lot, thanks

• Like 1

puithove

@@sualfred

I haven't been around for a while.  I've been in set-top-box mode using the Android TV app.  Haven't touched Kodi in forever because I haven't had the time to keep up with tweaking things.

I decided to play around with Kodi yesterday to see the current state of Leia, and I also installed your skin. It looks GREAT - probably my all-time-favorite skin right out of the box. I wanted to drop in say that it's really well done.  I also really like the Christmas suggestion widget.  I've always kept a Christmas movie collection that I have to manually update, but this surfaced a lot of other stuff I hadn't considered - like Christmas episodes in TV Shows.  Nice. The skin alone is enough to make me want to play with Kodi again.

I'm going to send you a little beer money to say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

Polyzp_emby

Loving the skin! Just noticed, when accessing a single episode for a tv show via widget on the home page, there are sub-widgets in the "episode information" page : more episodes from this season, media info, . The only one that is not present , and is critical in my opinion, is "other seasons from this show". There is no way to select seasons from the show directly from this panel, and instead we are hard limited to viewing only selections from the season the selected show is from. There is no user panel to customize any of these widget-like panels in this area. If this could be implemented somehow that would be most appreciated! Thank you!

horstepipe

Similar to this I guess :-)

But I like the idea of having the seasons as a widget, would be happy with it, too!

Would you mind to add a button in episode info dialog to jump to the show?

I'll see what I can do. Since the TV show ID is not available in this window I have to extend the embuary helper script for it. And this won't work for EmbyCon.

Loving the skin! Just noticed, when accessing a single episode for a tv show via widget on the home page, there are sub-widgets in the "episode information" page : more episodes from this season, media info, . The only one that is not present , and is critical in my opinion, is "other seasons from this show". There is no way to select seasons from the show directly from this panel, and instead we are hard limited to viewing only selections from the season the selected show is from. There is no user panel to customize any of these widget-like panels in this area. If this could be implemented somehow that would be most appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

It's already available for the TV show info dialog. 

And another reason is - beside the technical limitaiton - that the Emby gui doesn't have the seasons in this info dialog.

sualfred

Nope. Emby for Kodi does not take control about the Kodi internal database<->gui behaviour. It just hijacks the database management.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

No to the yt search button. The addon is already very badly maintained and I avoid direct third party integrations. That's why I made globalsearch optional and removed the skin helper script support for example. Dealing with bugs of them is a pita.

The remaining time is displayed if available.

No to the yt search button. The addon is already very badly maintained and I avoid direct third party integrations. That's why I made globalsearch optional and removed the skin helper script support for example. Dealing with bugs of them is a pita.

The remaining time is displayed if available.

ok...

The OSD shows time elapsed / total time - the time it will end. Where am I seeing remaining?

abescalamis

Is there a way to show only unwatched content in the Christmas suggestion widget? BTW, the chirstmas suggestion widget feature is badass, My wife and I, like it a lot, thanks

I guess that it is not possible to not show watched content on the holiday suggestion widget.

sualfred

No because that will lead into empty or too less results. The common user doesn't have a library with hundreds of movies/shows.