[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

pünktchen

No because that will lead into empty or too less results. The common user doesn't have a library with hundreds of movies/shows.

I also really like the seasonal widgets, but unfortunately they aren't available with EmbyCon. So here's my idea/question:

Would it be possible to allow us to set two (Christmas, Halloween) custom widgets that are automatically populated with the given season? With EmbyCon then i could create a seperate library or collection and use that as the widget.

sualfred

It's always possible to create custom widgets for the home screen and the all movie/tvshow hub.

pünktchen

It's always possible to create custom widgets for the home screen and the all movie/tvshow hub.

Yes i know, but i have to set and remove them from the homescreen myself. I'd like to automate this.

sualfred

Since you also have to manually adjust the path it would be the same. Sorry, I don't add such things for personal preferences of a user. You still have the option to switch the addon if you really want an automated widget.

pünktchen

Since you also have to manually adjust the path it would be the same. Sorry, I don't add such things for personal preferences of a user. You still have the option to switch the addon if you really want an automated widget.

Weren't all the feature requests you've implemented in your skin personal preferences of a single user at one time?
  • Like 1

pünktchen

Some other questions: Why do we have all those big search buttons inside every library when there's already a search in the top bar? Don't you think it's unnessesary redundant? In contrast to this i really miss the specialized live tv search on the homescreen. Also it would be nice if the standard search in the top bar takes epg and recordings into account.

sualfred

If a request is usesful for others it will be done if possible. But this seasonal widgets for example only appear 2x a year for a very short time frame and won't be used by most users. I want to keep the customization settings as simple and less as possible. Otherwise everything is going to be a pita to maintain and just confuses less experienced users. 

There was a reason why I've added the search buttons there, but I'm not quite sure anymore why. I'll check that. 

tchirou

Hi guys

Merry Christmas to all of you

Sorry this is not embuary related but I just need a check from you

I installed on my nvidia shield leia 18 rdc 3 to enjoy the latest of the emby add on and embuary

I just noticed that I don’t have anymore settings for the audio passthrough in Kodi system menu.

Do you have the same thing ?

In krypton I was able to check this and choose the streams decided by my av receiver

Thanks a lot for your input as I know a lot of you guys have an android setup

Édit : Nevermind, i just needed to turn mediacodec off

Edited by tchirou

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

Did you remove the ability to sort tv shows by date added to library on purpose?

Pretty sure it was there once :-)

horstepipe

That’s weired, I’m really sure I always made use of it on my Apple TV (Kodi 17). But I guess I’m just remembering wrong.

sualfred

I don't own any Apple device here to check it by myself, but the sort methods are always handled by the core or by a addon (if it's an addon node).

• Like 1

Steverido

Just trying this out after years of Emby for Windows Media Center and the Chocolate theme. 

This looks very good but I am struggling to configure as I would like. I have installed both Kodi for Emby and Embycon. Embycon is default although I have read mixed views which is the better plugin.

How do I set my various folders to look like the image? I think the term is either slide or carousel.

I have played around with it but can't get my folders to look as per the picture and I can't get my descriptions of films or tv programmes showing.

Could someone help please?

sualfred

That's the "Slide" view in the library nodes. Just go the headerbar and select the right icon with the 4x3 tiles

Steverido

That's the "Slide" view in the library nodes. Just go the headerbar and select the right icon with the 4x3 tiles

I only have Home, Favourites & Search.

How do I get that to show please?

sualfred

From a library of your home menu

5c291a57e4571_Anmerkung20181230201922.jp

5c291b1127f2d_Anmerkung20181230202154.jp

Edited by sualfred

VaporTrail

I've got auto-updates turned on so have the latest Embuary/EmbyforKodi betas.

1. For some reason I can't get RT ratings despite updating all video libraries. Is there a tutorial?

2. As of most recent Embuary update now I can't view Audiobooks library. It's just an endless spinning wheel.

sualfred

The rotten ratings are optional now. You have to enable it in the Emby for Kodi addon. 

Please also post a log that capture the audiobooks issue so @@Angelblue05 can take a look at it.

VaporTrail

The rotten ratings are optional now. You have to enable it in the Emby for Kodi addon. 

Please also post a log that capture the audiobooks issue so @@Angelblue05 can take a look at it.

Thanks for the help.

If you're referring to "Sync Rotten Tomatoes ratings", I have that turned on. Since being on, I've cleaned my video library in Kodi and "Updated libraries" in Emby for Kodi video add-on. Would I have to nuke everything and start from scratch to get it? I migrated the db from PC to Firestick as music took 8 hours to scan.

The audiobook issue seems to have worked itself out. Just needed to wait longer for it to load (perhaps due to cleaning music library in Kodi).  :)

deganza

@sualfred: Embuary is the best skin for Kodi I've ever used! Congrats!

But I'm not able to search the live TV programm. I use the TVHeadend Plugin in kodi to watch TV.

With the default skin in Kodi I'm able to search live TV programms.

What I'm doing wrong?

pünktchen

... i really miss the specialized live tv search on the homescreen. Also it would be nice if the standard search in the top bar takes epg and recordings into account.

sualfred

It's not possible with my skin-based/xsp approach. There is no API or function to search the EPG database for a skinner. You guys have to use the PVR windows for this with the Kodi core features.

Edit:

I've added a quick link to the Kodi integrated PVR search window to the PVR hub, so you don't have to use context menus etc.

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/commit/7a6fb604a150bb439765cadda88358b24a7ff27c

Will be included in the next version.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2