[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

one more :-)

something seems to go wrong when you sort your movie list by personal rating (rotten tomatoes). The list starts with all movie collections I have (sorted by reverse alphabetical order), doesn't matter whether they contain movies with a high rotten tomatoes rating. If you sort by "normal" IMDB ratings it works fine (meaning if a collection contains a movie with a high rating, it shows up at the corresponding position in the list).

Not sure if you can fix it or if it is a problem in the Kodi core.

Best regards!

edit:

mhh okay I checked it up in Estuary, behaves the same there. So I guess you can't fix it :-/

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

You can manually set the thumb of this item in you menu configuration. Because it's a combined node with all possible musicvideo libraries of Emby it doesn't return the server thumb.

horstepipe

You can manually set the thumb of this item in you menu configuration. Because it's a combined node with all possible musicvideo libraries of Emby it doesn't return the server thumb.

Yeah got it thanks. But wouldn't it make sense to mirror those "all possible musicvideo libraries" in Kodi? I mean, if the admin creates them, he hopefully got a reason for it :-)

That's how the skin behaves for multiple movie libraries, too. Why do you make a difference for music video libraries?

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

The music database strucutre is different in Kodi. Music itself has no TAG support for example. Since music videos isn't really good implemented by Kodi (it could be a music or video media window which is completely different!), I highly suggest you to don't sync the music videos at all and use the hybrid listing method of the addon. With this approach you can add all your nodes (concerts, music videos, etc.) as own single menu item. And the thumb of the Emby node will be used, too.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe

I highly suggest you to don't sync the music videos at all and use the hybrid listing method of the addon. With this approach you can add all your nodes (concerts, music videos, etc.) as own single menu item. And the thumb of the Emby node will be used, too.

So maybe it's worth to consider to treat music video libraries like audio book libraries in Emby for Kodi / Embuary? (Don't offer to sync them and show the hybrid listing node in main menu automatically...?)

Edited by horstepipe

Angelblue05

You can pick and choose which library to sync. Just don’t sync the music video library and then point the dynamic listing on your home screen? Or to unsync, launch emby for kodi > open the context menu on the music video library > remove library from Kodi.

horstepipe

You can pick and choose which library to sync. Just don’t sync the music video library and then point the dynamic listing on your home screen? Or to unsync, launch emby for kodi > open the context menu on the music video library > remove library from Kodi.

Sure, I‘m aware.

But these are two additional steps I need to explain to my users :-)

sualfred

To be honest, Kodi setups aren't something for "dummies" - or let's say - only recommended for experienced users. Give those people Kodi and you have signed a unpayed lifetime support contract. That's why I advised all of my family members to use Emby Theater.

(just my 2ct)

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

What Sualfred said. Maybe your users would be best setup if they use Embycon at this point or?

Edited by Angelblue05

VaporTrail

Is there any way to pull thumbnails from content for Home videos and photos library in the Embuary skin for top-level items?

I use the Home videos and photos content type for my video training library. Emby for Kodi recognizes them as an image library which is perfect, though the display is sub-optimal IMO.

Here's what the top level looks like if using Wide view (as opposed to default List view):

5c0efc20bc6ff_EmbuarySkin_DisplayIssue_L

Here's what the next level down looks like drilling into "Training" library:

5c0efc56613f2_EmbuarySkin_DisplayIssue_L

Finally, here's the next level down, using List view. If I use Wide view it's the same as above:

5c0efc8185d3d_EmbuarySkin_DisplayIssue_L

Is there no way to see thumbnail previews in Kodi's picture library Wide view like in Emby Theater or Browser?

Does this skin use the Skin Helper Service Widgets? Have it installed & set to hide them but it's not. Not actually sure it's working at all with the betas.

Trying to hide watched in custom widgets. Using EmbyCon so no playlists, you can sort but no filtering in the current skin settings for custom widgets. 

(Emby Server 3.6.0.76 beta, EmbyCon 1.7.2 with Embuary (Leia) skin on Kodi RC2)

sualfred

No, this skin doesn't use the skin helper tools at all (buggy and expensive), except the colorpicker script.

My EmbyCon widgets are hard coded. No customization option. 

No, this skin doesn't use the skin helper tools at all (buggy and expensive), except the colorpicker script.

My EmbyCon widgets are hard coded. No customization option. 

Good to know about the tools. You can do a little customization to them... sort order, watched filter, ext just like any other view. But there's no options to filter watched from the custom widgets in the skin.

sualfred

No I cannot, because widgets are not a library view. Completely different thing.

If you want the benefit of using smart playlists or library nodes you have to switch to Emby for Kodi.

if you go to the custom widgets... 

Settings->Sking Settings->Custom Widgets->Custom 1 path: Addon->Video Add-On->EmbyCon-> Pick a view :-)

Side note... LOVE that there are so many slots for custom widgets!!!!

Edited by riffy

sualfred

Customization would mean I have to add a setting for each single available widget I've implemented. And it won't work for custom widgets at all, because I have no control over it what a user sets. It has nothing to do with the option to set a path as widget source.

No I was talking about the config under the widget path. That gives you options such as Name, Type, Layout, Sort method, Sort direction & Limit to. Those setting change the view. Just no filter for watched.

sualfred

Because that is not possible. Kodi doesn't offer this option for dynamical containers + outside of a media directory. It works with a native library +  smart playlists or custom library nodes where the filtering options are applied directly in the source and not in the widget. Since EmbyCon is no native libary -> Won't work.

Edited by sualfred

Didn't know that... I guess that explains why that widget tool exists with the option to hide watched.

Totally unrelated but, home & end don't work on a lot of the settings pages. Also can't get over to the scroll bar either. Mouse & touch work really well with this skin, even with the big warning not to mouse pointer. :-)

sualfred

Home + End is out of my control too. Mouse + touch only work 75% and will break other things, because I use skin hacks with hidden controls. That's why it has to be disabled.

I have yet to find a skin that 100% works with mouse/touch with out huge buttons all over that burn into screens. This one does much better than most. I use parsec (remote desktop/view) on a tablet to control the TV sometimes & it works well enough for most things.