[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Thank you! I will try it.

Finally found settings.xml under userdata and works! Thank you again

Edited by wujekim

horstepipe

a friend of mine had problems with subtitles too, but he was still using Kodi 18 beta 2 on Windows. He updated to RC1 and everything was fine again.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Just curious, how do you populate those suggestions from the Christmas widget?

Feels like that widget refreshs too often, maybe you can adjust that.

sualfred

by keywords. And it's not refreshed, because this widget has a cache integrated (~10mins). It's only shuffeling. And I have no control about the interval. Kodi triggers widget reloads by itself for some scenarios.

• Like 2

I also sync my empty TV series to Kodi.

This is how an empty TV series looks like on Emby:

xVPCjWO.jpg

This is how it appears on Embuary:

bFnmQmg.jpg

Is it possible to remove that green dot from the empty TV series?

sualfred

alexpaton

To anyone with an older FireTV box (I think mine is about 2 years old now), I would advise switching off the snow effect, as soon as you install, as it has a tendency to make Kodi unusable.  Basically, it seems that if Kodi is doing anything else, Kodi crashes and dumps you back out to the FireTV home screen.  Switching off the snow seems to make everything run smoother.

To anyone with an older FireTV box (I think mine is about 2 years old now), I would advise switching off the snow effect, as soon as you install, as it has a tendency to make Kodi unusable. Basically, it seems that if Kodi is doing anything else, Kodi crashes and dumps you back out to the FireTV home screen. Switching off the snow seems to make everything run smoother.

Sorry but where do I turn it off

VaporTrail

Sorry but where do I turn it off

Embuary skin > Menu > Settings > Skin settings > Appearance > scroll to the bottom > uncheck Enable holiday themes

ms78mama

Hello community, does anyone else also experience connection issues since the latest updates of the skin?

I am experiencing connection issues ( connection error, slow connection, ip no associated with name etc), menu may not load completely or may take time like 5min + this has started after the last 2-3 Embuary updates. Connecting via browser or the app does not give any issues.

Any ideas?

Edited by ms78mama

sualfred

Nope.

What's your setup?

- Emby for Kodi/EmbyCon

- Kodi version

- Server version

- Where is the server

- Wired/WiFi/Storage

- Hardware specs of the Kodi device

And please post a Kodi log

Edited by sualfred

ms78mama

Hello Embuary ,

My setup is as following:

My Emby server 3.5.3.0 is hosted, dedicated server not VPS running on Windows 2012 R2, attached to storage using Gigabyte connection. The connection is HTTPS over 100mbits/100mbits. Only 8 family members are connected with max 6 concurrent. We are using Android boxes with latest hardware, Kodi Embycon with Embuary skin 1.6.19.

The android boxes vary from version 5.0 to 7.1 with 1GB - 3GB Ram. 

horstepipe

hey Fred,

would you mind to give musicvideos a little love? :-)

I just added a music video library in Emby server, called it "concerts" and assigned an image.

I expected that this would show up automatically on my Embuary clients in home screen (after syncing the library with Emby for Kodi). Indeed it added an item, but it's called "music videos" and the art/image I assigned isn't being shown.

Also, would you mind to add showing the plot when pressing "i" like you did for audio books? I added the tracklist to the overview, but currently I'm not able to completely see it in Embuary.

Best regards

sualfred

I have to put this on my todo list. I just have two test music videos with nearly 0 metadata.

• Like 1

ms78mama

Thanks, You forgot the log. 

I have restarted the server a few times and now seems ok, before the restarts i have checked CPU, Memory, delays, firewall, router and everything was fine.

How can i get the log from an Android Box? where is it located?

Thanks

feerlessleadr

Fred, not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was playing around with the sort order for the home videos library (the same one from the previous thread you helped me with), and I noticed that the date item doesn't seem to change the sort order.

Each of the files starts off with the date it was uploaded to youtube (i.e. 20181209 XXXXXXXX). Emby has taken that date, and added that to the 'year' tag in the files metadata, rather than keeping that in the 'Title' tag. Therefore, when I browse the videos via emby on the web, when I sort by 'Release Date', all of the files are ordered in the appropriate way. 

When I'm in Embuary, the files are default sorted by name, so they are out of order. When I switch the sort order to Date, which I assumed would be the same as emby's web app sorting by Release Date, nothing changes, the episodes are still sorted by name. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it is actually sorting by date added, which, since I added all of these files today as part of my troubleshooting, and therefore falling back to name sort. 

If it is the latter, would it be possible to add a sort order option for Release date or year in addition to date added for this library type? I know that in the Movies/TV Shows libraries there is a sort option for year, which is what I'd be looking for.

Here is a log showing me changing the sort order, if that helps any:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bM4Q6W8gq2/

Thanks!

horstepipe

hey Fred,

would you mind to give musicvideos a little love? :-)

I just added a music video library in Emby server, called it "concerts" and assigned an image.

I expected that this would show up automatically on my Embuary clients in home screen (after syncing the library with Emby for Kodi). Indeed it added an item, but it's called "music videos" and the art/image I assigned isn't being shown.

Here are some pics so you get an idea of what I'm talking about :-)

I expected the node to look the same in Kodi as it does in Emby Webgui. As this is how it works for other libraries, too :-)

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe