[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

JoshFink

Quick question, maybe I'm missing a setting. When I press pause or such while watching a video I notice that the bar at the bottom of the screen (play, pause, ff, rw, etc.) stays visible until I press the back button. Is it possible for this to auto close or does it require user intervention? The only reason I noticed this is that previously, on Titan, there was a setting for auto close. I know it's not the same skin but I figured I would ask. 

Thanks

sualfred

Can this skin use music extra fanart from directories external to the music

No, no extrafanart support

• Like 1

tchirou

Just an info which can helpful for people using android boxes

I deactivated the pvr addon in Kodi and I use the app « perfect player » for live tv

This way, Embuary loads much faster when Kodi boots

JoshFink

The OSD is always visible on pause

Is there any way to change this? I like seeing it but when you press play again it should disappear and it does not. 

AgileHumor

Love this skin @sualfred!!! <3

2 Requests.  

1. Can there by a timeout and/or when home button pressed...where the cursor than return to top left, and all new tv in widgets get aligned to the left?     That way the next user isn't buried in submenu. 
  2. Can you make notifications location configurable.  I need it in the top right (vs bottom right) as a screen pop my security camera's in bottom right (also not configurable)...and the skins locations is on top of it. 

sualfred

1 -> Nope, I have no control about things like that

2 -> Which addon provides this? It's the wrong approach to fix it on the skin because it will overlap on other things. Maybe I could add a better compatiblity for it, but you should contact the maintainer of the plugin and tell him that he should provide a setting to move the position.

I use Kodi in Italian but Embuary is not in Italian.

I noticed that this is due to the fact that the file with the Italian translation is in the folder called "resource.language.lt_lt" [LT], instead of in “resource.language.it_it" [iT], therefore it is associated with the language of Lithuania.

AgileHumor

1 -> Nope, I have no control about things like that

2 -> Which addon provides this? It's the wrong approach to fix it on the skin because it will overlap on other things. Maybe I could add a better compatiblity for it, but you should contact the maintainer of the plugin and tell him that he should provide a setting to move the position.

#2 The addon is an old webcam popup.  I understand either dev could make the change, the webcam plugin is no longer maintained.  That is why I was asking here.   I'm testing Embuary, Titan which I was using has the notification on the top of the screen so never was a problem until now.    Still love this skin!   

Edited by AgileHumor

sualfred

@@Davide

Doh, sorry. Should wear my glasses sometimes. Will push a hotfix asap.

@@AgileHumor

Please try this one: https://github.com/Paulemann/script.securitycam

It's a fork based on your unmaintained addon with more options. As far as I can see it supports up to 4 camera pictures + it has options to define the position and dimension of the images.

• Like 1

VaporTrail

script.skin.helper.service (1.1.3) is throwing up an error for me on Windows 64bit Kodi 18 RC1.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : 
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name extend_dict
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
from metadatautils import extend_dict, process_method_on_list
ImportError: cannot import name extend_dict
-->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by VaporTrail

sualfred

You dont't need this script for my skin. I dropped the dependency a while ago because it is unmaintained by the developer.

• Like 1

sualfred

I'll see what I can do. Since the TV show ID is not available in this window I have to extend the embuary helper script for it. And this won't work for EmbyCon.

• Like 1

abescalamis

I did a fresh install on Kodi Leia, and I cannot install the skin, it says that I'm missing a dependency for xbmc.gui

Edited by abescalamis

VaporTrail

You dont't need this script for my skin. I dropped the dependency a while ago because it is unmaintained by the developer.

Is it auto-installed via your skin, or could it possibly be due to the Digital Clock Screensaver I installed? Now that I recall, I'd uninstalled script.skin.helper.service before and both your skin and that Screensaver plugin worked without it.  :P 

sualfred

@@abescalamis

It's a module of Kodi itself. Please provide a log.

@@VaporTrail

I've dropped the dependency 2-3 months ago. Anyway, it's not required anymore and I highly suggest you to remove it together with script.module.metadatautils and script.skin.helper.backgrounds.

These addons are unmaintained at the moment and cause a bigger speed penalty on a lot of setups.

• Like 1

abescalamis

I found my problem, I'm currently using Kodi from 10/30/18, I have to update Kodi or install and older version of the skin, I don't want to use a newer version of kodi because the subtitles don't load since build 11/1/18

Do you know where can I get skin version 18.5.3?

Edited by abescalamis

flatline69

I have some problems with subtitles on CE - sometimes they don't load but when I restart the movie they do. Seems hit and miss and I haven't really paid attention to establish a pattern. Using CE 8.95.5

abescalamis

I guess that it depends what system do you use, I have a Nvidia Shield TV, and already reported here in the forum but was told that it is a kodi issue.

Update: I found a solution on reddit and the work around is go into settings > player > Language > Subtitle Position on Screen and Change from fixed to Bottom of Video

Edited by abescalamis