[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

VaporTrail

I'm mentioning here, but possibly not related to the Embuary skin (v18.5.4a) or Emby for Kodi addon (v3.1.34a)...

The YouTube Kodi addon (v6.2.2) has suddenly stopped working for me after an update. I had auto-updates turned on for all addons, which is now "off" so if something breaks I can narrow down the culprit, but I think the Embuary skin received an update around the time the YouTube app broke. Coincidence?

I had a custom YouTube subscription feed widget on my homescreen, and kept getting "daily limit exceeded" pop-ups every few seconds. Perhaps some update had logged me out of Kodi's YouTube addon?

Have now removed the YouTube custom widget in Embuary, but wondering if anyone here has a similar issue? Is this completely unrelated to Embuary / Emby for Kodi, and should move this to the Kodi forum instead?

Update: Reinstalled the YouTube addon, logged back in, and videos seem to play again. Wish I knew what happened.  :unsure: 

Edited by VaporTrail

sualfred

Caused by YoutTube itself. The API calls are limited per day. You could check the addon settings if its possible to enter a own API key.

VaporTrail

It's possible, yes. I may create an API key if the problem returns, thank you.

Perhaps there were too many calls made from the home screen widget, yet I hadn't used Kodi in several days. Oh well.

sualfred

Go to the filter options in the header bar and check if you have enabled a "unwatched only" filter or similar. 

Go to the filter options in the header bar and check if you have enabled a "unwatched only" filter or similar.

Yeah it was the filter in movies, I didn't expect it to also affect collections

When I start my Kodi, Embuary shows a cached menu and does not update itself with EmbyCon.

In the Continue Watching widget, it shows the last status. Every time I turn on my Kodi, I have to execute Reload Skin to get the correct Continue Watching and menus. This is very recent.

Edited by Zodler

mattyg8

Hi, I have just had a test of you skin and am very impressed. One thing I noticed.

When clicking on a tv channel via channels or tv guide It plays in the background. I have to keep pressing back to show it or go up to the maximize button.

sualfred

@@Zodler

Which version of EmbyCon do you have running? 

@ I just noticed your caching thing on GItHub. Is this already available for the Beta branch? I cannot check it on my end for the next days, because I'm in the hospital.

@@mattyg8

That's the normal Kodi behaviour for some cases and reasons. I have changed something locally on my end to get rid of this behaviour but as I mentioned above I'm "out-of-order" atm. Will be included in the next version.

EmbyCon is version 1.6.10

I noticed that Embuary does get updated without me hitting Reload Skin, it just takes a long time.

If I wait around 50-60 secs, it automatically refreshes.

sualfred

I have to adjust the EmbyCon implementation for the new caching feature, but I'm still at the hospital. If everything goes well I'll be back next week and will push an update asap.

• Like 3

Vito_MCE

I have tried the in Kodi 17.6 skin with the EmbyCon 1.6.12 on the latest Emby Beta. When I open library on the main screen I can see the folder structure view instead of media. So if I have 3 source media folders in the library I can see those folders instead of combined view.  Entering the same from EmbyCon directly works correctly. Is it a bug or i have done sth wrong.

This is what i can see enetring library

post-250040-0-55699000-1542793516_thumb.png

This when I enter the movies (or  Unwatched movies section)

post-250040-0-98308300-1542793533_thumb.png

This is expected - accessed directly from EmbyCon addon

post-250040-0-44920800-1542793540_thumb.png

• Like 1

sualfred

Which server version are you running? 3.5 stable or the 3.6.x beta branch? 

Edit:

Sry, I overread that you are using the Emby Beta. I'm still on stable so there is a high chance that things have to be adjusted.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Hello sualfred!

Glad to see that you're still with us :) I really hope you're well again.

I've got a little problem but I'm not sure if it is related to Embuary or something else. In Kodi I changed the settings in Media -> Videos  -> "Default select action" to "Show information".

This works well when browsing the different sections (recently added, suggestions by genre etc). But I noticed, when viewing the details of a movie and then scrolling down to the sections "more like this" or "more from this director", that selecting a movie offered here starts playing it immediately. So this screen has a different behaviour than the others. I couldn't find a setting to change this and I'm not sure if this has something to do with Embuary or not. At least it doesn't make a difference if using EmbyCon or Emby for Kodi.

Best regards

busch

sualfred

That's nothing that can be changed. "Show Information" as default action is a mess, because it was introduced before dynamic containers and widgets were possible.

I need some help about kiosk mode.

I disabled setting menu from power shutdown menu. Then I turned on kiosk mode.

Now I cannot disable kiosk mode. What should I do?

I can access files under Emburary installation. Can I modify configuration thru file editing? In this case, which file and what is file path?

Please help

Edited by wujekim

sualfred

:D

You can edit the settings.xml of the skin. It's stored in your userdata folder -> \userdata\addon_data\skin.embuary-leia

Just search for the kioskmode line and set it to false. 

<setting id="kioskmode" type="bool">false</setting>

Important:

Your Kodi has to be closed when you edit it, because the settings are cached and your change will get overwritten otherwise.

:D

You can edit the settings.xml of the skin. It's stored in your userdata folder -> \userdata\addon_data\skin.embuary-leia

Just search for the kioskmode line and set it to false. 

<setting id="kioskmode" type="bool">false</setting>

Important:

Your Kodi has to be closed when you edit it, because the settings are cached and your change will get overwritten otherwise.

Thank you! I will try it.