[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

jaketame

Just want to get some help on this... I'm new to Kodi and Kodi for Emby...

Running Sony ATV3 - Android 7

Emby: Latest Beta + Kodi Companion

Some Questions

1) Does Embuary handle the main screen setup auto?

2) Do I need to install plugin dependencies mentioned or is this handled automatically?

3) I'm connecting to a remote emby instance over HTTPS? Does this work? I can't see anything different needed to configure?

4) Should I have running Leia? Currently trying Kyrpton however nothing appears on the main Embuary screen with Emby for Kodi Beta

5) I'm at about 80TB of data so I think Emby for Kodi is best for me?

6) My Sony TV is limited on storage, do you think i will run out/can I plug a USB stick in for Kodi Local DB to use?

Thanks!

sualfred

1) There is a default configuration, which can be adjusted.

2) If you install it from my or the Emby repo -> Automatically installed

3) Works (has nothing to do with the Skin)

4) As soon as you have synced your library it works, or if you use EmbyCon.

5 + 6) You will face a very long sync time on the first time you setup the system. EmbyCon is instantly available but is slower when you walk thru your library. A Android based TV is never the fastest or good solution for Kodi. Why you don't use the Emby Theater for Android TV app in this case?

jaketame

1) There is a default configuration, which can be adjusted.

2) If you install it from my or the Emby repo -> Automatically installed

3) Works (has nothing to do with the Skin)

4) As soon as you have synced your library it works, or if you use EmbyCon.

5 + 6) You will face a very long sync time on the first time you setup the system. EmbyCon is instantly available but is slower when you walk thru your library. A Android based TV is never the fastest or good solution for Kodi. Why you don't use the Emby Theater for Android TV app in this case?

Thanks for the fast response...

Sony ATV has issues with grey bars on apps but apparently Kodi solves this so wanted to test it and see how I get on.

I've seen that there are 4K playback issues because Emby Theatre for Android TV is not fully developed for HEVC/x265 yet...

JoshFink

Hi.. Quick question. Is there a way to disable to pop out container when scrolling all the way to the left? Constantly moving around has it popping open all the time. 

Thanks

sualfred

Nope, not possible. You could decrease the input delay for each single press on your remote and try to get rid of it. 

abescalamis

Good Morning Sualfred,

I loved the theme feature, the only suggestion I have is that the volume starts a bit too high when Kodi starts, you did an awesome job, hats off for you on that, I had little witches and pumpkins flying around the screen.

• Like 1

tchirou

Yep I did. Also tested with and without delay

I will install the nightly

Thanks a lot

Weird. Still not working unless I whitelist the 1080p res and then it switches

sualfred

I only own 1080p TVs so I am not able to assist you in this case. I suggest you to ask in the Kodi boards. Don't forget to add a debug log for them.

JoshFink

When watching a TV episode I’ve noticed that when the show is over it jumps back to episode 1, or at least the top. Is it possible to have it stay on the current episode?

Thanks

sualfred

That's the normal behaviour of Kodi. You could enable this setting:

-> Settings -> Media -> Videos -> Select first unwatched TV shows season / episode: Always

jasonmcroy

@@sualfred - I just wanted to pop in to let you know that an issue I posted about earlier in this thread regarding the exit time with this skin installed has been handled for me on my Nvidia Shield. I am not sure if you did something on purpose about this or if it is just "one of those things" that occurred with some other update but it now exits instantly for me.

I did a fresh install on Leia beta 5 today to play around with it. 

Thanks for a great skin overall. It's really fast to move around in and the layout is fantastic. 

JoshFink

-> Settings -> Media -> Videos -> Select first unwatched TV shows season / episode: Always

Hmm. Thanks. I thought I had that set and it still wasn't working. I'll check it out again.. Thanks

JoshFink

I just checked and it was set to Never. I went to a season of TV shows, scrolled down to the middle, started a show and then stopped it. When it got out of the show it went back to the first episode. Very strange!!

Polyzp_emby

Is there a way to access tvguide directly without having to first access a widget or the live tv menu configuration page? Is it possible to with a custom kodi command? Thank you!

Polyzp_emby

When I access folders through your skin, I cannot move "up" and it go to the bottom of the list. Instead, the selector moves up to the "home / favourites / search / etc" area. In order to get to the bottom I must scroll manually down all the way. This isnt the behavior in estuary, as I had used this trick often.

This is not consistent behaviour with what is observed in the tvguide , where moving "up' one spot when at the top of the list in fact brings the selector to the bottom of the list (last channel). In the pvr/tvguide area it requires a "back" to get to the "home / favourites / search / etc" bar at the top, and another back to exit out.

Wondering if theres a reason for this, or if can be made consistent. I do miss the functionality of up one spot , to move to bottom of the list (as is currently only the case in the tvguide/pvr area)

Thank you again!

Edited by Polyzp_emby

sualfred

There is no optimal solution for the guide because it uses all left/right/up/down controls. The headerbar is always defined as menu control -> action(menu)

Polyzp_emby

Thx for the reply! Is there no way to implement up goes to bottom of list (when at top of list) in any area other than tvguide? (As opposed to going to menu selection above)

Edited by Polyzp_emby
  • Like 1

JoshFink

Thx for the reply! Is there no way to implement up goes to bottom of list (when at top of list) in any area other than tvguide? (As opposed to going to menu selection above)

I too would like this. So much easier when at the top to push up to get to the bottom then scrolling all the way down. 

sualfred

No, because you need to get to the header menu control somehow.  "End" + "Pos1" key on your keyboard (or mapped action on your remote) is the correct way to go.

Polyzp_emby

I was thinking "back" (menu on appletv) to get to header. This is the same as in the pvr guide as I described. (Perhaps have a switch to toggle this functionality off and on for user preference?) Thanks! :)

Edited by Polyzp_emby
  • Like 1

sualfred

I only have limited control for "onback".  Core and plugin actions have a higher priority. 

Edited by sualfred

flatline69

@saulfred / @@Angelblue05

Not sure which is responsible (skin or addon) but the loading of images is pretty slow from my local network. My assumption was that caching artwork during initial (re)sync would handle this but I've gone into multiple libraries (tv, movie, music) and not all the artwork is there. If I sit on screen long enough (few seconds) it'll download (although music doesn't.) I know there was a command line tool to force Kodi to re-cache all artwork and I thought there was a skin/addon option to just force re-caching of artwork but can't find it.

Is there a way for me to tell my little Amlogic box to fetch all artwork from the NAS and just that?

EDIT: Was a python script, can't remember the name but I know there was a topic on the KODI forums about it.

Edited by flatline69