[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

VaporTrail

Just a quick question if I may:

> I disabled background images in Embruary

> I updated to Kodi beta4 on my Firestick Gen2

> I performed a database reset in Emby for Kodi

> In reset options, I chose to reset all except "addon settings" (didn't want to enter server login details again)

> The database rebuilt. Went relatively fast. CPU idles at 40-50% (10% improvement).

Things appear to run smoothly. Playback has noticeably improved. My question is since I'd disabled background images in Embruary prior to reset, did they not sync back into Kodi's local db (giving me back some local storage)?

Edited by VaporTrail

sualfred

A skin is only the interface and doesnt interact with the database or Kodi core. And the caching is a Kodi internal function.

• Like 1

flatline69

It's not listed in my plugin catalog and I haven't installed it. So I guess -> nope.

What provides those rating symbols? I used to have rotten tomatos and that splat-looking-one but now I only see the user rating star. I have IMDB rating enabled in tvdb/tmdb addon but not seeing those either. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

EDIT: Appears I was missing the Universal Movie Scraper addon.

EDIT: Still appears to not be working. Just seeing the red star/user rating. I know I had this working before.

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

You don't need the Kodi scrapers at all if you are using Emby. Emby doesn't support user rating so we decided to use this value for RT instead.

In the upcoming version the rating will be hidden for non Emby items.

And as mentioned before -> To get the rotten rating you have to reset your movie database to sync this value.

flatline69

You don't need the Kodi scrapers at all if you are using Emby. Emby doesn't support user rating so we decided to use this value for RT instead.

In the upcoming version the rating will be hidden for non Emby items.

And as mentioned before -> To get the rotten rating you have to reset your movie database to sync this value.

Ah crap, I missed that part, sorry Fred. So I can uninstall the Universal Scraper and just reset the entire DB.

sualfred

Just don't use any internal Kodi database scrapers ^^

You can leave it installed. As long as you don't add your own library sources directly in Kodi they do nothing.

horstepipe

Emby doesn't support user rating so we decided to use this value for RT instead.

that's an interesting info. So I can create a smart playlist which filters for high user ratings and will get a playlist which shows me movies with a specified rt rating?

VaporTrail

This may be a silly question and should be asked elsewhere, but is there any reason I can't install the Plex for Kodi addon and display Plex library items alongside Emby's in the Embruary skin?

im85288

This may be a silly question and should be asked elsewhere, but is there any reason I can't install the Plex for Kodi addon and display Plex library items alongside Emby's in the Embruary skin?

You could for example install PlexKodiConnect to have that emulate your local Kodi db and then install embycon to have both shown in parallel. My advice would be to choose one though to make your life easier!

• Like 1

sualfred

The same reason why two men cannot have the same woman (in a common relationship point of view).

Because both addons will fight each other to have control over one available database.

To get the max out of the Embuary options stay at Emby (it's better anyway) and use the official Kodi Plex addon to browse the other server.

Or follow @@im85288 suggestions. Works too but some minor Embuary features won't work.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

flatline69

The same reason why two men cannot have the same woman (in a common relationship point of view).

Ahhhh, the oldest problem in the world. I laughed when I read this.

flatline69

So I rebuilt my DB and sure enough, got the ratings. Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem again with titles loading as I went back to addon mode instead of native. Seems to happen most from library view (slide/poster) where it takes the first select/OK and a spinner shows up for a split second then nothing, second select/OK loads the title. This gets progressively worse until it takes upwards of 3 min for titles to load. I'm going to have to revert back to native mode which works instantly, first time.

EDIT: Should note that continue watching/next up/recently added work first time, every time.

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

That doesn't really make sense. The addon playback method just have a plugin plath stored as file path.

A log might be helpful.

@@Angelblue05 any idea?

Polyzp_emby

The default setting for sorting items in each widget is alphabetical. Is there anyway to change the default setting for each widget, or customize it?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Polyzp_emby

VaporTrail

The default setting for sorting items in each widget is alphabetical. Is there anyway to change the default setting for each widget, or customize it?

Yes, I use only custom widgets on the home screen, which allows for tailored displays like Recommended, Random, Last Added, etc.

Step 1: From the left-hand menu > System > Settings > Skin settings > Custom widgets screen

Step 2: Click Edit path > find the library you wish to add, drill down to the custom display you want (ie. Recommended)

Step 3: Next choose "Type", "Layout", and Rename to what you wish (ie. Recommended Movies)

Step 4: Move to the Menus & widgets screen > Edit widget configuration > find an empty slot > click the "+" symbol > find your custom widget and add it

Step 5: Use the "up" arrow to move your custom widget to the top > delete any default widgets you don't want (can be added later, they're not gone forever)

Step 6: Repeat these steps to create more custom widgets for other libraries you've synced. There's 20 custom widget slots available.

For ideas, here's my current home screen widgets. Each widget can only be linked to one library. #1 and #3 on my list use the same TV library.

1. On Deck/Continue Watching - wide layout [Next Episodes display]

2. Recommended Movies - poster layout [Recommended display]

3. Recommended TV Shows - poster layout [Recommended display]

4. Must-See Documentaries - poster layout [Recommended display]

5. Concert Performances - poster layout [Random display]

6. Stand-Up Comedy - poster layout [Random display]

Hope that's understandable.

Edited by VaporTrail

Polyzp_emby

Im asking how to sort the widget from left to right in ways other than alphabetical. I have my widgets already setup like you described. For unwatched movies for example, id like items randomized instead of alphabetical. Thank you :)

VaporTrail

Perhaps we're misunderstanding each other, but I think I just explained how to randomize with custom widgets. If you're using custom already, I'll leave it to the pros to answer.  ;)

sualfred

Just use a smart playlist with configured random sort order? :)

@@All Android users

Because blind coding doesn't work very well -> My Nvidia Shield test device arrived today and Embuary suddently support correct Android app listings.

I've added it as default menu item if the platform is Android. You are now able to add them to favourites etc.

• Like 4

JoshFink

Just use a smart playlist with configured random sort order? :)

@@All Android users

Because blind coding doesn't work very well -> My Nvidia Shield test device arrived today and Embuary suddently support correct Android app listings.

I've added it as default menu item if the platform is Android. You are now able to add them to favourites etc.

Awesome.. Thank you.

Polyzp_emby

Thank you for the reply! I think i understand what you are saying. Do you mean having a widget such as "random movies" , which is already sorted randomly? Is there a way I could I sort my already existing library widgets in a random way as opposed to alphabetical, or my only solution is choosing adifferent widget all together with a random trait pre-existing. I noticed the way they are sorted by default is alphabetical, but no way of configuring that. Would this be difficult to implement? Thank you again for the ongoing support!

Edited by Polyzp_emby