[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

flatline69

I've changed the logging a bit and pushed another update to see where the problem appears. Please show me a log if you find similar lines.

Updated to 0.1.1 and see the below, will continue to monitor:

16:35:30.485 T:3850335088  NOTICE: script.embuary.helper: Service started
16:35:30.485 T:3850335088  NOTICE: script.embuary.helper: Start new fanart grabber process
16:35:30.750 T:3850335088  NOTICE: script.embuary.helper: Update widget reload property
16:35:43.375 T:2935866224  NOTICE: script.embuary.helper: Get next up episodes: No episodes found
Edited by flatline69

sualfred

Should be enough to restart Kodi and be on the home screen. It's a widget from there.

flatline69

Strange, no more "No episodes found" message for the "Next up" widget. 

Yeah I noticed that too. Been trying to troubleshoot a very strange issue were Emby (not Embuary) has this terrible lag loading content from my NAS where it can take up to 3 minutes for titles to load and play. Fine after a reboot but after a while it starts. Been sending @@Angelblue05 logging around it trying to get an handle on it. I may have to wipe the box and start fresh :(

sualfred

I have another user at the Kodi board that is having the same issue. But he is a Plex user and the PKC addon isn't officially supported by me and it has some bugs. I'm waiting for his reply. Maybe this is the same problem like you had.

flatline69

I have another user at the Kodi board that is having the same issue. But he is a Plex user and the PKC addon isn't officially supported by me and it has some bugs. I'm waiting for his reply. Maybe this is the same problem like you had.

Unfortunately on the CE side, they say it's probably skin related. I haven't reverted back to Estuary to see yet though but personally I think it started with the latest release of CE. Still have some testing to do before I can speak with any real certainty.

sualfred

It has nothing to do with the skin. It's related to my embuary helper script or your database. That's what we have to find out.

flatline69

It has nothing to do with the skin. It's related to my embuary helper script or your database. That's what we have to find out.

Sorry I meant the slow media playing - I was told it was skin related (more than likely) and to use Estuary to determine this. That's all I was getting at. We're working on a totally separate issue with the helper :)

flatline69

Thats stupid because a skin has nothing to do with a playback.

I would agree - they felt it was skin/addons that were dragging it down. I personally don't because it stalls getting content, not accessing it. Box has high load too. I still feel it's related to the release more than anything else as that's really the only major change. Sure the skin/helper/embyaddon changes but I doubt that's the root cause.

sualfred

The helper script does nothing except fetching informations from the database via JSONRPC (like a smart playlist, just more detailed).

flatline69

The helper script does nothing except fetching informations from the database via JSONRPC (like a smart playlist, just more detailed).

One problem I noticed that seems to have been resolved was CPU usage on my box. With 0.1.1a it seems the CPU isn't pegged anymore. Will continue monitoring.

flatline69

I've just added 2 logging lines, nothing more ^^

I figured it'd be a small change. Not sure what's changed otherwise. I did update Emby for Kodi yesterday though, maybe that was it *shrug*

flatline69

I noticed the helper is pretty busy, from the output I see plenty of json output and fanart processes spawning. What exactly is it doing? The box is idle, nobody is using it but I'd imagine it'd have indexed (or whatever the equivalent is) by now and just be idling.

EDIT: From the json output it keeps hitting the same episodes over and over.

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

That's normal because the widgets are refreshed after a interval of some minutes. Same applies to the backgrounds.

You just see the database interaction because I display it in the custom build to see why you got the error.

Edited by sualfred

flatline69

That's normal because the widgets are refreshed after a interval of some minutes. Same applies to the backgrounds.

You just see the database interaction because I display it in the custom build to see why you got the error.

Could it be changed to trigger-based (for lack of better words) - ie; the skin sees a title has been played, trigger update or trigger update on initial launch otherwise idle.

sualfred

This is already the case plus the interval refresh.

What exactly is your problem? Kodi is constantly doing such things in the background. This doesn't trigger any problem on your side. 

flatline69

This is already the case plus the interval refresh.

What exactly is your problem? Kodi is constantly doing such things in the background. This doesn't trigger any problem on your side. 

Trying to find why Kodi is constantly @ 50-80% CPU when idle (nobody is using the box). Just ruling out things I can think of it all.

sualfred

I only faced and read about such issues with the script.skin.helper.script 

That's why I created my own embuary helper script to kill this speed penalties.

flatline69

I only faced and read about such issues with the script.skin.helper.script 

That's why I created my own embuary helper script to kill this speed penalties.

So it's not needed anymore then? I can uninstall it?

sualfred

I'm currently uploading the new Embuary version which is script.skin.helper.service free.

Once you have updated you can reboot your box and delete it.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1