[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

No because wrapping with less than 6 items looks like crap. And it will also break the option to jump to the left sidebar. 

flatline69

No because wrapping with less than 6 items looks like crap. And it will also break the option to jump to the left sidebar. 

OK. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. I've come to expect (bad choice of words) certain functionality from a skin (such as wrapping, alphabet jump, etc) all which Embuary doesn't have or will support. How do you use the skin, as in views, etc? Perhaps I should adapt the way I use it to the way it was intended to be used.

sualfred

The slide view isn't the best choice for a huge library. The poster or wide wall makes it easier and faster to get to the wanted position. 

I just enabled it because I know some people would love to use one of those. 

In my case I use the poster wall for movies and the wide wall for TV shows. The slide view is just enabled for sets because of the same problems that you have. 

The slide view is no problem if you get used to PageUp/PageDown and SMSJUMP with the numbers on a remote. But if you only have a little remote like the one of the FireTV you are going to have a bad time. That's why I always suggest to get a Logitech Harmony (I use the Companion) to get the best control experience.

• Like 1

flatline69

The slide view isn't the best choice for a huge library. The poster or wide wall makes it easier and faster to get to the wanted position. 

I just enabled it because I know some people would love to use one of those. 

In my case I use the poster wall for movies and the wide wall for TV shows. The slide view is just enabled for sets because of the same problems that you have. 

The slide view is no problem if you get used to PageUp/PageDown and SMSJUMP with the numbers on a remote. But if you only have a little remote like the one of the FireTV you are going to have a bad time. That's why I always suggest to get a Logitech Harmony (I use the Companion) to get the best control experience.

Only problem I have with Poster Wall (and why I like slide) is there's no description/rating/etc pane. I'll give this a whirl and see how I like it. I do have a harmony but never seem to have time to sit down and finish setting it up.

sualfred

That's what the info dialog is for. You only have a small screen dimension and it's impossible to display all of them.

The Harmony is great if you setup it correctly. My wife felt in love with the "DVR" button to directly jump to her recordings (WAF level increased by over 9000<)

tchirou

That's what the info dialog is for. You only have a small screen dimension and it's impossible to display all of them.

The Harmony is great if you setup it correctly. My wife felt in love with the "DVR" button to directly jump to her recordings (WAF level increased by over 9000<)

My DVR button jumps to adult videos [emoji3060]

flatline69

Sold. Been struggling with WAF from day one on a variety of technologies I employ :)

EDIT: I have a Harmony 650 - any pre-canned configs out there I can use?

EDIT: nvm, Google to the rescue!

Edited by flatline69

aenima99x

I believe there's a compromise that could alleviate "some" of the wraplist requests and still maintain the integrity of the skin.

Embuary_Widgets.xml - in the fixedlist control add in

<onright>$PARAM[onright]</onright>

Embuary_Set_view_56.xml - in the PosterWidget group add in

<param name="onright" value="56"/>

This way it will wrap once you get to the end of the list but not change the left menu functionality :)

Edited by aenima99x

sualfred

That will break the bounce on right animation. I'm a marketing guy in real life and once something is defined in a "Corporate Identity" it should be followed. Otherwise it looks and feels wrong. 

And I already hear users "I always jump back to the first item because I scrolled too fast or haven't released the button at the right time." (CEC users have to fight such delays day by day).

Sorry guys, but I make skins since 5 years and learned my lessons. No wrapping.

Edited by sualfred

flatline69

That will break the bounce on right animation. I'm a marketing guy in real life and once something is defined in a "Corporate Identity" it should be followed. Otherwise it looks and feels wrong. 

And I already hear users "I always jump back to the first item because I scrolled too fast or haven't released the button at the right time." (CEC users have to fight such delays day by day).

Understood. I'm currently reviewing documentation for configuring my Harmony. There's a bit of work for me to do here on this matter but I'd still settle for the alphabet jump ;)

aenima99x

I understand your points.

However I would like to point out that since it is a fixedlist, if you're holding down the button to scroll, it hits the end of the list and stops. You have to release and press right again for it to wrap back to the beginning.

sualfred

@@aenima99x

You are wrong. I already had users complaining that they always focus the headerbar by mistake. Kodi doesn't add a stop between two controls. There are some other scenarios and mostly it depends on the used input device. 

Edited by sualfred

aenima99x

@@aenima99x

You are wrong. I already had users complaining that they always focus the headerbar by mistake. Kodi doesn't add a stop between two controls. There are some other scenarios and mostly it depends on the used input device. 

Nope, I've already made the change in the skin and verified it does indeed stop at the end of the fixedlist in the slide view. Watch the video and you'll see that it stops at the end of the list while I'm holding down the key. As soon as I release and re-press the key it moves right which sends it back to the beginning of the list.

http://tinypic.com/r/73pe9c/9

Polyzp_emby

The osd on playing video files remains the original green color , regardless of what theme I pick. Im loving the blue style, but now the osd clashes. Is this regular behavior? What can I do to change the osd to match the theme color? Thanks!

sualfred

@@aenima99x

I don't lie if I say I already had users complaining about it.

You can believe that this is the case depending on what kind of input device you have and what the input delay is. Most remotes have a delay configured between a key input to prevent double input. Think outside of the box.

sualfred

@

The "Material" color theme has a pinkish accent color. And there are also variants of the default theme available with different accent colors.

Polyzp_emby

Anyway to customize them? For the blue theme only green/pink accent color available. Would like a more neutral color, maybe even a transparent smokey. The green or pink seem fine (actually nice) up until using the osd, where they are too overpowering. If the osd could be made more neutral, that would be sweet.

sualfred

You always can edit the color files. But changes get overwritten on a skin update. 

Polyzp_emby

I think its more of the empty art default color being the accent color for shows / movies missing art. It looks like a big lime green rectangle. It sicks out in the osd expecially, but also wherever art is missing. Its too overpowering. Perhaps this can be set to a neutral grey instead. The rest of the green / pink accents/higlights are nice actually. 

sualfred

For all those "I don't like the accent colors" people:

(wip)

Anmerkung.png

Anmerkung.png

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

flatline69

@saulfred - I sent a log to @@Angelblue05 and I noticed this in it, not sure it means anything:

12:13:29.669 T:3650233200  NOTICE: script.embuary.helper: Error by fetching episode details: 'episodes'

EDIT: Just saw there was an update - updating and keeping an eye on logs.

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

I've changed the logging a bit and pushed another update to see where the problem appears. Please show me a log if you find similar lines.