[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

It's a bug of the skin shortcuts script. Xnappos workaround helps.

And I still have no Android device here for testing such use cases. All android things are "blind coded". Someone should donate me a Nvidia Shield ;)

I did it by adding the app to Favorites, then adding the Favorite to the home screen..

where did you add app to favourites?

That's how I have done it in previous skins, But can't seem to do it in this skin.

Is no option to view android apps

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Figured out how to browse to android apps but cant add to favourites

Long Pressing does nothing

Edited by Glyde62

sualfred

Possible breaking change:

During speed penalties and the unmaintained status of the skin.helper.widgets scripts I've decided to learn some Python and made my own little helper script (thx to Angelblue05 for helping me out)

The skin now requires the script script.embuary.helper, which should be automatically installed. 

Another important thing is that I have removed the TOP250 widgets. That could cause issues with your existing widget configurations. If you are facing troubles please reset the widgets of the broken hubs.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 3

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Never had trouble doing it on Titan skin

Is there a way to add other library's to the main menu? In Emby I have a section for Podcasts but I don't seem to see where to add this in to the skin main interface. 

sualfred

Skin settings -> edit main menu -> add item -> addons -> audio addons -> emby -> select your wanted node

But this only works, if you are using Emby for Kodi and if this library is available in the plugin listing.

Only way i managed to add Netflix to favourites was to revert back to Titan Skin

add Netflix to Favourites then change back to Embuary Skin

sualfred

As I said, I have no Android device to see what's causing it. The context menu is out of my control.

The Android apps should be shown in the addon hub. 

<include content="SquareWidget">
				<param name="visible" value="System.Platform.Android"/>
				<param name="id" value="203"/>
				<param name="onup" value="202"/>
				<param name="ondown" value="204"/>
				<param name="height" value="480"/>
				<param name="headline" value="$LOCALIZE[20244]"/>
				<param name="sublabel" value=""/>
				<param name="widget_target" value="programs"/>
				<param name="sortby" value="lastused"/>
				<param name="sortorder" value="descending"/>
				<param name="content" value="androidapp://sources/apps/"/>
			</include>
Edit:

And you should also be able to set a main menu item to all Android sources.

<node label="32007">
			<node label="32009">
				<content>addon-program-plugin</content>
			</node>
			<node label="32010">
				<content>addon-video</content>
			</node>
			<node label="32011">
				<content>addon-audio</content>
			</node>
			<node label="32012">
				<content>addon-image</content>
			</node>
			<shortcut label="10001" type="32021" icon="DefaultAddonProgram.png" widget="addon" widgetType="program" widgetTarget="programs">addons://sources/executable</shortcut>
			<shortcut label="20244" type="32021" icon="DefaultAddonProgram.png" widget="addon" widgetType="program" widgetTarget="programs" condition="System.Platform.Android">androidapp://sources/apps</shortcut>
			<shortcut label="1037" type="32014" icon="DefaultAddonVideo.png" widget="addon" widgetType="video" widgetTarget="video">addons://sources/video</shortcut>
			<shortcut label="1038" type="32019" icon="DefaultAddonMusic.png" widget="addon" widgetType="music" widgetTarget="music">addons://sources/audio</shortcut>
			<shortcut label="1039" type="32020" icon="DefaultAddonPicture.png" widget="addon" widgetType="picture" widgetTarget="pictures">addons://sources/image</shortcut>
		</node>
Edited by sualfred

As I said, I have no Android device to see what's causing it. The context menu is out of my control.

Maybe some of the users on here should all put a few $ € ¥ or whatever to buy you one to test on

feerlessleadr

Hi Fred, I'm not sure if this change is related to the new embuary.helper, but for the next up widget in the main screen (not in the hubs), when I used to click on a show in this widget, it would take me to the show\season. Now, it seems that the widget has changed so that when I click on it, it directly plays the episode.

Is there any way to change it back (or have an option) to the old behavior? My challenge is that with the new way the widget operates, when I have more than one episode for an unwatched show, if I stop the first episode in the middle, the widget updates the next up to the second unwatched episode, so now I need to go to the actual show to play the in progress episode.

I also don't use the continue watching widget, since my daughter and wife have a tendency to stop a lot of shows in the middle, and my OCD itches real bad when I see it.

Thanks!

feerlessleadr

I'm on mobile, so can't edit my post, but I created a smart playlist that seems to have given me back the same functionality, and am using that as a widget.

Thanks

sualfred

FYI:

The release of today was the last planned update for the Krypton version and it hit the feature-freeze state. Only breaking bugs will be fixed if necessary.

JakeByr

FYI:

The release of today was the last planned update for the Krypton version and it hit the feature-freeze state. Only breaking bugs will be fixed if necessary.

Time for us to switch to the new build of Kodi? 

sualfred

Up to you. I just reached the point where things are not possible in Krypton. The Leia version already contains some things that are different.

All I can say is that I use Leia as my daily driver for almost 3-4 weeks now. Without any problems.

tchirou

Hi Fred

What is the best way to upgrade ?

Update Kodi with leia, then install embuary leia to retain the embuary settings ?

sualfred

If you already on the beta version of Emby for Kodi -> Just install Leia. All you have to do is to install the Embuary Leia version afterwards. There is no way to import everything to the new skin version so the best way is to reconfigure it from the beginning.

xnappo

[EmybCon]

Recently I noticed that on my main screen, the 'Recently Updated TV' node does not group the shows if there is more than one updated episode.  However in the TV section itself the widget is right.  I resolved this by creating my own custom widget pointing to 'TV Latest' - but still not sure what caused the change.  The Widget config looks identical in 'Main' and 'TV Hub'.

Edited by xnappo

sualfred

3.6 or 3.5?

Because it is possible that I have to adjust it somehow once 3.6 is getting released as stable.

Edited by sualfred

xnappo

Yeah, 3.6.  Forgot I had to update to that the other day due to MS library conflicts.  It seemed weird that the TV hub worked, but definitely coincides with my changing to 3.6 beta.

sualfred

Ok, it's working as it should for 3.5.

Once 3.6 hits stable I'll take a look at it.

horstepipe

Hey

just a little one:

The info window for audio books doesn't work (nothing happens when pressing "i" except that the topline disappears).

Works fine in Estuary.

Best regards and thanks!

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

Thanks, fixed.

Please note that I disable the dialog for these items completely. Because of technical limitations the video info dialog is used and the Embuary layout is not compatible to audio books.

• Like 1