[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

Thanks, fixed.

Please note that I disable the dialog for these items completely. Because of technical limitations the video info dialog is used and the Embuary layout is not compatible to audio books.

okay thanks

so there's no way to make the full plot readable if it's longer than the textbox?

horstepipe

Would you mind to add the ability to go from the first item (home) in topline to the last (e.g. full screen) by the next page and/or last page commands?

sualfred

Not possible, sorry. PageUp/PageDown are handeld by the Kodi core.

Edit:

Audio books will return the plot now

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

flatline69

@saulfred - I sent Angelblue a debug log for a playback issue and in the log, I noticed this:

23:30:06.532 T:3851383664   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in skin.hassetting(embuaryhelperclearplaylist

I can send the entire log if you think it'll help.

EDIT: Looks like it's line 22 in  addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py missing a parenthesis and quote on the end. I fixed my local copy (although, I'm not sure this looks right to me... I would think it'd be xbmc.getCondVisibility(Skin.HasSetting(EmbuaryHelperClearPlaylist))

if method == "Player.OnStop" and xbmc.getCondVisibility("Skin.HasSetting(EmbuaryHelperClearPlaylist)")
Edited by flatline69
  • Like 1

horstepipe

Hey

@@Angelblue05 changed the audiobook library content type from audio to video, see release notes here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi/page-17#entry632327

But Embuary still auto creates the main menu item pointing to Emby -> Audio, so if you play them back from there the bugs are still present.

Best regards

sualfred

I know. The github version already points to video since yesterday. A main menu reset is required.

I have planned a version bump later this day.

• Like 1

horstepipe

nice thanks

would you mind (if it's possible) to auto create a live-tv shortcut to the emby live tv plugin listing if there's no "real" pvr enabled?

sualfred

Nope. The options of dynamic nodes like books, photos, livetv, etc are endless.

So we have decided to only auto detect:
-> Synced movies, tvshows

-> Dynamic contents for photos and audio books

Users can easily setup the other required nodes so there is no need to waste hundreds of code lines for it.

And the common Kodi user prefers the Kodi internal PVR system.

• Like 1

flatline69

@saulfred - would you allow for wrapping in slide view and in menus (vertical, up/down, wrap in either direction); this would make is easier for me to scroll through my list of movies. I know you don't have any intention of the alphabet jump that I keep pestering you for but when you have 900+ movies and my wife refuses to search and instead scrolls and complains, could you allow wrapping to spare me some pain? Or.. Add a slide mode option to allow alphabet jump ;) 

tchirou

I know this seems an overkill but I use a Logitech harmony remote and the page up page down allows me to scroll very quickly

sualfred

Using SMSJUMP of a logitech harmony or similar remote does also work well. Like in the good old T9 days before smartphones went famous.

flatline69

I know this seems an overkill but I use a Logitech harmony remote and the page up page down allows me to scroll very quickly

I have a harmony as well but haven't finished setting it up yet. I'm guessing this means this is the solution and no skin-based one will happen ;)

horstepipe

Fred, could you be persuaded to backport the skin changes to Kodi 17 until Emby for Kodi hits stable? 

So the Apple TV users still get the most important updates :-)

sualfred

@@flatline69

As long as I still have not a suitable solution, yes.

@@horstepipe
All possible and required fixes are backported. New features like the improved genre view are not working in Krypton.

• Like 1

adamstewiegreen

Just a request (not sure how possible it is):

I would like to be able to put widget(s) above the menu, mainly because I like to have "Continue Watching" above the menus on my other Emby apps.

sualfred

Technically yes, but this would require a big rework of my "templates". So I have to say nope, sorry.

I will install this skin to test it out. Currently using Bello 6 modded for Krypton 17.6 but I always thought trying this one out.

Even though I dont have Embycon but rather Emby for KODI.

Will report back if any issues and good job by the way.

EDIT: Just 2 things

1 - I have manually added an icon to my "TV Shows" in the server. The Skin imported both Movies (also custom added by me) and TV Shows, but the TV Shows seems off as in half is not showing. I manually resized it and edited my server and uninstalled the skin, but it is not refreshing the said icon

2 - Minor issue, the volume in the video dialog (when playing) shows the volume in the bottom right, but that slider doesnt move whenever I crank up or down in my nvidia shield remote.

Other than that: loving the skin

Edited by djhifi

Polyzp_emby

I had a question. How can I increase the number of items per row (widget). Its set to 25 by default. Also, is it possible to make them wrap around , sort of like netflix?

Additionally, my movie info doesnt pop up prior to playing the movie. Instead it plays the movie directly. When the movie begins to play, I can hit info on the osd and it will show the movie info /actors / rating etc, like a whole info panel. I would like this to pop up by default when clicking movies. For some reason it is only opening for tv shows, where a selection must be made in order to play a specific episode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sualfred

They are limited because of speed penalties. Wrapping is not possible (silly for less items).

The default play action can be changed in the Kodi media settings.

Polyzp_emby

Another question : what does cinema mode and kiosk mode do exactly? I assumed that was info, but It isnt. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by Polyzp_emby

sualfred

The limitation is hard coded and cannot be changed.

Kiosk mode:

Disables some setting buttons to prevent kids (for example) to change configurations

Cinema mode:

Is a Emby feature to show intros and trailers before the playback of a videos starts. It requires an active Emby Premiere subscription and the addon playback method of the Emby for Kodi addon.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Cinema-Mode

Edited by sualfred

flatline69

They are limited because of speed penalties. Wrapping is not possible (silly for less items).

The default play action can be changed in the Kodi media settings.

Would you consider adding wrapping to slide view? I have hundreds of titles in each sub-section (adults, kids, kids tv, etc)