[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

we talked about it some months ago, maybe we can dig into it again:

Don't you see the behavior that Kodi takes heavy cpu load from time to time for an hour or so (depends on your hardware I guess)?

I know your skin is not directly responsible for it, but its dependencies are. I'm not sure whether it is the extendedinfo script, the metadata utils, the simplecache or some skin helper addon, but one of these makes a lot of database adjustments in the background which make my I5 3570k be loaded up to >70%.

I'm seeing the MyVideos107.db and the simplecache.db be permanently being changed. Are you aware of a tool which can compare db files? I'd like to know what's happening here. I don't see anything in the log about it unfortunately.

I'm really confused that I'm the only one seeing this behavior.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

I can trigger this behavior when I delete the simplecache.db.

After Kodi starts it is being recreated, as long as I stay in main menu it stays almost empty. but the myvideos107.db is being changed permanently. When I browse my movies, the simplecache.db is being filled with (as far as I can tell) mostly useless information, as those information are already provided by the Emby server (see screenshot attached)

But even on my primarily used system, where the simplecache.db-file is not being touched ever, I'm seeing those CPU-spikes. Guess this happens because of the "expiration" row...

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Never faced it but it has to be something with the skin helper script.

mhh so you don't even see the load when you delete the simplecache.db file and start kodi? (maybe you need to enter the movies library to make the process start)

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Yep. Everything is fine on my end. No CPU load issues on my devices. 

mhh okay I'll try a completely fresh kodi setup and report back, thanks

horstepipe

okay on a fresh installation I don't have the problem.
Compared the versions of the installed addons, I had newer versions of

Metadata and Artwork module
Skin Helper Service
Skin Helper Service Widgets

from marcelveldts repo (or GitHub, not sure anymore) installed, so one of those made trouble for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

okay on a fresh installation I don't have the problem.

Compared the versions of the installed addons, I had newer versions of

Metadata and Artwork moduleSkin Helper ServiceSkin Helper Service Widgets
from marcelveldts repo (or GitHub, not sure anymore) installed, so one of those made trouble for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Ah now I remember why I did it. I had problems with the shutdown of Kodi with the versions from your repo. Guess there's no solution for it yet?

horstepipe

Maybe the addon that prevents Kodi from shutting down is a different one than the addon made my cpu go crazy? So that I can update one or two of the addons listed above?

I’ll try it out

sualfred

Crap Apple stuff. This device isn't really rockstable in some cases with some Python scripts. Often heard about issues.

horstepipe

Yeah but all issues I‘m just reporting are on my windows test instance. I‘m doing it because I‘m aware of those special Apple problems and don’t want to bother you with them :-)

So I‘m gonna report only the problems which also occur on my windows machine

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

I suggest you to report issues in the script thread in the Kodi board. There is maybe someone who can help you who has rights on Marcels repos.

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Fred - thanks for the great skin. WIth the re-work of the main menu, I'm facing some challenges, and I'm not sure if it user error, or something else. 

As a background, I have a number of emby nodes for Movies/TV/Kids Movies/Kids TV/Workout/etc. I used to be able to have a shortcut on the home screen to go directly into each node. I preferred this way, since when I use 'All Moves' or 'All TV Shows', my daughters movies and TV are mixed in with my wife and my movies/shows, and we'd really like to keep them separate.

When I use the same steps to add a link directly to the Movies node (ie no kids movies on emby), I take the following steps:

• Video Library
  • Library
  • Emby [folder]
  • Movies

This successfully creates a shortcut on the homescreen, but when I click on the new Movies node on the homescreen, I am taken to an emby screen instead of the movies poster view (see link to picture for the screen I'm talking about). https://imgur.com/zoJj7HK

The above steps are what I use when adding the other nodes as well, with the same result. 

I also tried adding a shortcut directly into the emby addon using the following steps:

• Video Library
  • Video Addon
  • Emby
  • Movies

This creates what I'd like, but when opening the shortcut, the load times for getting into and out of each node is quite long (5 - 8 seconds), so I'd rather not do that. When accessing each node via the shortcut created in the first example, navigation in and out of the node is instantaneous. 

Is there a different way to add each of my emby nodes to the main screen so that they go directly to the underlying content (or node, that's fine too) (and so that they have the dynamic thumbnails, which is awesome by the way), rather than going to this emby screen?

Please let me know if I need to get a log or anything like that.

Thanks again

sualfred

Seems to be a skinshortcuts script issue, which gathers the wrong node. As workaround you can add all of your preferred nodes from the plugin listing as favourite and then use the favourite as item for your wanted menu item.

feerlessleadr

ok thanks - my only challenge with that is that it just takes (what seems like) so much longer to load the node when going through the plugin listing, rather than through the native DB (I think I'm using the correct terminology). 

I'll see if I can dig up the skinshortcuts thread on the kodi forums and report the bug.

Thanks 

::  EDIT:: Just found the thread on the kodi forum, as well as your post asking if akinshortcuts was abandoned  :unsure:

Oh well, I'll post anyway, just in case. 

Edited by feerlessleadr

sualfred

@@feerlessleadr

Tested it again without using the listing node of the plugin (which is basically the same xml) and it works as it should, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHgcHHObI4Y

You can also try to reinstall the one of the script from the official repo. The one which is hosted in Marcel's repo is buggy in some cases.

Edited by sualfred

feerlessleadr

@@sualfred

Thanks for the video. for some reason, I don't have the same options as you do when you select a shortcut. It seems that you have an option to select "Movies > [folder]" under Video Library -> Library (the one with the emby logo). That let's you select the 'Movies' subfolder, so that your shortcut goes directly to the movies. 

In my install, the only 'folder' option I have with an emby logo next to it is 'Emby > [folder]" (which causes the problem I mentioned in my original post). I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Tested it again without using the listing node of the plugin", so please let me know if you did something different/changed an addon to get the "Movies > [folder]" to show up.

Also, after thinking about it for a bit, I'm not sure I 100% know which addon I should be reinstalling (although I don't have Marcel's repo installed to begin with). I obviously have your repo installed, along with the emby beta repo.

::EDIT: Fred - you can ignore this message. It seems that something was messed up with my kodi install. I deleted the .kodi profile folder on my Shield and started fresh, and now everything is working as it should. Thanks for the great skin!

Edited by feerlessleadr

As mentioned a few times in this thread, nope. Not possible.

If you have a mouse available, you mostly are sitting in the front of a PC and also have access to the Emby web gui. Use this one instead.

I have knee issues which means I'm bound to the couch, so not possible. Emby web gui is unreliable for direct streaming and impossible for Live TV. But thanks for your reply.

sualfred

I'm sorry to hear that, but I have no options to make it happen. Why don't you try Emby Theater instead? It's nearly 1:1 the same GUI and has everything integrated. Also mouse support.

feerlessleadr

@saulfred One more question/request relating to custom homescreen shortcuts and the associated thumbnails. I have a shortcut on the homescreen for NHL.tv, and unlike the other thumbnails for Movies, TV, Addons, etc., the thumbnail takes up the entire rectangle/space w/ no mirror effect. 

Is there anyway to have all homescreen shortcuts have the mirror effect that the other default shortcuts seem to have? This way everything is uniform (to satisfy my pseudo OCD) on the homescreen. See below for a picture of what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/kXysdzy

Question... Decided to give EmbyCon a whirl on another device, seems to work just fine but there's missing artwork on the home screen for genre and the titles above (movies, tv, etc) - they're just blank boxes. I tried the usual update media library with no luck. What am I missing? I don't have debug logging enabled but the log itself isn't giving any hints. If I go into the items with no images, they all display as expected - it's just on the home screen. Even tried cleaning media library.

Hello,

I have always had the same problem of blank / transparent  tiles in the Home Screen , for every libraries i created  (in fact, except for automatic "all videos" & "all TV shows" & "Collections" & "MusicVideos"  that are working).

I'm using KODI 17.6 on LibreELEC 8.2.3.1-C2 for Odroid C2.

If you have an idea ?  Thanks a lot  ;-)

Best regards,