[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

ms78mama

I am using the Embuary skin on a powerful quad core 2 GB DDR4 Android box but loading is slow, is there any way to speed up the skin a bit?

I am connected to the server using EmbyCon 

horstepipe

any chance to remove those black borders when using coverart? (see attachment)

Titan skin got an option for that, maybe you can adopt it?

sualfred

Nope. That would require a bigger rework and I have no option to check if the artwork contains such covers or not.

tchirou

Hello @@sualfred

I discovered only today your skin and decided to give it a shot on a amazon fire stick dedicated to the bedroom with kodi 17.6 and embycon.

It looks really great, thanks for all the hard work. I am going to tinker with it before deciding to do the same on the living room shield tv.

One thing though : I want to remove all movies, all tv shows, pvr and addons from the first row. I think I need to edit the menu from the home page. But when I click on edit, kodi freezes. It works if I click on change the thumbnails and edit the widget config though.

The log is here : https://pastebin.com/YkMtjskh

Also, i don’t know if the behavior is expected but while embycon is loading, the cursor is on addons and when embycon is loaded, it stays on addons. I would expect for it to go up left on the first widget card, all movies in that case. That is also why I would like to remove these four cards so the first one is my first emby node.

Thanks a lot again

sualfred

Android Kodi instability ^^. I'm currenty reworking the complete home menu and hub menu configuration method. It will take a couple of days, This problem should be gone when I'm done.

And there is a delay, because of the automatic detection. The nodes are visible once the connection is established. This takes some seconds and the focus is out of my control in that case.

horstepipe

Nope. That would require a bigger rework and I have no option to check if the artwork contains such covers or not.

Okay.

But just to be clear: In Titan you have an option in the skin settings called ‘enable cover art compatibility mode’.

So there’s no need to check if the artwork contains such covers or not :-)

tchirou

I installed it on my shield tv and it is awesome. With the horsepower of the shield, emby for kodi, emby server on a ds418play and Ethernet, it is lightning quick and beautiful. My wife demanded to use the material color [emoji16]

You sir are a genius.

How can I pay you a beer ?

sualfred

Breaking change

The upcoming version will kill all your existing main menu and hub menu configurations, because I changed the way how the skin handles them.

Major improvements:

• Completely changed the implementation to edit and customize the main menu, movies/tvshows/music hub menus. 
  • The menu items of those windows aren't limited anymore.
  • Reworked skin settings dialog + popups to be much more user friendly. 
I also hope that this will increase the stability and performance in some cases.

If someone will give it a try before it hits the repos, please feel free to manually install it from the GitHub repo. Issue reports and feedback is welcome. 

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/tree/shortcuts (Krypton)

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/tree/shortcuts-leia (Leia)

Edited by sualfred

tchirou

Hi

On estuary and other skins, when searching for subtitles, we have a “sync” logo just before the ones which are a perfect match. I noticed embuary does not have this logo.

Do you think this is something you could plan to do ?

Thanks a lot

sualfred

Will take a look into it. I only use forced SRT subtitles and don't download any so the subtitle stuff is a little bit "blind coded".

• Like 1

tchirou

Terrific

Will it auto update or Do I need to download the zip again ?

Will it be merged with the regular branch, do I need to switch something ?

Thanks a lot !

sualfred

Download it again.

It will auto update as soon as I push it to the repos. I'm just waiting for some more feedback to be sure everything is working. It's sunday and I guess a lot of fathers will have a bad time if I messed something up (screaming wifes and childrens ^^)

Grumpy1

looks awesome but i cant see how to add custom widgets to the menu, is it done a different way?

When i go to -edit widget configuration>select content    i cant see any of the custom widgets

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
evensteven

Hi sualfred,

I switched to the Leia version and noticed one thing.

Skin version info in the system info screen is broken because in code you‘re still using skin.embuary and not skin.embuary-leia to grab the value.

Regards and keep up the good work