[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

flatline69

I've seen this once in a while - usually scrolling around redraws the tile and it'll stick from there. Using CoreELEC here (KODI 18)

Hello,

I have always had the same problem of blank / transparent  tiles in the Home Screen , for every libraries i created  (in fact, except for automatic "all videos" & "all TV shows" & "Collections" & "MusicVideos"  that are working).

I'm using KODI 17.6 on LibreELEC 8.2.3.1-C2 for Odroid C2.

If you have an idea ?  Thanks a lot  ;-)

Best regards,

What kind of libraries?have blank tiles

All libraries i manually created have blank tiles  (TV Shows, Movies, Mixed Content)

I've seen this once in a while - usually scrolling around redraws the tile and it'll stick from there. Using CoreELEC here (KODI 18)

Nothing changed for me unfortunately  :-\

sualfred

The Emby addon is responsible to provide the thumbnails for the servers.
@@Angelblue05 and I are currently optimizing the auto node detection and once the changes are implemented in the next beta version I'll upload a new Embuary package.

I'll leave here a note that it's required to reset the main menu configuration to default when I'm done and implemented the required changes.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

@@tealc59

You don't have Kodi 18 Leia 32 Bit (Windows) installed, haven't you? Because there is a buggy zlib.dll included. The issue has been fixed for the x64 version, but the Kodi dev's missed the one for x86. 

Just in case, here are working ones:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj8g8aA7CEOwgpZRimmVT8MTqU7Ctw

The Emby addon is responsible to provide the thumbnails for the servers.

Angelblue05 and I are currently optimizing the auto node detection and once the changes are implemented in the next beta version I'll upload a new Embuary package.

I'll leave here a note that it's required to reset the main menu configuration to default when I'm done and implemented the required changes.

Thanks for your hard work  :-D

@tealc59

You don't have Kodi 18 Leia 32 Bit (Windows) installed, haven't you? Because there is a buggy zlib.dll included. The issue has been fixed for the x64 version, but the Kodi dev's missed the one for x86. 

Just in case, here are working ones:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj8g8aA7CEOwgpZRimmVT8MTqU7Ctw

No i don't have KODI 18 on Windows   (LibreELEC 8.2.3.1-C2 with KODI 17.6)

sualfred

Changed Emby node detection for the main menu

In some cases it's required to perform a reset of the main menu with the skin and Emby for Kodi addon update of today (3.1.14a+).

Homevideos & photos, camera uploads will be recognized again. Plus audio books are also listed automatically now.

Edited by Angelblue05

feerlessleadr

@saulfred One more question/request relating to custom homescreen shortcuts and the associated thumbnails. I have a shortcut on the homescreen for NHL.tv, and unlike the other thumbnails for Movies, TV, Addons, etc., the thumbnail takes up the entire rectangle/space w/ no mirror effect. 

Is there anyway to have all homescreen shortcuts have the mirror effect that the other default shortcuts seem to have? This way everything is uniform (to satisfy my pseudo OCD) on the homescreen. See below for a picture of what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/kXysdzy

Fred - I'm not sure if you saw this post/question or not, but just wanted to see if it is possible to have custom shortcuts use the same format (ie the mirrored format) as the rest of the tiles on the homescreen.

Thanks

sualfred

That only works if the path of the node contains items with icon artworks. But I see the problem. The Skinshortcuts script does not provide an option to remove the thumbnail which is automatically set. I'll think about a solution.

feerlessleadr

That only works if the path of the node contains items with icon artworks. But I see the problem. The Skinshortcuts script does not provide an option to remove the thumbnail which is automatically set. I'll think about a solution.

Thanks so much

sualfred

Option added and will be included in the next version. But be aware that this won't work in some cases. Just take a look at the screenshot and the NHL TV shortcut. The next one is a sub node of the addon, which does work.

Commit:

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/commit/442e009678cf07a9dcf0d325cd867ad3299095b6

screenshot193.png screenshot195.png

Edit:

I can create a Photoshop template for such cases. So it's easy to create a fake thumb on your own if you are familar with that software.

Edited by sualfred

feerlessleadr

Thanks Fred, this is great. I see that there was an update for embuary pushed out today to version 18.3.1. I just want to confirm if that version includes your change, or if it will be the next. Additionally, I'm assuming I'll either need to delete and re-add the NHL.tv node, or reset the main menu all together?

If you could share a template, that would be great too, since I could insert my own image as well.

Thanks!

Getting Installation failed message when trying to install update

Skin is running but isn't showing in installed addons

edit:

Delete it from addons folder and it installed again ok

Edited by Glyde62

Getting Installation failed message when trying to install update

Skin is running but isn't showing in installed addons

edit:

Delete it from addons folder and it installed again ok

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16937

The problem can only be eliminated by going over the standard skin and initiating the update. Before that leads to success, I delete the already loaded package in the following path:. "..\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages" delete.

I also delete the Temp folder contents: "..\Roaming\Kodi\addons\temp".

Furthermore, I always delete the cache from the following path: "..\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache“

Very big please to all who have this problem:

Please describe the problem briefly and upload this including the corresponding log. only then pronounce the topic soon! Unfortunately, I fight the bug for a long time.

Thanks and best regards

Seger

sualfred

@feerlessleadr

Here is a Photoshop template. 

All that is required is to double click on all layers that are named "edit this image", paste your picture in the new window and adjust it to your wanted cropping/scaling, and save it. Once you have it done for all for layers you can simply save/export the project as .jpg and use it as thumbnail in the skin.

Example output:

emby_styled_thumbnail_template.jpg

Template is attached.

emby-styled-thumbnail-template.psd

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

flatline69

Running Embuary 18.3.1 with Emby Kodi Addon 3.1.15a and noticed everything reset itself to stock (almost) in the last couple of days. I finally got around to re-adding my Emby-specific libraries into the Main Menu Hub as follows:

Addon > Video Addon > Emby > Section (ie; Kids, Adults, etc)

Which creates the tile on the main screen as expected. However going into it, it's super-slow with a spinner and then finally displays content. I checked the Emby addon and the option to cache all artwork is no longer there but there is an option for caching artwork in the settings.

I'm not sure if it's due to downloading all the artwork (not cached?) or it's something I've missed previously in the thread but it's practically unusable using this method as I have over 800 titles in some of these sections and it takes upwards of 3-4min to load & display.

Is there a better way to do this? I don't want to use Favorites as I want to display all content under each Emby Library as I have it in Emby (Kids, Adults, etc) as I used to. Previously, I'm pretty sure I added it the same way and it would come up right away but I also had the ability to forcibly cache all artwork.

Not sure what the root cause is yet (haven't checked logs) but figured I'd ask first and see if I'm missing some new/preferred way to do this.

sualfred

Such nodes are automatically detected and you don't have to add them by yourself. 

Because of this and of your mentioned loadings times makes me think that you haven't synced your content and just use the new plugin mode. In the sync process you also are going to be asked if you want to enable artwork caching.

Edited by sualfred

feerlessleadr

Flatline, I'm on mobile, so it's challenging to do a write up, but follow Fred's stepa in the video he linked in the below post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-beta-embuary-the-emby-kodi-skin/page-28&do=findComment&comment=618084

That links to the local database, not the plug-in, and going into each node is lightning quick. I have the same setup with lots of movies and TV shows (adul4, kids, etc.), And it works great.

flatline69

Such nodes are automatically detected and you don't have to add them by yourself. 

Because of this and of your mentioned loadings times makes me think that you haven't synced your content and just use the new plugin mode. In the sync process you also are going to be asked if you want to enable artwork caching.

Flatline, I'm on mobile, so it's challenging to do a write up, but follow Fred's stepa in the video he linked in the below post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-beta-embuary-the-emby-kodi-skin/page-28&do=findComment&comment=618084

That links to the local database, not the plug-in, and going into each node is lightning quick. I have the same setup with lots of movies and TV shows (adul4, kids, etc.), And it works great.

In retrospect, I think I did actually link to the XML as I remember it being really tough to remote my way through the filenames (fortunately, USB keyboard to the rescue) - I figured I was doing something wrong. Should I just reset to default skin-wise and just set it up again to be sure I get the expected results globally?

flatline69

Have you reset the main menu like I mentioned a few post earlier? If not, try this at first.

I did see that post but it appeared to reset all by itself (I lost all my custom nodes in the main menu) but I'll give it a whirl just so I'm sure I'm starting clean. Much appreciated, both of ya.

feerlessleadr

If that doesn't work (it didn't for me originally, since there was something worked on my Kodi install), try starting from scratch with your Kodi profile. That fixed everything up for me.