[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

I think you need to install the beta emby repo and update with the beta emby addon

This is what I had to do 2 hours ago after resetting the main menu config like Fred suggested we do

flatline69

I am using the beta repo :)

I figured it out - I checked another box of mine which wasn't updated and I was linking (via custom item) to the following (for example):

Userdata\library\video\emby\384bb658bdd82344138c376d0e4945c0\all.xml

In this case, this XML is the Kids Movies. Once I linked that, poof! Just like it was.

sualfred

@@flatline69

The example with Kids Movies:

-> It's configured as movie item in Emby?

-> Is it synced or added as plugin node to Kodi with Emby for Kodi?

-> Do you performed a clean re-scan of the library and main menu reset?

Because all synced movie and tvshow nodes, and audio books + homevideos & photos should be recognized automatically.

Please also add the attached xml to your skin embuary skin folder in the sub directory "xml" and reload the skin. You will see a text based overlay and I ask you to create a screenshot of it. After that you can delete the xml file again and reload the skin to get rid of the overlay.

Custom_test.xml

flatline69

@@flatline69

The example with Kids Movies:

-> It's configured as movie item in Emby?

-> Is it synced or added as plugin node to Kodi with Emby for Kodi?

-> Do you performed a clean re-scan of the library and main menu reset?

Because all synced movie and tvshow nodes, and audio books + homevideos & photos should be recognized automatically.

Please also add the attached xml to your skin embuary skin folder in the sub directory "xml" and reload the skin. You will see a text based overlay and I ask you to create a screenshot of it. After that you can delete the xml file again and reload the skin to get rid of the overlay.

Hi Fred,

They are libraries within Emby, using the Kids Movies example:

5b9dad56769b3_Capture_Emby.png

Is it synched? If you mean does the content show up under All Movies, then yes. All Movies/TV/Books/Music contains all the content from my Emby installation.

All I've done so far is done a main menu reset, I haven't done a full Kodi DB reset yet. I will apply the custom.xml after I do a complete Kodi DB reset. I didn't see an option within the skin itself to reset everything back to default though so I'm not sure how to start clean there short of having CoreELEC reset which I'd rather not.

Angelblue05

To reset the shortcuts to default, edit the menu, and instead of applying changes at the bottom, select reset to default values.

flatline69

To reset the shortcuts to default, edit the menu, and instead of applying changes at the bottom, select reset to default values.

Yup, I did that in the skin and I definitely see the default. I see All Movies, TV Shows, Books, Music (and Live TV, etc) but my Emby libraries themselves do not show up and never have; I've always had to add them into a skin interface manually by pointing to the XML files (ActivateWindow,....,return) to do that.

EDIT: I should also note that with Emby for Kodi I now see a new dialog: "Applied a patch!" then "Welcome to Emby"; and I am using the beta. I've never seen my Emby libraries show up on their own without me adding them myself. They do with EmbyCon but I dislike the network delays, even on LAN.

Edited by flatline69

Angelblue05

Yes for the patch. It's because the Kodi database stuff is now split per version so when you restart Kodi, if theres an update, it will apply it.

Are your libraries synced?

Launch emby for kodi > add libraries, what do you see?

That doesn't sound right, I've redone the views with 3.1x, you should not need to do anything manually.

Edited by Angelblue05

flatline69

Yes for the patch. It's because the Kodi database stuff is now split per version so when you restart Kodi, if theres an update, it will apply it.

Are your libraries synced?

Launch emby for kodi > add libraries, what do you see?

That doesn't sound right, I've redone the views with 3.1x, you should not need to do anything manually.

I did a full Kodi DB reset, allowed it to reset Emby config (all defaults, didn't alter any choices.) I signed back in with my user account and this time it asked me which Emby views to sync which now shows all my Emby libraries. It's now doing the sync. This is definitely new as previously it never asked me to do this. Keep in mind I've been using Emby for Kodi for a long time; I did read in the other thread you now account for newer versions of Leia automagically (I didn't need to modify any python for DB version, for example) so perhaps it was stale data as the addon updated from previous versions (as did the skin) and nothing really changed other than the main menu losing my custom choices.

I'm watching the full sync right now. Will report back.

• Like 1

sualfred

As I thought. This are the reasons why you think it was slower than before and the automatic menu stuff wasn't working.

flatline69

As I thought. This are the reasons why you think it was slower than before and the automatic menu stuff wasn't working.

Definitely worked. Only downside I've seen so far is that TV seasons no longer have their unique poster art, they all use the main season poster art. Not sure why, even Emby shows the unique poster art per season.

sualfred

You are right.

@@Angelblue05

Another one which has to bite the dust :) -> Season artworks are not going to be synced and the tvshow main poster is used

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

The first item which will be visible is going to be focused. I have no control of this. That's why I suggest to keep "all tvshows" or "all movies" visible as first item. This ones are instantly visible without any delay.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Check for updates under addon settings > advanced, then update (or repair tv show) libraries.

You are right.

@@Angelblue05

Another one which has to bite the dust :) -> Season artworks are not going to be synced and the tvshow main poster is used

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

FYI I removed the compiled textures.xbt for the textures. Skin auto updates will work again on Leia Windows builds once you manually installed the update of today. 

• Like 1

flatline69

Check for updates under addon settings > advanced, then update (or repair tv show) libraries.

Trying Update All Libraries (I think here I may have made a mistake? I chose All, Movies,TV, Music, etc the addon first asked me which views to sync; doesn't show any duplicates or anything but maybe something of value/to note) - watching it plow through right now. Will report back.

Running on CoreELEC (official): 8.95.2 (9.0), kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29 aarch64
plugin.video.emby v3.1.17a installed
skin.embuary-leia v18.3.1 installed

Missed the part about the update - there was an addon update, currently running through library repair. For some reason Embuary fails to update though but haven't dealt with it yet. Logs don't give up too much other than perhaps an incomplete download? (showed 100% in the UI)

06:59:56.165 T:3058627440   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.embuary-leia-18.3.2a.zip/
06:59:56.166 T:3058627440   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.embuary-leia]: invalid package special://home/addons/packages/skin.embuary-leia-18.3.2a.zip
Seeing some Emby logging too but will wait until everything is done and report back.
Edited by flatline69

flatline69

OK so the TV season poster issue is resolved, thanks @@Angelblue05

Now working out the skin update.

FIXED: Once I added Fred's repo, I was able to update. I did a dependency check and noticed a couple of missing items. Seems I was downloading it from the Emby Beta repo before and it was failing on missing dependencies. Once I updated from Fred's repo (after installing it) it magically installed.

Edited by flatline69
  • Like 1

xnappo

Granted I installed from Git(Trunk of Krypton) as I was having the same issue as above re: Emby repo - but I am seeing some widget misnaming in the 'Recently Updated TV' ('Use and Emby Styled Artwork if possible' showing in title):

5b9fa968e3b6f_20180916_212118.jpg

sualfred

Can you guys please provide me a log so I can see which dependencies are missing? 

@@xnappo

This is already fixed on GitHub. Will push a new version later this day. 

Edit: 

Not fully ^^ The latest commit isn't on the repo yet.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

flatline69

Can you guys please provide me a log so I can see which dependencies are missing? 

@@xnappo

This is already fixed on GitHub. Will push a new version later this day. 

Edit: 

Not fully ^^ The latest commit isn't on the repo yet.

Fred: I didn't see a log of missing deps - I went to your github and opened addon.xml and then checked my box to see which were installed and which weren't. I noticed there were three missing from my installation (checking which addons I had installed) which gave me the idea of installing your repo (which I should have done in the first place I guess.)

<import addon="plugin.get.cast" version="0.0.6"/>

<import addon="script.skin.helper.backgrounds" version="1.0.32"/>

Can't remember which was the 3rd one.

Edited by flatline69

I wanted to ask if is possible to add the option to Hide Watched videos?

I would like this also, Finding folders for shows where all episodes have been watched still show up

Don't want to delete the folder as new seasons are still being made

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

sualfred

Use the Kodi internal filter function.

Edit:
And for widgets simply create your own smart playlist and use it as custom widget.

Edited by sualfred

Hello,

A few days ago 2 menu tiles stopped working the my Emby main menu  (since one of the last update i suppose ?).

All was working fine before.

> I have one Emby server Library named in French "Documentaires", of type "Mixed Content" :

5ba254c08cb2a_emby_docs_20180918_220444.

Clicking on these doesn't do anything.

I never knew why it was split in 2 tiles  ("Documentaires - movies" + "Documentaires - tvshows")  but i could access them.  Now it's only named "Documentaires" twice and no access.

If i go to "Videos" in the left menu i can see all Emby libraries, and they are working  ("Documentaires" too) :

5ba255c34f32c_emby_docs_20180918_220706.

I already did 2 Emby "reset database", and  "reset menu to default", no change.  Last updates too.

On a side note, you can also see that all my tiles are green, except "Collections" (from a question in an older post).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

xnappo

Just dropping you a congrats.  This skin is absolutely great - and the EmbyCon integration is awesome.

My family has been using Aeon Nox for 10+ years, and I have now switched them over :)

xnappo

• Like 2