[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

julianb

This looks excellent! Good job! Does it support Cinema Vision? (Cinema Mode button) ?

horstepipe

Is there a way to set custom menu icons for the Kodi nodes "all movies" and "all tv shows" serverside?

I can do it for Emby media libraries like "movies" or "4k movies" but not for the Kodi default node "all movies". This one still populates this 4 mini icons. Hope it's clear what I mean :-)

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

Yep, just look at the skin settings. You can select own images for the menu items.

horstepipe

yeah I know, thanks :-)

I was looking for a way to do it serverside. In Emby server library settings I can setup images for my Emby libraries which are being used by Embuary, too.

But okay, now as I think about it, I guess the problem would be how the skin should decide which of my multiple emby movie library's image should be used for the "all movies" node.

Maybe a solution would be to add an option in the skin to assign the image from one specific movie library to the "all movies" node?

My aim is to not have to copy .jpgs on my devices

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

The server has no "all movies/tv shows" node. That's the internal Kodi library. No way to handle it on the server.

horstepipe

But okay, now as I think about it, I guess the problem would be how the skin should decide which of my multiple emby movie library's image should be used for the "all movies" node.

Maybe a solution would be to add an option in the skin to assign the image from one specific movie library to the "all movies" node?

The server has no "all movies/tv shows" node. That's the internal Kodi library. No way to handle it on the server.

Yeah as I said I just recognized this problem too, that's why I made this suggestion.

In other words: Tell the skin to use the image of Emby movie library x for the Kodi node "all movies".

Guess it feels like a very niche and worthless request, but in my opinion not having to copy files manually on a device is always a good approach.

My desire for this feature is caused by the fact, that it still looks quite dirty when those 4 mini posters are being recreated for the "all movies" node. Unfortunately this happens almost everytime after one have finished watching something. Explaining my friends and family how to copy those jpgs manually on their devices and setting them up in Embuary is... let's say stressfull :-)

sualfred

Workaround for your case:

-> Upload your desired thumb on a webserver.

-> Go to the settings.xml of your skin. It can be found in  "userdata\addon_data\skin.embuary"

-> Edit/add these lines with the full http/https path

<setting id="movies.icon" type="string">http://www.myserver.com/mythumbjpg</setting>
<setting id="shows.icon" type="string">http://www.myserver.com/mythumbjpg</setting>

Should work.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

hstamas

Mostly Android. The best Kodi performance is still on Windows. Even LibreElec is slower and I was facing micro stutteirng on the same used device (Nuc i3 Skylake). I switched back to Win10.

Edit:

The upcoming Kodi 18 Leia has a new GUI rendering method. Maybe this will work better for you.

So. I actually went out and bought myself a little Intel NUC as I needed a small PC for other applications and thought I would put Kodi on there and try out Embuary to see the performance gains using a full blown Windows machine.

Can you believe it, the performance is actually worse than it was on my Shield?? Very jerky/choppy navigating the GUI. Video playback is perfectly fine though. 

The really weird thing is, if I have video playing in the background and then start navigating the GUI, its buttery smooth. As soon as I stop playback and start moving around, the jerky/choppy artifacts come back.

Its not the highest end system but i thought its more than enough to handle Kodi with any skin. Maybe Im wrong?

Gemini Lake Pentium Silver quad core with 8 gigs of ram. Im using the latest nightly of Leia v18 but I suspect it will do the same thing in 17 since it did on my Shield.

Edited by hstamas

sualfred

Sounds like you are running on 24hz (or less similar). Check your default refresh rate and set it to 50hz or 60hz.

hstamas

Sounds like you are running on 24hz (or less similar). Check your default refresh rate and set it to 50hz or 60hz.

Leia has this new "Whitelist" for choosing refresh rates which I am a bit unfamiliar with but I selected just 59.94hz as that is what my TV reports its using (in Windows). Ive also tried 60z as well. Same effect.  It would kind of make sense that things are smooth when a video is playing as it must be forcing the entire interface to 59.94hz. Is there a section Im not looking at that specifically controls the GUI refresh rate?

sualfred

If you are running Windows -> Check the refresh rate settings of the monitor driver.

Otherwise test Krypton. Leia is still buggy.

hstamas

@@sualfred I’m doing a little keymap editing to get my remote/keyboard working with your skin and I have a question for you.

I can get my home button mapped to bring me back the the main home screen when I’m anywhere in the skin except for when I’m in the sections that your skin generates for the media entries that are at the top of the screen. I’m talking about “All TV shows”, “All movies”. “Live TV” etc.

Do these windows have a special ID that I can use to edit the keyboard.xml file so I can get back to the home screen when I’m in those sections with a single keyboard/button press?

I know just enough to be dangerous!

Thanks for any insight.

sualfred

Sure, example:

<keymap>
	<global>
		<keyboard>
                        <F8>Dialog.Close(all,true)</F8>
			<F8>ActivateWindow(home)</F8>
		</keyboard>
	</global>
</keymap>

hstamas

Sure, example:

<keymap>	<global>		<keyboard>			            <F8>Dialog.Close(all,true)</F8>			<F8>ActivateWindow(home)</F8>		</keyboard>	</global></keymap>
Oh boy, that’s so much simpler than the hack job I was doing to both the system keyboard.xml and the user keymap.xml Thanks!

Here’s on other while I have you.

If I’m on the home screen and scroll all the way to the right in a list of videos, I like to get back to the first video that’s all the way to the left with a button click. The keyboard home button I believe is the default mapping. I had this working before but in implementing your mapping above it’s gone now. Any simple way to get it so if I’m on the home screen and scroll to the right to be able to hit the home button and have it jump back to the first video in the list on the left?

Edit: Figured it out on my own! Added a <FirstPage> line to the <Home> section of my keymap file for that button and it works great. I was worried it would override your fixes but the seem to all still work!

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

Any chance of adding a option to adjust the amount of time the OSD stays up on screen after you perform a seek forward or back? We watch a lot of subtitled anime here and the thumbnail and status bar stays on screen way to long by default making us miss out on being able to read dialog.

If you don’t want to add this to the skin proper could you tell me where in a xml file I might be able to edit this on my own?

Thanks!

sualfred

Was asked a few posts before. Not possible because I use the internal fixed DisplayAfterSeek integer value.

Edited by sualfred

hstamas

Was asked a few posts before. Not possible because I use the internal fixed DisplayAfterSeek integer value.

Gotcha. Any way to remove it all together when seeking?

sualfred

Only by manually changing code lines, which are always going to be replaced on a skin update.

Wow this is the skin I was looking for. I just started using the Android TV app of Emby which I like as well. I would say live TV works a little better inside of Kodi but its missing the categories in the On Now section. You now how the official apps have like (Sports, news, movies,ect.. under the On Now section)...is that something that can be added to this Kodi theme?

hstamas

When in the TV Shows library node, if you have all the seasons flattened, there is no indicator as to what season you looking at for a particular episode. Could you add the season number to the description

jachin99

Are there any known cases of video backdrops working with this skin?  I have installed TV melodies because i came across references that it might work but I haven't been successful at getting them to play.  Would I need emby for kodi installed, or would importing movie folders with theme.mp4 files be enough?  Thanks.