[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

@@pferd

Please post a debug log.

From have you tried installing the skin? All dependencies are hosted in my and the Emby repo. 

sualfred

For those who just want a orange, because they are not the bluish kind of people:

The upcoming included theme "Blex" 

9Znc7JAh.png

• Like 1

im85288

I noticed the old 'Plex' and 'Material' themes were removed (no worries) and I guess being replaced by the 'Blex' above. Anyway I added back Material to my own fork and sent you a PR if you want to include it.

0L9SDSm.jpg?1

Cheers

sualfred

@@im85288

Yes, I had to remove them because it was a bigger change to implement the Blue Radiance theme.

Haven't looked into your PR yet, but your material one is basically the same like the blue one just with the pink color?

im85288

@@im85288

Yes, I had to remove them because it was a bigger change to implement the Blue Radiance theme.

Haven't looked into your PR yet, but your material one is basically the same like the blue one just with the pink color?

Yeah I noticed the themes now have custom textures, indeed the Material one is Blue Radiance with pink in place of green as the accent colour. It matches close enough the indigo/pink material design theme: https://getmdl.io/customize/ which seems to be one of the more popular ones for front end UI's. Brown/Green is also a nice combination. 

sualfred

I'll add it in the next version. Maybe I'll also modifiy it little bit more to get a bigger difference to Blue Radiance. Slightly different gradient/auora effect for the background and header for example.

• Like 1

im85288

Perfect thanks, I do like the colour contrast of the indigo/pink theme a lot as it's very easy on the eye :)

horstepipe

Quick question... using embuary and love it, thanks... when i have an item with multiple versions I.E. hevc/ateme, the slection box will come up and give me the choices, how do i make that box go away after selecting? Once i do the video will start but the box stays.. if i hit cancel it stops the video. ?? Thanks

just realized that this only happens when you select "show information" as default selection action, so just keep it disabled as Sualfred suggested. (This also happens on Estuary)

aahmyu

Hello, I started using this skin and its really nice. I have a small issue though. Whenever i resume a paused video another osd shows and stays for 2-3 seconds and its annoying when you have subtitles. Is it possible to remove it after "pause" and only show it when i click "info" ?

sualfred

Nope, because Kodi returns true for "Player.DisplayAfterSeek" on pause. I have to respect this 2.5s delay for showing the seeking values.

aahmyu

Nope, because Kodi returns true for "Player.DisplayAfterSeek" on pause. I have to respect this 2.5s delay for showing the seeking values.

You think its possible to make kodi return `false`? maybe a setting somewhere?

Davide

Skin practically perfect, but I have a "problem"...

"Next up" in Emby shows the upcoming episodes to be seen:

H49HSWZ.pngbut in Embuary it shows the series in progress and the number of missing episodes, not the upcoming episodes to be seen:

RYF5FBs.png

is it possible to have on Embuary a "Next Up" widget identical to that of Emby?

horstepipe

the information "i" osd button seems to be broken, nothing shows up by pressing it. Hitting "i" on keyboard still works.

Best regards

sualfred

@@Davide

I don't want to use an addon for it because of speed penalties. But you can create your own widget and select the nodes of the Emby for Kodi addon for it. I just don't use it to keep compatiblity for non Emby users.

@@horstepipe

Will be fixed. Thanks.

• Like 1

horstepipe

I can imagine that it's not only me showing this behavior:

the "go on watching/weiterschauen" widget grows and grows and very often you want to mark something from that list as watched or unwatched, but the context menu only allows you to mark it as unwatched or watched, hope you understand :-)

Case 1:

You begin an unwatched movie, stop it because you don't like it or whatever and you don't plan to go on watching it in the near future so you don't want to have it in the list anymore. You don't want to mark it as watched (because you haven't watched it), but rather as unwatched what is not possible via context menu. So you need to mark it as watched first in the widget -> it disappears from the widget -> you need to go into the movie list and mark it there as unwatched.

Case 2:

You begin a movie which was marked as watched before, stop it in the middle for whatever reason and don't plan to go on watching it in the next future. You want to keep it marked as watched (because you already watched it some day), but the context menu only allows you to mark it as unwatched, so you need to go the long way again.

So on condition that you/the skin is able to manipulate these context menu entries, it would be nice to always see both options (mark as watched and mark as unwatched) in this specific widget.

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

A skin can never manipulate the context menu items. And the options where I can toggle the watched state is also very very limited.

sualfred

@@Angelblue05 @

Maybe this is something what could fit to the Emby context submenu very well -> Resetting the resume timestamp to 0, but keeping the watched/unwatched state.

@@Luke

This also a somthing that is missing in the web gui. I always have to toggle the watched state twice to remove the progress information and keeping the watched state.

Edited by sualfred

hstamas

Can anyone explain how the custom shortcuts setup in the various hubs works?

Ive set up a custom shortcut to a smart playlist I have made but I don't see it appearing anywhere nor any option to add it in?

Im sure I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks

hstamas

If I try to move the home screen widget for "recently updated TV shows" up so its closer to the top of my home screen it no longer appears. Widget configuration says its there and active but when returning to the home screen it is not present. Restoring the defaults will bring it back.

Any ideas?

sualfred

@@hstamas

I have no problems with custom shortcuts. As soon as you create one it will appear in the all movie/tvshow/music hub.

I also have no problems with the widget. To which position do you want to set it? Maybe there is a typo in my code.

hstamas

@@hstamas

I have no problems with custom shortcuts. As soon as you create one it will appear in the all movie/tvshow/music hub.

I also have no problems with the widget. To which position do you want to set it? Maybe there is a typo in my code.

That might explain why I'm not seeing the custom shortucuts. In testing the skin I was limiting myself to only have Embycon nodes visible.

For the Recently Updated TV issue. As soon as I move to to any other position other than the default it disappears.

Let me reset everything to defaults and see if that makes a difference. 

I will report back.

Thanks for the quick reply!

sualfred

The Emby and EmbyCon hubs have no support for customizations, because of several limitations and the need for hardcoded paths.

And you are right. Something is messed up with the widget. I'm going to take a look into it. Thanks for the report.