[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

hoppel118

@@hoppel118 would you mind to check if it’s working for you?

Hi, please tell what I should test for you. So many posts... No time to read. ;)

Regards Hoppel

• Like 1

horstepipe

Hi, please tell what I should test for you. So many posts... No time to read. ;)

Regards Hoppel

hey

please open up the info dialogue for any movie, get to the actor list and press on any actor.

I'm facing an extendedinfo script error by doing it.

Edited by horstepipe

hoppel118

Hm, ok my favorite skin is GRiD, but I tried to install Embuary on my Apple TV 4K. I see the following message if I try to install the skin from kodinerds repo:

5b14632c6f89e_ScreenShot20180603at234904

Any Idea?

Regards Hoppel

hoppel118

Yes, I also see this error:

5b14686e080fb_ScreenShot20180604at001249

I don't use the extended info scripts. I like my system as clean as possible.

Regards Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118
  • Like 1

horstepipe

Thanks for confirming!

Yes, i‘d prefer not making use of it, too. But that’s Fred‘s decision :-)

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

sualfred

I'm not very familiar with this ATV stuff, but let me summary this Kodi version:

- It's a planned and "ongoing" (?) backport of McMC

- It's not officially supported by Kodi yet

- The last test build is from Feb 18 and it doesn't even get daily nightlies

- The only maintainer left the development because of private reasons

- It's highly experimental

Am I right?

It's always the wrong approach to add more and more workarounds on third party stuff to get things working on a buggy operation system. After a while this will lead into a house of cards. 

I'll think about a solution for the cast list als alternative but I won't touch the search system. ATV users have to switch to Globalsearch.

• Like 2

horstepipe

you are right, but anyway I'm very happy with it :-)

Thank you for looking into the cast list.

horstepipe

Hey sualfred,

I'm getting a little scared to ask, but I'm facing a problem with Global Search (on Windows/Krypton) :rolleyes:

As long as Estuary doesn't use another different search engine than global search it is skin related:

After trying to describe the problem in words, I think three pictures do it better than my bad English :-)

In Estuary it looks fine, in Embuary something seems to go wrong (guess because James Cameron is both, director and actor in Titanic)

sualfred

I'm not quite sure if I even added support for director output in Globalsearch. I'll have to check it if I find some more minutes.

In the meantime, please try the latest commits of my Krypton branch ( https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/tree/Krypton )

-> Added option to not use ExtendedInfo

-> Possible fix for the search process on ATV

Please report back if both of it is working for you.

• Like 1

horstepipe

I'm not quite sure if I even added support for director output in Globalsearch. I'll have to check it if I find some more minutes.

In the meantime, please try the latest commits of my Krypton branch ( https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/tree/Krypton )

-> Added option to not use ExtendedInfo

-> Possible fix for the search process on ATV

Thanks, I'll check it within the next 30 minutes.

If I remember right, embuary search doesn't support director output, either. So as the director isn't clickable in movie information dialogue, what is your suggested way to get a list of movies from one director?

sualfred

Since yesterday it's possible to manually search for a director in my Embuary search feature. But I 99% sure I just haven't supported it for Globalsearch yet. But that's another issue. Let's focus of the other ones.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Both works, thank you very much!!!!

sualfred

Another bug bites the dust. Thanks for the feedback, reporting and the beer :)

Edit:

Globalsearch is also fixed.  And will be used if ExtendedInfo is deactivated and Globalsearch is set to the search result provider.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe
Globalsearch is also fixed.  And will be used if ExtendedInfo is deactivated and Globalsearch is set to the search result provider.

sweet, thank you. But I prefer Embuary search as I can get to the movie information screen through it.

horstepipe

I'm still having a little trouble with it. I just made a database reset to verify.

On a fresh synced Emby for Kodi database, I still see

Staffel 1

I have to go to "edit metadata" in Emby server and "save changes" (no changes made) to see

Staffel 1 (eng)

in Kodi

sualfred

@@Angelblue05

Your turn :) It seems that the label of a season is not going to be synced on the initial sync process.

Edited by sualfred

abescalamis

I know that Kodi 18 is not supported yet, but wanted to ask if you know a solution or have a tip.

I installed today nightly and all I can see now is configuration square.

I can still access the movies through the Addon.

I already reset the configuration on the skin settings, I also fixed the database, reset the nodes.

Any Ideas?

sualfred

The nightlies are broken atm. Something is messed up. Jump back to a older one.

ronfrankhill

I like this skin for Kodi 17.6 which is stress free and well organized. Plus I like how you keep it up to date. That is important out here with skins for Kodi community. Thanks. I am benefiting a lot with this skin. Kodi community the concern is audio and video play back.

ronfrankhill

Kodi community use api keys for Fanart, IMDB, TMDB and Trakt.tv. In order for it to work properly.

flatline69

So I've crawled this thread and I have to admit Embuary is my new default go-to skin. I have one issue (it's a me thing) though: my 8yro likes being able to use what people refer to as the "alphabet strip" or "a-z" to jump to specific titles (mostly 's' for his superman movies) and we have a metric boatload of movies and I prefer slide view as default. Is there such a strip in slide view? We came from Horizon to Embuary and I know the poster view has it but don't like the view (compared to slide.)

I tried searching every which way from Sunday that I could but can't seem to find the answer and it appears (to me) that the slide view doesn't have this option. It's kind of painful scrolling through 500 kids movies just to get to the letter S (no keyboard/mouse involved, prefer not to use one.)

Any help or maybe consider it as a feature request?