[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Be sure you have the latest Emby for Kodi beta installed.

I use embycon not emby for kodi, the folders was showing fine before the update. Where can I get the previous version?

sualfred

I haven't changed anything in the EmbyCon implementation. Can you post a screen and have you tried reseting the main menu configuartion?

I haven't changed anything in the EmbyCon implementation. Can you post a screen and have you tried reseting the main menu configuartion?

There used to be two folders with movies and TV shows, I did a clean install.

post-323873-0-42313000-1530376909_thumb.jpg

Edited by sngf

sualfred

You mean the "all movies/tv shows" nodes?

I've disabled them if no local Kodi database items are available. Any reason why you want it back?

You mean the "all movies/tv shows" nodes?

I've disabled them if no local Kodi database items are available. Any reason why you want it back?

Exactly, it's much more easy for me because everything is there (animes,TV shows old cartoons), etc. Any way to downgrade?

sualfred

I've pushing a minor update to the repos right now. It will enable it for EmbyCon only usage again. No need to manually adjust the files.

I've pushing a minor update to the repos right now. It will enable it for EmbyCon only usage again. No need to manually adjust the files.

Thanks, but already edited the files but I guess I can update again.

horstepipe

Hey

Would you mind to add a play button to the episode info dialog?

Would be handy for people who set the option to show information instead of playback.

sualfred

The button is already there. The option "show information" is buggy as hell with widgets and could cause issues. I highly suggest to disable this setting. 

horstepipe

Ok thanks, will just keep it disabled.

But the button does not show up when the option ‚show information‘ is enabled.

sualfred

As I said, buggy as hell. Someone implemented it years ago and noone ever touched it again. The visiblity of that button is controlled by the Kodi core.

Edit:

Feel free to create a ticket on https://trac.kodi.tv/

The buggy button has the id "8" and the window is DialogVideoInfo.xml (alias "movieinformation")

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

flatline69

Is it possible to edit the menus within each hub? For example, I have "Movies" and when I go into it, there's choices across the top:

All Movies, Unwatched Movies, Genres, Collections, Search (not necessarily in that order)

Can that menu be altered? I was playing with EmbyCon (but reverted back to Emby for Kodi--EmbyCon seems real touchy about network blips and breaks the skin, especially under Genres; I'll get titles but no posters) and was trying to figure out how edit that menu but couldn't. Emby for Kodi doesn't give the Genre multi-poster widget (which I really liked) but call it more of a curiosity now (for me.)

sualfred

Nope, because I only have limited options to filter the correct ones. Kodi isn't designed to have multi library nodes.

And Kodi doesn't have own genre images, that's why it looks differently.

• Like 1

flatline69

@@sualfred - is there a way for me to specify a default view? For example, I need to go into each movie section (watched, unwatched) and tv show (watched, unwatched) and select the Slide view. Can I edit XML somewhere and set this view that way or do I have to manually go in and do it for each one?

sualfred

Nope. But once you have it set it will be remembered.

• Like 1

sualfred

I'm currently thinking about adding the new blue radiance theme to Embuary.

The only problem I have is that this means I have to rework a lot of the code and maybe have to drop some theme functions.

What do you guys think?

4E29fZsh.png

cnS8UlRh.png

• Like 5

Angelblue05

I agree the theme looks very refreshing. For some reason, it also makes me thirsty?

What functions would you have to drop?

sualfred

I'm not quite sure yet. But the background transparency setting will be gone for sure. There is only a small value possible to keep the text readable, because there is no more vignette etc.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I never messed with that particular setting. If default is perfect then I would not worry too much about it or other settings. Just my 2 cents.

However I must admit, I do miss the vignettes just because the font is already small. Without it, I feel my better half would have difficulty reading the text :)

Maybe an optional vignette? >.>

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find the right solution.

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

Optional vigenette is no big deal. Maybe it's enough to darken the default background gradient a bit in the corners. Just fine tuning :)

Another option is to allow users to use their own auora styled background diffuse texture in the skin settings. 

• Like 1

sualfred

I guess I have to ask my wife for approval ;)

5eoVS4yh.png

avLF3x1h.png

• Like 2