[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

No idea. Do you have the repo or GitHub version installed? Because afaik the GitHub branch already included changes for Python 3.x, which is going to be the default in Kodi 19. Krypton and Leia are using Python 2.7.

horstepipe

Pretty sure I tried both, Kodi repo and Github, but I'll recheck it, thanks!

FYI getting actor infos works fine in Estuary on that device, the problem only shows up in Embuary.

sualfred

It works everywhere except on your side. All I do is to call the script. It's a local problem.

horstepipe

It works everywhere except on your side. All I do is to call the script. It's a local problem.

yes I don't deny that. I'd say it's more probably a TVOS problem in general.

But I'm confused why it works in Estuary but not in Embuary. Do they call the actor infos differently?

sualfred

Just checked it. Esutary use exactly the same command as I do. I have no idea why you have problems on the bitten apple.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Just checked it. Esutary use exactly the same command as I do.

That’s confusing, Embuary doesn’t need the extendedinfo script, so how can it use the same command when pressing on an actor?

sualfred

Embuary requires it and I use Extendedinfo for it.

<import addon="script.extendedinfo" version="5.6.0"/>

sualfred

Estuary also use it if you have it installed. It's called by pressing "up" in the cast list of the video info dialog.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Yes, Estuary uses it, but not for what I‘m talking about. I am able to press on an actor in a movie‘s info dialog to get a list of movies he participated without having extendedinfo script installed.

sualfred

Yes, but I don't have this implemented. It doesn't return anything useful about an actor and only lists movies of your library. 

horstepipe

Ah okay then we talked about different things all the time :-)

Pressing up on an actor in Estuary doesn’t work either.

I’d be absolutely fine with that library list, any chance to make it an optional setting for the bitten Apple users?

I’m getting a second Apple TV in the next days, I’ll set it up from scratch to make sure it’s definitively a OS related problem.

sualfred

I'm not a fan to making something to work on a single user/client side. That won't solve the issue. I have a lot of Apple users and noone has reported that issue to me.

Please report back if the other ATV is also facing it.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe

I'm having a second issue :-)

When I use the Embuary search instead of the global search, I'm getting an endless spinning circle and need to press the back button which also quits the search.

I attached a log where I searched for Arnold Schwarzenegger. When I search for a movie I can see the results in the background, but I can't do anything because of that spinning circle which doesn't disappear.

sualfred

Err... I don't see any "------ Window Init (DialogKeyboard.xml) ------" in your log.

Does Kodi on ATV use the native keyboard instead of the Kodi one?

Edit:

Please try to add this file to your Embuary installation and don't forget to reload the skin before you test it.

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/blob/4951b110f95830c4ea2103adb2791fa8b32ba575/xml/Custom_1117_SearchProperty.xml

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

Does Kodi on ATV use the native keyboard instead of the Kodi one?

it uses the native keyboard, yes.

Unfortunately the behavior didn't change with the xml.

sualfred

I hate this Apple crap (sorry). That means I have no option to check if the keyboard has been closed. Don't know if I'll find a working workaround for this...

If not you have to live with Globalsearch.

horstepipe

I saw that on github you changed two files for this issue, shall I try to adopt the other change, too?

horstepipe

That means I have no option to check if the keyboard has been closed.

what about lines 2009 and 2019 in my log?

22:08:41.611 T:6107508736   DEBUG: Thread keyboard start, auto delete: false

22:08:48.877 T:6107508736   DEBUG: Thread keyboard 6107508736 terminating
Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

The problem is that I cannot use "Window.IsVisible(virtualkeyboard)", because that is Kodi's internal one. And I require this boolean information to clear a property.

• Like 1

horstepipe

mhh okay, pity.

I asked Memphiz (he was the maintainer/developer of Kodi for TVOS, unfortunately he's retired now) in kodi forums. Maybe he'll come up with an idea some day.

horstepipe

how does globalsearch accomplish this by the way?

The native keyboard is being used there, too.

horstepipe

:-) okay

Sorry, but I need to come back to the other topic regarding actor info/extendedinfo script.

I just tried it on my Windows machine, it works fine, but:

- it's way more lazy than the "normal" database search Estuary performs

- it shows me movies I don't have and it's hard to tell which one are actually available and which are not

- As I use CoverArt on my Emby server, I personally can see quite good which of the movies are really in my database, but this only works for movies whose English title is the same as the German one, e.g. if I press on Sean Connery, the movie "The Rock" has no coverart because it is being treated as "not in database" as there it is called "The Rock - Fels der Entscheidung"

So independant of my tvos problem I'd prefer the normal non fancy actor search :-)

Edited by horstepipe