[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

It's not there because I simply don't know where to place it without looking ugly. You still have the option to use SMS jumping on your remote (Remember the good old T9 days on a Nokia 3210)

flatline69

It's not there because I simply don't know where to place it without looking ugly. You still have the option to use SMS jumping on your remote (Remember the good old T9 days on a Nokia 3210)

understood. as an idea, at the very top where the filter/view icon is - maybe doing (pardon my noob) up twice (horizon used down twice) and fill the whole row with A-Z (ie; replace the existing content with the A-Z selector)

EDIT: Or maybe at the very bottom status bar (where the PVR info shows loading guide data)?

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

Nope. Doesn't fit to the skin and the "corporate design".

flatline69

Nope. Doesn't fit to the skin and the "corporate design".

OK. Appreciate you listening nonetheless.

sualfred

No prob, I know it's requested and I'm still searching for a good solution. 

• Like 1

flatline69

No prob, I know it's requested and I'm still searching for a good solution. 

Was just sitting waiting for my wife to get back from having a smoke looking at the pause OSD and had an idea - if you're in a slide view and go left (all the way) the menu pops up. What if you went left again and a floating A-Z happens like you'd see in poster view? :) Not very good at making a mock-up but I can clearly see it in my minds eye.

cablegooru

Quick question... using embuary and love it, thanks... when i have an item with multiple versions I.E. hevc/ateme, the slection box will come up and give me the choices, how do i make that box go away after selecting? Once i do the video will start but the box stays.. if i hit cancel it stops the video. ?? Thanks

sualfred

Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

Sounds like it's addon related.

Please provide log.

horstepipe

Quick question... using embuary and love it, thanks... when i have an item with multiple versions I.E. hevc/ateme, the slection box will come up and give me the choices, how do i make that box go away after selecting? Once i do the video will start but the box stays.. if i hit cancel it stops the video. ?? Thanks

I saw that once, too.

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce it.

flatline69

Question... Decided to give EmbyCon a whirl on another device, seems to work just fine but there's missing artwork on the home screen for genre and the titles above (movies, tv, etc) - they're just blank boxes. I tried the usual update media library with no luck. What am I missing? I don't have debug logging enabled but the log itself isn't giving any hints. If I go into the items with no images, they all display as expected - it's just on the home screen. Even tried cleaning media library.

sualfred

Krypton or Leia?

The Windows Leia version is shipped with a buggy zlib.dll, which is causing issues like this.

flatline69

Krypton or Leia?

The Windows Leia version is shipped with a buggy zlib.dll, which is causing issues like this.

Sorry - Leia; is there a known good revision of the DLL I can use? I was using Emby for Kodi before which worked fine (no image issues from home)

EDIT: Running Alpha1 on my Win10 machine - just decided to try Embycon here first before placing it on my CoreELEC devices.

EDIT: Will try this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329375&page=2

EDIT: Worked :) Only thing not showing images is "All Movies" and "All Tv Shows"

Edited by flatline69

sualfred

Ah, you found my self-compiled zlib ^^ 

The images for All Movies and All TV Shows are only working if you have a Kodi database of videos. Since you are using EmbyCon only on this device you have to disable this two nodes in the skin settings and use the EmbyCon nodes instead.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe

hey Fred, two questions:

is the genre list for tv shows pre-defined by any means?

I don't see my genre "Anime", in Estuary it shows up fine.

See screenshots attached

from time to time Kodi uses lots of CPU power for round about 30 minutes. I checked it up and it seems to be caused by the simple cache plugin. So when the CPU is under heavy load by Kodi, I can see that the simplecache.db and the MyVideos107.db files are permanently being changed, so:

- what is it exactly doing here?

- is it a cron job or when/how is this process being triggered?

- is the user able to define a timeframe when this process starts (as it is really CPU demanding)

Best regards

sualfred

Thanks, fixed. A new version is currently uploading to the repos.

The simple cache plugin is out of my control. It's a dependency from other addons. 

• Like 1

horstepipe

Thanks, fixed. A new version is currently uploading to the repos.

The simple cache plugin is out of my control. It's a dependency from other addons.

Thanks

Ahh okay it’s a dependency of metadatautils which is a dependency of skin helper service which is a dependency of Embuary :-)

I‘ll try to ask Marcelveldt to get more info about the routines of the script.

horstepipe

@@marcelveldt

I‘m most interested in this question:

When I quit Kodi before that whatever task performed by simple cache (I guess it’s something about additional movie information like rotten tomatoe ratings) has been finished, will it go on where it stopped on next Kodi start or will it start from beginning?

As the user gets no info that something‘s happening in the background, he will most likely just restart Kodi to ‚fix‘ that loss of performance he notices.

Edited by horstepipe

im85288

@@marcelveldt

I‘m most interested in this question:

When I quit Kodi before that whatever task performed by simple cache (I guess it’s something about additional movie information like rotten tomatoe ratings) has been finished, will it go on where it stopped on next Kodi start or will it start from beginning?

As the user gets no info that something‘s happening in the background, he will most likely just restart Kodi to ‚fix‘ that loss of performance he notices.

FYI - last I had contact with marcelveldt he had moved on from both Kodi and Emby so I would not expect any changes forthcoming from your question. Best plan would be to post the question as an issue on his github. Cheers

• Like 1

sualfred

Be sure you have the latest Emby for Kodi beta installed.