Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

DarKni8
27 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

So Linux should already have the necessary Chromaprint library - run the same tests as in the FAQ and it should tell you.

So once i am done with initial setup I will be able to skip intro on android and android tv app also ? Or only on web app?

Edited by DarKni8

rbjtech
29 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

So once i am done with initial setup I will be able to skip intro on android and android tv app also ? Or only on web app?

Yes, after the detection task has finished and you have set it to auto-skip (see the config page).

Most Clients work just fine - see here..

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/8.-Emby-Client-Compatibility-List

DarKni8
25 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Yes, after the detection task has finished and you have set it to auto-skip (see the config page).

Most Clients work just fine - see here..

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/8.-Emby-Client-Compatibility-List

SO i ran both the schedule tasks, but still intro are not detected

Edit - task is still running i will wait

Edited by DarKni8

DarKni8

Ok guys i got the markers.

Shoutout to chef and rbjtech, I think you people nailed this functionality completely, almost. I hope now luke also gets many thing right for next release.

Also now what would be my next step? I will get button on my android tv or something to skip them or i should enable auto skip as of now?

image.thumb.png.fdb5e797d09423f74b4ea547837cfbbb.png

rbjtech
12 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

Ok guys i got the markers.

Shoutout to chef and rbjtech, I think you people nailed this functionality completely, almost. I hope now luke also gets many thing right for next release.

Also now what would be my next step? I will get button on my android tv or something to skip them or i should enable auto skip as of now?

image.thumb.png.fdb5e797d09423f74b4ea547837cfbbb.png

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/3.-Settings#4-auto-skip

he only option at the moment is Auto-Skip - as we have no control over the clients to display the button ourselves.  See above on how to set it up.

The goods news is the manual button via the clients is on it's way - but we don't have an ETA at this time.

tbh - I have no plans to use the manual button anyway even if it is available - auto-skip can sometimes get it wrong - but for the majority of intro's - it skips reasonably seamlessly.

Edited by rbjtech

DarKni8
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/3.-Settings#4-auto-skip

he only option at the moment is Auto-Skip - as we have no control over the clients to display the button ourselves.  See above on how to set it up.

The goods news is the manual button via the clients is on it's way - but we don't have an ETA at this time.

tbh - I have no plans to use the manual button anyway even if it is available - auto-skip can sometimes get it wrong - but for the majority of intro's - it skips reasonably seamlessly.

Yup auto skip is dope. Also, is there any plan to support emby theatre.

• Haha 1

chef

As the intro skip capabilities move forward, please, everyone, keep in mind that the current version was still considered beta, and that means that with newer versions, comes changes.

Changes to where files are stored, named, etc...

This will most likely mean that tasks would have to be rerun, and some beta elements will have to be manually removed in the future.

I am pleased that we have had such  positive feedback on the project. So much time went into it... like... years of development. 😆 Literally years.... An entire global pandemic worth of programming and testing. 👍 ... And possibly the longest form thread ever created on emby.media. 😆

-chef

Edited by chef
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

DarKni8

Yup, Finally got it to work. But guys i am able to make it work on android mobile beta , web app.

Is there any way i can make it work with my android tv and Emby theater?

chef
7 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

Yup, Finally got it to work. But guys i am able to make it work on android mobile beta , web app.

It should work on Android tv out of the box. 😃

That is the client I am using.

The only clients we seemed to have a real problem with was some apple products, and some Roku tvs. 

What seems to be the issue?😃

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

It should work with all the above clients - and we have positive tested this ourselves.

Please be aware that you only get one 'auto-skip' per 'session' - so if you attempt to 'go back' to the start and try it again (by using the rewind for example) - it will not work.  Close the 'session' (go back to the menu) and play it again if you want to see it auto-skip - you can of course manually jump to just 'before' the skip part if you want to quickly test - or just let it play.

If it fails to do so, then please turn on debug logging - and send me a fresh log as @chef and I have spent a lot of time ensuring the logs are verbose to tell us what's going on.

• Like 2

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

You will need server log and ffmpeg both ? Or only embyserver?

just embyserver.log - but ensure debug logging is on when you tried otherwise the info will be limited.  Thanks.

edit - also make sure those other clients are using the same user account as the one that works - or if not, add those users to the Introskip users that can use Autoskip.. ;)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

byakuya32

@chef is there a chance we can have the skip into to prompt instead of being auto. When a friend is over and we watch the walking dead she always wants to see the into and I always want to skip it.

rbjtech
37 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

@chef is there a chance we can have the skip into to prompt instead of being auto. When a friend is over and we watch the walking dead she always wants to see the into and I always want to skip it.

with v3 - the next version, yes, no ETA I'm afraid - but on this current beta, no - the only option is to use auto-skip or manual via chapters.

• Like 1

mpearon

Hello!  Will the GitHub repo be updated with the latest build?  I always have a really hard time finding the releases in this thread.

• Agree 2

chef
1 hour ago, mpearon said:

Hello!  Will the GitHub repo be updated with the latest build?  I always have a really hard time finding the releases in this thread.

Will do. 

• Like 1

diogee
23 hours ago, chef said:

This will most likely mean that tasks would have to be rerun

It takes close to a month to fully fingerprint and detect my library so let's keep any kind of breaking changes that require long rescans as infrequent as possible yeah? 😜
I kid, I kid! (Mostly 😉)
But also not kidding about the scan time, my posts from a couple pages ago where I mentioned starting a fresh scan? Yeah, that all only just finished yesterday. It has taken all this time to scan with the exception of a ~5 day outage I had due to floods frying my server 😬

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll likely say it again, I don't think any of us can thank all those contributing to this plugin enough!
The hard work and effort gone into this really shows given how well it works even just out of the box in it's current beta state and I'm glad it's getting the recognition it deserves
Jellyfin have been making some great strides over the past year or so and I'll be honest, I considered switching to it towards the end of last year. I still don't think it's come far enough to entirely replace Emby yet for me (oh boy do I love the LDAP plugin refinement and syncplay though....) but in any case, this plugin literally was the deciding factor of sticking with Emby 😁

@chef specifically, I've also been silently appreciating some of your other work too that is unrelated to this plugin, so again, thank you for all you do for this community!

Edited by diogee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech

Technically, we 'should' be able to import the existing Intro data into the core db (chapter table) - as the core data held is the same ie some time stamps and a link to the Item ID.

My understanding is the fingerprinting and detection is not changing, so all we are doing for v3 is wrapping it into the core 'schedule' and saving the data into the Core instead of an external database.

Bells and whistles such as the ability to view and edit the data (as we have in the plugin now), maybe auto-skip, reporting etc are likely to stay as a plugin.

• Like 1

chef
18 minutes ago, diogee said:

It takes close to a month to fully fingerprint and detect my library so let's keep any kind of breaking changes that require long rescans as infrequent as possible yeah? 😜
I kid, I kid! (Mostly 😉)
But also not kidding about the scan time, my posts from a couple pages ago where I mentioned starting a fresh scan? Yeah, that all only just finished yesterday. It has taken all this time to scan with the exception of a ~5 day outage I had due to floods frying my server 😬

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll likely say it again, I don't think any of us can thank all those contributing to this plugin enough!
The hard work and effort gone into this really shows given how well it works even just out of the box in it's current beta state and I'm glad it's getting the recognition it deserves
Jellyfin have been making some great strides over the past year or so and I'll be honest, I considered switching to it towards the end of last year. I still don't think it's come far enough to entirely replace Emby yet for me (oh boy do I love the LDAP plugin refinement and syncplay though....) but in any case, this plugin literally was the deciding factor of sticking with Emby 😁

@chef specifically, I've also been silently appreciating some of your other work too that is unrelated to this plugin, so again, thank you for all you do for this community!

Thank you for the kind words. 😃

Once we see the results of new versions, I will try to write something that will move data over. I'll definitely do my best to try and make any migration painless.

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

Goggleboxer

@chef I am a new Emby Server/Premiere customer and so still on a learning curve. I've switched to the latest beta w/ confirmed ffmpeg chromaprint enabled. But, to find a working clone or .zip file for the latest beta of SkipIntro seems futile. I've read through this entire post, but all .zip file links for SkipIntro are no longer available? The GitHub release code is only for the .png files and no .dll file is included. Am I missing something, or is it no longer an option until it's ready for core integration in some future release? Having come from the Plex world, I really miss this feature and would like the opportunity to have it working with my Emby server. Cheers.

chef
33 minutes ago, Goggleboxer said:

@chef I am a new Emby Server/Premiere customer and so still on a learning curve. I've switched to the latest beta w/ confirmed ffmpeg chromaprint enabled. But, to find a working clone or .zip file for the latest beta of SkipIntro seems futile. I've read through this entire post, but all .zip file links for SkipIntro are no longer available? The GitHub release code is only for the .png files and no .dll file is included. Am I missing something, or is it no longer an option until it's ready for core integration in some future release? Having come from the Plex world, I really miss this feature and would like the opportunity to have it working with my Emby server. Cheers.

Hi, sorry about that. I wanted to update the releases on GitHub today, but got called into the kitchen early.

I will put a new release on GitHub, and link it here shortly.

😃

slevin7

may i ask what all has been changed?

and should I rerun the fingerprint and everything? (I hope not to be honest)

Edited by slevin7

rbjtech
1 hour ago, slevin7 said:

may i ask what all has been changed?

and should I rerun the fingerprint and everything? (I hope not to be honest)

Just overwrite the DLL, clear the browser cache and re-start emby.

No need to re-FP or re-detect anything .. ;)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/7.-Version-&-Release-Notes

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1