Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Guardian87
2 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

can you upload a log with enabled debugging? 

Now it randomly worked again when I tried … If it comes up again I’ll provide logs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guardian87 said:

Now it randomly worked again when I tried … If it comes up again I’ll provide logs.

Auto skip will only work once per stream.

Once the intro is skipped it will not skip it again during that playback session.

In other words, if you seek back to the beginning of the stream after auto skip has skipped the intro once, it will not skip again.

You would have to stop the stream and restart it from the beginning inorder to see the intro skip for a second time.

Is it possible you seeked back to the beginning of the stream to test the skip?

Edited by chef

Guardian87
24 minutes ago, chef said:

Auto skip will only work once per stream.

Once the intro is skipped it will not skip it again during that playback session.

In other words, if you seek back to the beginning of the stream after auto skip has skipped the intro once, it will not skip again.

You would have to stop the stream and restart it from the beginning inorder to see the intro skip for a second time.

Is it possible you seeked back to the beginning of the stream to test the skip?

No, I didn’t look around. Auto Skip is again not reacting. Funnily, this entry is in the logs:

2022-02-20 17:12:51.968 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to 192.168.178.64. Time: 4ms. http://192.168.178.85:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby for iOS&X-Emby-Device-Name=Stephans iPhone&X-Emby-Device-Id=30AD2F24-910E-4BAA-9663-76A1705D2074&X-Emby-Client-Version=2.1.2
2022-02-20 17:13:01.973 Info Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:AUTOSKIP:Serien - The Legend of Vox Machina Episode 10 intro has been skipped.

This says the intro was skipped, but it wasn’t. There was also no message showing up. This was the case on my iPhone and the current Emby App. I can restart and provide a cleaner complete log later.

35 minutes ago, Guardian87 said:

No, I didn’t look around. Auto Skip is again not reacting. Funnily, this entry is in the logs:

2022-02-20 17:12:51.968 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to 192.168.178.64. Time: 4ms. http://192.168.178.85:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby for iOS&X-Emby-Device-Name=Stephans iPhone&X-Emby-Device-Id=30AD2F24-910E-4BAA-9663-76A1705D2074&X-Emby-Client-Version=2.1.2
2022-02-20 17:13:01.973 Info Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:AUTOSKIP:Serien - The Legend of Vox Machina Episode 10 intro has been skipped.

This says the intro was skipped, but it wasn’t. There was also no message showing up. This was the case on my iPhone and the current Emby App. I can restart and provide a cleaner complete log later.

Oh! You are using apple products to test this?

Guardian87
50 minutes ago, chef said:

Oh! You are using apple products to test this?

Yes, sorry if they are not officially „supported“ yet I wasn’t aware. Maybe it always just worked on the Nvidia shield connected to my TV and I just misremember… I’m quite sure it worked once on my iPhone when I resumed right within an intro.

12 minutes ago, Guardian87 said:

Yes, sorry if they are not officially „supported“ yet I wasn’t aware. Maybe it always just worked on the Nvidia shield connected to my TV and I just misremember… I’m quite sure it worked once on my iPhone when I resumed right within an intro.

Yes, apple products have been a bit of a pain to implement auto skip on. 

It hasn't been consistent... Unfortunately.

Everything from the messaging system popup, to the devices accepting our seek commands.

One moment ... We should fix this apple problem.

I'll be back.

Edited by chef

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, chef said:

Hey @Guardian87 if you turn off the "Send Message" option under advanced settings, does it allow the skip option to work on your iPhone?

I basically use Apple devices exclusively (I do have a few other devices, but main ones are Apple) and I’ve never personally had any issues getting Auto-Skip to work on my iPhone and iPad. The message also works fine. Can’t say about Apple TV though, as I have never tried it there (the Apple TV Emby client isn’t great overall…)

I will say that I don’t actively use the feature either, only periodically. So perhaps the issue happens if it’s been monitoring too long, or something like that.

• Thanks 1

Guardian87
4 hours ago, chef said:

Hey @Guardian87 if you turn off the "Send Message" option under advanced settings, does it allow the skip option to work on your iPhone?

I just tried and this had no effect on it. Intro still plays. Log says again that it was skipped. No idea if I can make this more verbose.

Just out of curiosity, if the task is stopped while running partially through a series, does it pick up where it left off, or does it have to start that whole series from scratch again?

samuelqwe
18 minutes ago, my95z34 said:

Just out of curiosity, if the task is stopped while running partially through a series, does it pick up where it left off, or does it have to start that whole series from scratch again?

It goes on a per season basis. So it would have to restart the season it was working on from the beginning, but any already processed seasons would be fine.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

It goes on a per season basis. So it would have to restart the season it was working on from the beginning, but any already processed seasons would be fine.

Ok cool.  Thank you!

fallenwitch3r

are there any changes in the last emby beta? Autoskip isn´t working anymore..

Edited by fallenwitch3r

datanet
3 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

are there any changes in the last emby beta? Autoskip isn´t working anymore..

Autoskip working fine for me on latest Emby beta (4.7.0.24).  Make sure Autoskip isn't by chance running any of the scheduled scans, since it will not autoskip while the database is locked during the scanning process.

• Thanks 1

samuelqwe

@chef I know why the series dropdown on the configuration page is showing duplicates. It's listing all the folders contained within each library. So if you have multiple folders that are named the same thing and they are spread across different librairies, they will show up multiple times in the series dropdown.

One entry in the dropdown = one folder in your library.

This might have to do with some virtual folders thing, but I haven't quite pinned down what the right API call is to list only Emby media items rather than all the folders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

@chef I know why the series dropdown on the configuration page is showing duplicates. It's listing all the folders contained within each library. So if you have multiple folders that are named the same thing and they are spread across different librairies, they will show up multiple times in the series dropdown.

This might have to do with some virtual folders thing, but I haven't quite pinned down what the right API call is to list only Emby media items rather than all the folders.

"IsVirtualItem=false" maybe? 

slevin7
19 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Maybe I have misunderstood, but for me the whole thing looks like this.
I have duplicate entries but all series are in their folder.

1458673072_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-22um18_42_46.thumb.png.8218463b154b87f9a3d3026f70a4d36e.png

samuelqwe
42 minutes ago, slevin7 said:

Maybe I have misunderstood, but for me the whole thing looks like this.
I have duplicate entries but all series are in their folder.

1458673072_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-22um18_42_46.thumb.png.8218463b154b87f9a3d3026f70a4d36e.png

Do you have any other librairies?

I know for a fact that on my server it’s listing all the folders across my librairies, even if those folders are empty. In my case, it shows the folders in my Recordings library, as well as the ones in my TV Shows library, even if one or the other is currently empty.

EDIT: I just want to clarify that it is showing folders belonging to shows only, not anything that isn’t supposed to be a show. It just isn’t merging all the folders for one series under one entry in the dropdown.

Edited by samuelqwe

slevin7

I still have a folder of movies that I have included in Emby, nothing more.
Oh and my AutoOrganize folder.

Could there possibly be some outdated entries in my database? If so, is there any way I can get rid of them?

rbjtech
1 hour ago, slevin7 said:

Could there possibly be some outdated entries in my database? If so, is there any way I can get rid of them?

THIS

I have checked for this myself in the past (it used to bug me) and can confirm 'some' of the duplicate shows listed were due to duplicate folders, but a large percentage of them do not have duplicate folders and thus, I too think they are old orphaned entries in the dB somewhere.

I've even tried removing the show out of the library, doing a complete library scan plus a vacuum, show disappears as you would expect, but as soon as you put the show back (and it's re-picked up), you get two entries again ... argghhh...

It doesn't effect anything, other than my OCD - so i've learnt to live with it ... haha

Painkiller8818
6 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I've even tried removing the show out of the library, doing a complete library scan plus a vacuum, show disappears as you would expect, but as soon as you put the show back (and it's re-picked up), you get two entries again ... argghhh...

i know in the beta there is some kind of database clean task. Maybe it is possible on the stable to clean the db manually and get rid of the duplicate entries which have no episodes?

I've not played around in the db and i also don't have any duplicate shows but maybe you guys know more on handling with DBs