Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

samuelqwe
40 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Yes, that's what I've been saying this whole time.

And add it to movies as well plzkthx

Even if movies support the "CreditStart" marker, our current detection code wouldn’t work for movies.

We currently detect credits based on similarity of audio at the end of two episodes, and black frame detection to fine tune the timing. Since we don’t have anything to use for comparison with movie credits, we would need a different method for that detection.

It’s not impossible, but it’s much harder to do. It is definitely something to look into though.

Painkiller8818
47 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

And add it to movies as well plzkthx

I really don't see the need for skipping credits. If a movie is finish you simply click stop, i don't know what a skip should be for.

Could you explain the need of a credit skip of a movie?

crusher11

Not to skip, just to inform Emby that the movie is over. It would replace the "maximum resume percentage" field, meaning that whether a movie is marked "played" or given a resume point is based on whether you've reach the credits, rather than an arbitrary percentage of the runtime.

Yes, it would need to be manually added in a lot of cases, but there are also a lot of films that just have a chapter marker there out of the box.

MBSki
3 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I really don't see the need for skipping credits. If a movie is finish you simply click stop, i don't know what a skip should be for.

The one reason I can see skipping credits in a movie to be useful is when there's a short video at the end. Marvel movies almost always have a short movie, Pixar sometimes too. So if I could skip credits and go to the short video that would be really useful. 

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

The one reason I can see skipping credits in a movie to be useful is when there's a short video at the end. Marvel movies almost always have a short movie, Pixar sometimes too. So if I could skip credits and go to the short video that would be really useful. 

thats not how the credit skip works right now. Credit skip will jump right to the end of the file, not looking for anything after the credits.

BillOatman
4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I see none either, but for binge watching TV series it could be a time saver.

MBSki
2 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

thats not how the credit skip works right now. Credit skip will jump right to the end of the file, not looking for anything after the credits.

Understand. Just saying it "could" be useful if it ONLY skipped credits rather than skipping to the very end of the file? 

11 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Understand. Just saying it "could" be useful if it ONLY skipped credits rather than skipping to the very end of the file? 

I can make that happen by uncommenting one piece of code, and commenting out another. 😆

I put it there just incase. 🤫 😂

• Thanks 1

crusher11

If I replace a file with a different, but identically-named file, will this notice and re-scan? I just realised one of my episodes of Chuck has a "previously on" after it for some reason, which screwed up the end credits detection on that episode, so I've remuxed to remove it.

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

If I replace a file with a different, but identically-named file, will this notice and re-scan

There is no rescan on identically named files as they are already detected by the plugin.

You would need to delete the data for this season and do a rescan, same for me if i have shows with english lang till they get released in german.
If the video isn't 100% identical in length and intro etc. this will mess up the already detected times and it jumps too late or early

Edited by Painkiller8818
  • Like 1

rbjtech
23 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

There is no rescan on identically named files as they are already detected by the plugin.

You would need to delete the data for this season and do a rescan, same for me if i have shows with english lang till they get released in german.
If the video isn't 100% identical in length and intro etc. this will mess up the already detected times and it jumps too late or early

The key is the Fingerprint data, not just the detected data.  Unless you remove the fingerprint, it will find exactly the same info as it did before you edited the file ..

Use the option highlighted below -

image.png.892a0e78be160cdac2e6503ddbac6a99.png

Edited by rbjtech

sydlexius
13 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The key is the Fingerprint data, not just the detected data.  Unless you remove the fingerprint, it will find exactly the same info as it did before you edited the file ..

Use the option highlighted below -

image.png.892a0e78be160cdac2e6503ddbac6a99.png

It would seem to me that we need to rely on file hashes to avoid this issue.  I think the best way to implement this without being annoying (or causing considerably more disk I/O and scan times) is to have a manual button within the advanced settings to force a rescan.  This would help those that are either a) not disciplined enough to run a reset after changes were made, b) too lazy to do so, and c) don't want to reset a whole season just for one or two file updates.

rbjtech
46 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

It would seem to me that we need to rely on file hashes to avoid this issue.  I think the best way to implement this without being annoying (or causing considerably more disk I/O and scan times) is to have a manual button within the advanced settings to force a rescan.  This would help those that are either a) not disciplined enough to run a reset after changes were made, b) too lazy to do so, and c) don't want to reset a whole season just for one or two file updates.

Maybe something for V3 - once in the core, then any newly detected media also gets a new fingerprint.

sydlexius
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Maybe something for V3 - once in the core, then any newly detected media also gets a new fingerprint.

For sure.  File (or stream) hashes are going to be a critical piece if someone ever sets up an Intro/Credit aggregation service.

crusher11

If specials don't have an episode number, all the ones without credits/intro marked are listed before the ones with credits/intro marked. This means that as you add the timing info, the list re-orders itself, instead of remaining in the correct order.

2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The arrow keys and delete key still don't work when manually editing timings, which makes it overly finicky.

Yes, this is because of the 'contenteditiable' attribute in the html. We can't control how it behaves.

7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

If specials don't have an episode number, all the ones without credits/intro marked are listed before the ones with credits/intro marked. This means that as you add the timing info, the list re-orders itself, instead of remaining in the correct order.

Nice find. Let's see if it is fixable.

49 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

I can't wait for the option to skip intro's the easist way I think to do it will be to use the chapter markers in the files

Exactly. 😃

gihayes
On 2/10/2022 at 4:10 AM, rbjtech said:

This depends on the version of ffmpeg used in the Emby build.    For Windows, you'll need to copy the version from the Emby beta (see below) but for other versions of Emby (Linux based) you may well already have the needed version.  The plugin does check for this before it can start - so it will tell you if you have the incorrect version.

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ

Thanks!

Guardian87

I have some strange behaviour with AutoSkip. I’ve excluded one kids show from scanning for Intros and now AutoSkip doesn’t seem to work for any show any more. Help would be appreciated!

Painkiller8818
44 minutes ago, Guardian87 said:

I have some strange behaviour with AutoSkip. I’ve excluded one kids show from scanning for Intros and now AutoSkip doesn’t seem to work for any show any more. Help would be appreciated!

can you upload a log with enabled debugging?