Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Painkiller8818
3 minutes ago, TTX said:

I dont get this plugin actual, when the jobs are done, what to do there? It dont detect any intro on any series? Or is this a manual job?

what OS do you use? If Windows are you using the stable or beta version (this plugin needs the beta versions ffmpeg for now)

Its Windows on 4.6.7.0 :o

Even when i try to activate autoskip for a user, i cant add its just loading for years

Edited by TTX

Painkiller8818
Just now, TTX said:

Where and how ? Just replace the exe in the "Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410" folder?

there are 3 files ffmpeg, ffdetect and ffprobe in the emby-server\system folder you need to replace them but make a backup of the original ones, restart the server and try to run the task again

hm ok i used them from the website actually and started a scan ... the first one was fast but the second one seems to burn the CPU to hell at the moment 🤔

Edited by TTX

rbjtech
1 hour ago, TTX said:

hm ok i used them from the website actually and started a scan ... the first one was fast but the second one seems to burn the CPU to hell at the moment 🤔

Hi - Have a quick look at the Wiki as it will give you an insight into what's going on - the Fingerprinting and Detection is a very intensive task.

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki

Yes your CPU can be max'd - depending on what CPU it is obviously but also depends if you have modified any of the default settings.

It may take DAYS to compete a large collection, so give it time.

Support is here if you need it ;)

Is there any way to prevent this from looking at my recordings directory?  I'm having to manually omit them from scans as of now.  So I was just wondering.  Thanks!

I have around 900 differen Series on my Emby Server. The Fingerprinting is now running since Monday and it shows now, that it's at 12%.

I have set Chromaprint to 4 and max series to 6. My CPU and RAM is very low (CPU around 15% and RAM around 3%).

Is there a way how I can process my series faster, because my Server is more powerfull?

Edited by TwIXx

samuelqwe
12 minutes ago, TwIXx said:

I have around 900 differen Series on my Emby Server. The Fingerprinting is now running since Monday and it shows now, that it's at 12%.

I have set Chromaprint to 4 and max series to 6. My CPU and RAM is very low (CPU around 15% and RAM around 3%).

Is there a way how I can process my series faster, because my Server is more powerfull?

Fingerprinting is mostly limited by the speed of your storage not your CPU, and putting the Chromaprint setting too high could actually cause it to be slower.

Once you get to detection, that's when it will use a lot of CPU power.

• Like 1

Painkiller8818
29 minutes ago, TwIXx said:

I have set Chromaprint to 4 and max series to 6.

also to mention, while testing we found that setting this to a high value it is getting less accurate results.

We have a few testers with very strong machines but most of us stay at lower values for better results.

I also started with 6-8 but went down to 1 for chromaprint and 4 for detection.

You would speed it up by having a lower value as it will bring your storage to the limit and if the plugin needs to wait for the storage to read/write the already calculated results it takes much longer.

• Like 1

rbjtech
31 minutes ago, TwIXx said:

Try and leave the defaults - or set it to 1 for FP and 1 for Detect.  You can always stop it and increase it - but as @samuelqwe says, setting it too high is actually detrimental to performance as the queue lengths get saturated.

Junglejim

Hi guys, I've been lurking on this topic for a while. Just wondering is this going to be a premiere option only? If so all good, no biggie, it would just save a couple of clicks.. :)

It would be nice to know before I put my NAS through this process.. :) 

I only have a small lib of tvshows. about 120, not sure if it's worth it?

Edited by Junglejim

rbjtech
12 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi guys, I've been lurking on this topic for a while. Just wondering is this going to be a premiere option only? If so all good, no biggie, it would just save a couple of clicks.. :)

It was developed by external resources - thus it will be fully available in the non-premiere version.  Playback/Auto-Skip/Skip functionality will of course be subject to any premiere restrictions on end user devices that previously existed - nothing changes in that regard.

Junglejim
6 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It was developed by external resources - thus it will be fully available in the non-premiere version.  Playback/Auto-Skip/Skip functionality will of course be subject to any premiere restrictions on end user devices that previously existed - nothing changes in that regard.

Ok. Thanks for the reply.. I think I'll give it a miss!

• Sad 1

rbjtech
26 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Ok. Thanks for the reply.. I think I'll give it a miss!

Maybe you misinterpreted my reply - it works with the free version ?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

giphy.gif.8f5786f7c1d98e6ec5482d8a68973856.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Junglejim
20 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Maybe you misinterpreted my reply - it works with the free version ?

20 hours ago, chef said:

giphy.gif.8f5786f7c1d98e6ec5482d8a68973856.gif

Thanks for the clarification.. 😃

I know you guys have put a shit load of effort in this and it's much appreciated!

I'm not a beta tester at the mo, been there done that. As soon as I can test this on a official build I'm all over it.

With a small TV lib like mine it properly wont take too long.... 😋

Cheers. 🍺

Edited by Junglejim

byakuya32

Hi @chef I noticed in my initial scan it doesn't detect an intro where there is a white or another colour frame at the start and end of the intro. White Frames are very common in Anime.

Edited by byakuya32

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

Hi @chef I noticed in my initial scan it doesn't detect an intro where there is a white or another colour frame at the start and end of the intro. White Frames are very common in Anime.

The Video content does not matter for the Intro - as it uses an AUDIO fingerprint.

If all the Intro's SOUND the same, then they should get picked up.

If this is not the case, can you provide an example ? 

byakuya32
36 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The Video content does not matter for the Intro - as it uses an AUDIO fingerprint.

If all the Intro's SOUND the same, then they should get picked up.

If this is not the case, can you provide an example ? 

It's not 2 of the shows that I have noticed so far is boruto and DC legends of tomorrow. Boruto plays musi  during the opening bit not during the show bit the music is at the same volume level as the show.