Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, HorsePDF said:

OK got it, thanks. Wasn't necessarily looking to join the team, I was actually curious about ways to get widespread analytics on success rates with different parameters. More of a curiosity and ideas than core contributions at this stage.

I'm not really sure on the setup of Emby (I recently found it and am enjoying it a lot), I guess I was expecting plugins to be publicly available, even if the core is closed source. Probably a different discussion for a different thread, but this problem made me quite curious.

We are going thru a huge overhaul on the code right now and will be creating a more indepth statics from the first one that i wrote in the plugin, but we are best off waiting before i start to do this.

What kind of analytics and parameters where you thinking about.

As for plugins, there are some that are publicly available, however most of us devs want the community to support emby so we can put in the emby premiere restriction for functionality if the plugin warrants it. 

Gecko

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to delete this plugin properly (and do a fresh reinstall afterwards) so I'm sure to not do something stupid :)
It would be great to edit the first post of this thread with a link to the repo where the up-to-date plugin and install/config/uninstall tutorial are located, I can't find it anymore...

Thanks !

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, nSGecko said:

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to delete this plugin properly (and do a fresh reinstall afterwards) so I'm sure to not do something stupid :)
It would be great to edit the first post of this thread with a link to the repo where the up-to-date plugin and install/config/uninstall tutorial are located, I can't find it anymore...

Thanks !

standby we have wiki page on github, it's in the tools and utilities forum

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, nSGecko said:

Hi guys,

Thanks !

However to fully install correctly.

1. uninstall Introskip from plugin menu
  2. shutdown emby
  3. navigate to ${Users}/AppData/Emby-Server/programdata/data/ and find titlesequence.db and delete this file or rename the extension to from .db to .old(if you want to keep all the information to reuse again later)
  4. If chapter markers was enabled - you will need to refresh metadata on your tv shows(don't enable refresh images)

That will complete full uninstall

Gecko

Thanks, I'll try that :)

1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:
  1. If chapter markers was enabled - you will need to refresh metadata on your tv shows(don't enable refresh images)

Why do I need to refresh metadata ?
I imagine that if chapters were inserted into mkv's they'll stay there. Upon reinstallation of the plugin, will it detect those Chapters and skip the intro/outro detection for those tv shows ?

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, nSGecko said:

I imagine that if chapters were inserted into mkv's they'll stay there. Upon reinstallation of the plugin, will it detect those Chapters and skip the intro/outro detection for those tv shows ?

Any chapters added by Introskip are just added to the emby database, we never modify the original source file.  

btw - you also need to remove the fingerprint files - held in ..\programdata\plugins\data\intro_encoding

@Cheesegeezer - I should probably add an uninstall section in the Wiki ... ?

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, nSGecko said:

So let me explain.

The introskip plugin will create chapter markers (if enabled) for introstart/end and credits.  These are put into the chapters.db as additional chapter points. We did not manipulate the video files at all.  So the chapter markers you see in emby are firstly collected from the media container, then parsed to the chapters.db, if no chapters exist in the media container then emby will create default chapter markers every 5 minutes.

By conducting a metadata refresh. after the plugin has been removed, you will force emby to recreate these markers from the orignial source and therefore remove the introskip markers that are inserted

• Like 3

BillOatman
14 hours ago, HorsePDF said:

I guess I was expecting plugins to be publicly available, even if the core is closed source. Probably a different discussion for a different thread, but this problem made me quite curious.

Plugins are generally available for free, though some charge a fee.  As to source, many are open, some are not.  It is 100% up to the plugin author as to cost and availability of the source. I believe one consideration in this case to close the source may have been the amount of work put in by the developers and others and the desire to avoid others taking their work and using it on other platforms.  

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Well we're not sure yet if this will be part of the 4.7 release or a 4.7.x follow-up, but this will be coming very soon to Emby Server and Emby apps:

Untitled1.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

sydlexius
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Well we're not sure yet if this will be part of the 4.7 release or a 4.7.x follow-up, but this will be coming very soon to Emby Server and Emby apps:

Untitled1.png

Does the focus temporarily shift to the Skip Intro button while it's onscreen?

25 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Does the focus temporarily shift to the Skip Intro button while it's onscreen?

Yes, if the OSD isn't already open.

• Like 3

fallenwitch3r

Will this button design in all emby apps or just for the web player?

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Will this button design in all emby apps or just for the web player?

16 hours ago, Luke said:

It's being tested in ET already

Edited by FrostByte

Weevillo
On 4/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, FrostByte said:

It's being tested in ET already

Being test as we can download the apk and watch the button appear or as in we're testing it internally at the moment?
Also what does the ET abbreviation stand for? Emby test?

Cheesegeezer
24 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Being test as we can download the apk and watch the button appear or as in we're testing it internally at the moment?
Also what does the ET abbreviation stand for? Emby test?

Emby Theater

• Thanks 1

samuelqwe
49 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Just to clarify, it is being tested internally for the moment.

• Like 1

Sparker
On 4/6/2022 at 9:16 PM, Luke said:

I installed IntroSkip plugin manually, if it will be included with Emby Server and apps, will I need to remove my manual plugin installation of IntroSkip?

I am on the Emby beta so I look forward to seeing it when it is released to beta.

I moved from Plex (lifetime pass holder) to Emby last week because I am fed up with Plex failing to playback EAC3 properly, I'm trialing it atm without being able to unlock the Android TV app. 

will I need to remove my manual plugin installation of IntroSkip?

Ultimately I think the role of the plugin will be for other things such as automatic skipping and other things that it brings. But just the raw intro detection will be handled by the server now.

• Like 1

rbjtech

Some of the features of the Plugin as follows :-

• Intro Auto-Skip
  • Credit Detection
  • Credit Auto-Skip
  • Visualize and edit any of the Intro and Credit markers using thumbnails
  • Intelligent Chapter marker per episode
  • Add or exclude specific shows
  • Add or remove Intro's/Credit markers per show
  • Provide statistics on the success of the detection
  • Works in all clients
  • Choose to play Intro or not from Episode 1 of each new Season
  • User permissions - turn on/off the features for selected users

..as far as I am aware, the Core version in it's current development, cannot do any of the above - this may be on the agenda, I'm honestly not sure.  So if you use any of the above features, then you may need to make a choice as we are somewhat at a 'crossroads' here with features.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 2

Ideally the plugin should be updated to use the data generated by the core server rather than creating it's own data.

• Agree 1

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ideally the plugin should be updated to use the data generated by the core server rather than creating it's own data.

Sure - if the Core can detect credit info as well and be performant - then that absolutely makes sense - it effectively means we could remove the detection engine. 👍 

Sparker

I just want the choice to skip intros like Plex has, so when that is added to core that's all I will need :) 

I have been setting it up since Saturday and have seen the tasks take hours to complete at 100% CPU (Synology NAS) and I have yet to see an option to skip an intro with the programs I watch. Last night I did see a skip title sequence chapter with Gilligan's Island, but only when I navigated down to see the chapters (I think that is exactly how this plugin works, not with a Skip Intro overlay on the media I guess?) but media that was added very recently (like an hour or so) is probably not getting real time scanned like how Plex manages it and does not contain the chapters or skip title sequence despite being new episodes in existing seasons.

Anyway I am just sharing my observations

samuelqwe
16 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I just want the choice to skip intros like Plex has, so when that is added to core that's all I will need :) 

I have been setting it up since Saturday and have seen the tasks take hours to complete at 100% CPU (Synology NAS) and I have yet to see an option to skip an intro with the programs I watch. Last night I did see a skip title sequence chapter with Gilligan's Island, but only when I navigated down to see the chapters (I think that is exactly how this plugin works, not with a Skip Intro overlay on the media I guess?) but media that was added very recently (like an hour or so) is probably not getting real time scanned like how Plex manages it and does not contain the chapters or skip title sequence despite being new episodes in existing seasons.

Anyway I am just sharing my observations

The plugin can only do auto-skip, it won’t overlay a button to skip the intro.

If all you want is a skip intro button, then you won’t even need this plugin at all. The button and intro detection will be built-in to Emby once this feature comes out. It is currently being tested internally, so hopefully it should be publicly available soon.

• Like 1

chef

I would suggest (at this point) for new users to wait and not use this particular plugin.

It was an early test of capabilities.

There will most likely be major changes happening in the next little while that makes this plugin obsolete.

It has been an amazing community driven project. The next iteration of an intro skip option, will most likely not have anything to do with this particular plugin, and will take the idea to the next level.

Thanks to every person who took the time over the years to get things where they are today... 

Which is going to be amazing!  😉

• Like 12