Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Just now, byakuya32 said:

I have quite a few shows where the volume has been normalized from the studio so it's at the same volume level.

Hi byakuya!

For some TV shows, like DCs Legends of Tomorrow, the intro maybe too short for some episodes.  A quick theme intro under 10 seconds.

It is also possible (specifically for that show in particular) that the intro for the show changed its theme song style for certain episodes.

In both cases the plugin would have a hard time pin pointing where the intro is.

Legends of Tomorrow is a tricky series to detect intros for.

The plugin follows some specific rules to locate intros.

For instance, the theme must be longer then 10 seconds to be considered an intro, and also, the same theme must appear in more then 1 episode.

byakuya32
17 minutes ago, chef said:

Hi byakuya!

For some TV shows, like DCs Legends of Tomorrow, the intro maybe too short for some episodes.  A quick theme intro under 10 seconds.

It is also possible (specifically for that show in particular) that the intro for the show changed its theme song style for certain episodes.

In both cases the plugin would have a hard time pin pointing where the intro is.

Legends of Tomorrow is a tricky series to detect intros for.

The plugin follows some specific rules to locate intros.

For instance, the theme must be longer then 10 seconds to be considered an intro, and also, the same theme must appear in more then 1 episode.

In shows like boruto they use the theme for 20 to 50 episodes before it gets changed. Also the into is sung in anouther language.

byakuya32

Does anyone else have an issue where the tasks have completed, but there is no prompt to skip the intro for that episode even though the time is set in activity page and it is enabled on all the accounts?

samuelqwe
9 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

Does anyone else have an issue where the tasks have completed, but there is no prompt to skip the intro for that episode even though the time is set in activity page and it is enabled on all the accounts?

There is no prompt for Intro Skip (yet), so you have to enable Auto-Skip in the settings if you want the intros to be skipped.

byakuya32
11 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

There is no prompt for Intro Skip (yet), so you have to enable Auto-Skip in the settings if you want the intros to be skipped.

I have tried turn8ng that in and it doesn't skip either

Painkiller8818
4 hours ago, byakuya32 said:

I have tried turn8ng that in and it doesn't skip either

you enabled it for your user in the settings?

rbjtech

Have you set it to not skip the first episode in the config settings - and is this the first episode ?

have you set it to Autoskip ?

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/3.-Settings#4-auto-skip

If none of these appear to work, then please turn on debug logging and sent a new log after playing something which should 'autoskip', via PM if you like, as all activity including when it plans to skip etc will be logged - it help us understand what is going on with your install.

We have had some issues with Apple clients but by turning OFF the notice - it appears to have fixed it...

Josephus

So would you consider an API endpoint in the same style as Emby API for manual/batch edit on time spots, as I previously mentioned?

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, Josephus said:

So would you consider an API endpoint in the same style as Emby API for manual/batch edit on time spots, as I previously mentioned?

For v3 (the next release) this is the case - as it uses the core dB to store the data in the chapters dB - via the chapters API.

For the current release - some of it is already available via the API but not all.

If you do need to do this on the current release, then reach out to @chef who can likely give you some pointers.

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, Josephus said:

Batch edit through an API should already be possible via one of the SequenceService endpoints.

You can find the endpoints on the Swagger page of the server where the plugin is installed.

• Agree 1

Bagul

Hey :)

Already thank you for your work. 

I have a question.

Sometimes the detection works without problem and sometimes the intro that is detected is completely crazy.
Let me explain:

image.thumb.png.d13e69301a476e538d12827ff0dd6b19.png

Here the detection is in the middle of the episode, the sound at this place is not at all the same as on the intro, people are talking etc.

And on the rest of the season the detections are found perfectly.

I put as parameter:

image.png.6a436babd5e815d98440e3fb00461dd1.png

Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the intro detections on my side?

Thanx :) 

byakuya32
12 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Have you set it to not skip the first episode in the config settings - and is this the first episode ?

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/3.-Settings#4-auto-skip

If none of these appear to work, then please turn on debug logging and sent a new log after playing something which should 'autoskip', via PM if you like, as all activity including when it plans to skip etc will be logged - it help us understand what is going on with your install.

We have had some issues with Apple clients but by turning OFF the notice - it appears to have fixed it...

I did not set it to not auto skip first episode as I wanted to skip all the intros.

byakuya32
Just now, byakuya32 said:

I did not set it to not auto skip first episode as I wanted to skip all the intros.

I will send a log this evening.

byakuya32
17 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I saw emby 4.7.0.29 was released today. I ran the update to it and it is now skipping intros on my android TV.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
4 hours ago, byakuya32 said:

I saw emby 4.7.0.29 was released today. I ran the update to it and it is now skipping intros on my android TV.

That's good news - but I'm not sure why it didn't work on .28 ... odd.

Thanks for the update 👍

Liquidfire88

just out of curiosity, is there a way to use the skip intro functionality to also skip recaps at the beginning of episodes?  might just be a pipe dream right now, but i figured id ask.

Edited by Liquidfire88

CentWind

I have a question: I have two server, one of them run the introskip. Could I copy some system files to another one for there is no need to run the detection again. Copy the "titlesequence.db"?

And I forgot which thread I saw it before, the files plugin created will be put into /data/introcache? But there's nothing in this floder.

The plugin work well now, I checked several anime, and the recognition success rate is relatively high.

Very thanks for all of you developers.

And I have a small suggestion, Could it set a buffer for a few seconds (such as 2s). it means:

for example: the opening is 00:20~01:50, if set autoskip, it will skip at 00:20 (sometimes the opening have not really started yet). This may give the audience an idea that do I just miss some useful infomation? because audience do not actully see the opening start. as well as the end of opening, skip into 2s in advance to let audience ensure it is the end.

I think give a few second as buffer may have a better expenerice. Of cause, just a suggestion. Even if you accept it, this should not be a high priority.

What I really waiting for is the Manual Skip Button, because many animes' opening will change the screen content even they use the same song, which may contain some infomation I need. So only thing I can do is artificially confirming that they are using duplicate inrto and skip them.

rbjtech
55 minutes ago, CentWind said:

I have a question: I have two server, one of them run the introskip. Could I copy some system files to another one for there is no need to run the detection again. Copy the "titlesequence.db"?

If the 2nd server is an exact copy of the first (ie it has an identical copy of the library.db file) - then yes, you can just copy the titlesequence.db file.  But if it has been independently built, then each item will have a different unique ID - thus you cannot just copy the titlesequence.db file I'm afraid.

55 minutes ago, CentWind said:

And I have a small suggestion, Could it set a buffer for a few seconds (such as 2s). it means:

for example: the opening is 00:20~01:50, if set autoskip, it will skip at 00:20 (sometimes the opening have not really started yet). This may give the audience an idea that do I just miss some useful infomation? because audience do not actully see the opening start. as well as the end of opening, skip into 2s in advance to let audience ensure it is the end.

I think give a few second as buffer may have a better expenerice. Of cause, just a suggestion. Even if you accept it, this should not be a high priority.

What I really waiting for is the Manual Skip Button, because many animes' opening will change the screen content even they use the same song, which may contain some infomation I need. So only thing I can do is artificially confirming that they are using duplicate inrto and skip them.

Agreed and this is something that we may be able to incorporate into the next version.  The 'timings' of the skip are literally a time value - so we should be able to have a setting 'advancing' the Introskip Start by X seconds and also 'delay' the Introskip End by X seconds - thus you always get 'overlap'.

The next version is being built into the Core, so some of these features may need a plugin but as I said above, at the end of the day, they are just 'time stamps' recorded into the database so we can manipulate them as required.

The Core version will have a MANUAL 'button' on the Client - but we may need to wait for the Clients themselves to be updated - no ETA at this time.

@chef - any thoughts ?

Edited by rbjtech

chef
42 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

If the 2nd server is an exact copy of the first (ie it has an identical copy of the library.db file) - then yes, you can just copy the titlesequence.db file.  But if it has been independently built, then each item will have a different unique ID - thus you cannot just copy the titlesequence.db file I'm afraid.

Agreed and this is something that we may be able to incorporate into the next version.  The 'timings' of the skip are literally a time value - so we should be able to have a setting 'advancing' the Introskip Start by X seconds and also 'delay' the Introskip End by X seconds - thus you always get 'overlap'.

The next version is being built into the Core, so some of these features may need a plugin but as I said above, at the end of the day, they are just 'time stamps' recorded into the database so we can manipulate them as required.

The Core version will have a MANUAL 'button' on the Client - but we may need to wait for the Clients themselves to be updated - no ETA at this time.

@chef - any thoughts ?

Sure thing. The code is actually already there for this. It is currently commented out. 😉

We can certainly put that into auto-skip.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

Is this awesome feature going to be released with 4.7 stable?

The core integration doesn't have an ETA but we do know it's being worked on.

Autoskip in it's current form works with the current Stable version if you replace the ffmpeg executables from the Emby Beta release - no other functions are changed.

see - https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ for details.

Edited by rbjtech

DarKni8
5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The core integration doesn't have an ETA but we do know it's being worked on.

Autoskip in it's current form works with the current Stable version if you replace the ffmpeg executables from the Emby Beta release - no other functions are changed.

see - https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ for details.

Oh, so is there any place i can get latest ffmpeg for Linux ?

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

Oh, so is there any place i can get latest ffmpeg for Linux ?

So Linux should already have the necessary Chromaprint library - run the same tests as in the FAQ and it should tell you.