Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

1 hour ago, STR8 said:

It took a while but the intro skip process was 100% complete 2 days ago and I'm golden the green box pops up letting you know the intro was skipped.

Of course some shows don't have a skip option but those that do the plugin seems to be working perfectly.

Even those shows that start the intro after 2 to 3 minutes into the show it skips and shows the green intro skip box.

Just an fyi I tested on desk top and nvidia shield as that what we use.

Job well done everyone thank you all again 🙏 

That's awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

thunderclap
22 minutes ago, chef said:

Hi!

Yes I understand.

What is your server OS? 

I’m running in a docker container on Unraid, so Linux I guess. 

13 hours ago, chef said:

I would love to know if there is actually better loading times for large tv show libraries.

With 1.91 chromium browsers, pages still crashing with the OOM error for my full collection
Firefox does seem to load a little faster on average? It's at about 30s best case-60s worst case to process the list itself for an initial uncached page load, usually no more than 30s for consecutive loads after that
If I'm watching dev tools correctly, fetching the list itself is instant but processing it is the killer? And it seems to be processing twice? Not sure if I'm interpreting the requests right or not, the 2 highlighted lines appear to have identical headers/responses

image.thumb.png.b1c3384921c8715999fe5fd1ee2fd5eb.png

Interestingly enough, someone mentioned A-Z sorting.. I always assumed the list was actually already was sorted because my list always has been?
But I updated both my release server and beta server to 1.91 of this plugin and the release server isn't showing A-Z sort anymore but the beta is sooo that's odd lol

But anyway, I can sort of use firefox but it still takes a chunk of time to add/remove items from the exclusion list and reload the list
I think I'll have to wait it out for pagination for a smoother experience with my library size 😂

Edited by diogee

32 minutes ago, mbuhmann said:

I’m running in a docker container on Unraid, so Linux I guess. 

I haven't ever run two instances of emby on the same machine. I know it is possible. The ports have to change. 

I just checked, and it doesn't look like the beta server is portable, so it may not be straight forward. I don't know. 

I will mention that behind the scenes, things are in motion to have a stable, integrated release over the next couple... Several...  months. So, as cool as it is to run introskip (biased opinion) it is happening. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diogee said:

With 1.91 chromium browsers, pages still crashing with the OOM error for my full collection
Firefox does seem to load a little faster on average? It's at about 30-60s to process the list itself for initial page load, usually no more than 30s for consecutive loads after that
If I'm watching dev tools correctly, fetching the list itself is instant but processing it is the killer? And it seems to be processing twice? Not sure if I'm interpreting the requests right or not, the 2 highlighted lines appear to have identical headers/responses

Interestingly enough, someone mentioned A-Z sorting.. I always assumed the list was actually already was sorted because my list always has been?
But I updated both my release server and beta server to 1.91 of this plugin and the release server isn't showing A-Z sort anymore but the beta is sooo that's odd lol

But anyway, I can sort of use firefox but it still takes a chunk of time to add/remove items from the exclusion list and reload the list
I think I'll have to wait it out for pagination for a smoother experience with my library size 😂

I'm working on something tonight. Interesting that it is processing the request twice... That doesn't help. I will have to track that down. Probabaly some kind of bubble up in the request function. 

I must have forgotten a 'preventDeafult()' somewhere.

I will find it!

• Like 1

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, chef said:

I haven't ever run two instances of emby on the same machine. I know it is possible. The ports have to change. 

I just checked, and it doesn't look like the beta server is portable, so it may not be straight forward. I don't know. 

I’m also on unRAID, and currently run both a stable and beta Emby Server instance.

Docker containers makes it very easy to run multiple instances of a same app, since each container is essentially a lightweight VM with only what’s required to run a certain program and that is isolated from other containers.

@mbuhmann

If you want to run both, you may want to give only read access to your media library on the second container, as well as a different configuration folder so you don’t mix up the data from both installations. Other than that, make sure your second Emby container has a different host port and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I just realized you’re on a "Linux" platform, which means the stable version of Emby should already have the necessary tools to run the Intro Skip plugin. I still recommend testing in a separate container, but the plugin most likely already works with your stable version of Emby.

Edited by samuelqwe
  • Like 2

rbjtech
8 hours ago, mbuhmann said:

I’d love to test this out on Roku but am leery of installing the beta version of Emby since it’s live for other users. How stable is it? If that’s not recommended is there a way to get the ffmpeg version required for this plug-in to work?

If you are using Windows, then you can simply copy the ffmpeg FROM the Beta and use that (download it only and just extract it somewhere else - NOT over your Stable version!)  - there is no need to install the Emby beta itself.  I've been running this way for months with zero issues.

see - https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ

• Like 2

rbjtech
4 hours ago, chef said:

Just grab the download from the main Git below - extract into it''s own folder.  Shutdown the main instance first.  then fire up the new, change the port in the config,  then restart.  Now you can fire up both instances on the same machine.

Just be a little cautious of using the same data source/library - I always set my beta to only use NFO's - I turn off any metadata providers so it doesn't conflict with my main system.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases

Oh yeah, all Unix based stable releases have the capabilities already. Except TrueNas/FreeNas. Doh! 

@mbuhmann you should be good to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diogee said:

Firefox does seem to load a little faster on average? It's at about 30s best case-60s worst case to process the list itself for an initial uncached page load, usually no more than 30s for consecutive loads after that

I found duplicate call to 'Items', and I fixed it :)  👍

But, Somehow we need to control the flow of series data when populating the select-box. 

Filling it with every series name is extensive with big libraries.

An alpha-picker... maybe? or 'A-B', 'C-D', etc. based on sort name.

pagination isn't going to work here the way we want here, i don't think.

@rbjtech any ideas? should I just bang out an alpha sorter on the table items? 😃

rbjtech
18 minutes ago, chef said:

I found duplicate call to 'Items', and I fixed it :)  👍

But, Somehow we need to control the flow of series data when populating the select-box. 

Filling it with every series name is extensive with big libraries.

An alpha-picker... maybe? or 'A-B', 'C-D', etc. based on sort name.

pagination isn't going to work here the way we want here, i don't think.

@rbjtech any ideas? should I just bang out an alpha sorter on the table items? 😃

Shall we first see if your fix has fixed the issue for the OP ?

There may be no need for any further development work  ;)

1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Shall we first see if your fix has fixed the issue for the OP ?

There may be no need for any further development work  ;)

sounds good. 

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, chef said:

sounds good. 

I genuinely do not think there is an issue with even the old code - on my old Android Phone over wireless, the list loads in about 5 seconds - that's with 600 shows ...

?

Does anybody else have an issue with the list loading slowly ?

Painkiller8818
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

on my old Android Phone over wireless, the list loads in about 5 seconds - that's with 600 shows ...

do you mean the shows list in the plugin? So you are using the browser as i can't access the plugin over the android app?

Painkiller8818

i just tested the select tv show box with my android phone and chrome browser from outside my network.

List shows up in under 1 second, i have about 145 shows.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
Just now, Painkiller8818 said:

do you mean the shows list in the plugin? So you are using the browser as i can't access the plugin over the android app?

yes via Chrome in Android.

Chef has done a lot of work on this view for mobiles and via landscape it all fits in perfectly - portrait you need to swipe to get to the content (which is fair enough).. 

;)

• Like 1

• Fixed Dark theme button issue

editor_fix_color_2.png.a01528e366d897974dfaf30d98931b85.png

• Fixed editor bar adheres to emby theme changes:

editor_fix_color.thumb.png.c637e7e3128ce1ae39b2384ff8b5b062.png

• Moved "EnableFullResults" in Stats from configuration to API (just realizing that the boolean value is actually required when making the request, but the API current has it as not required, I will fix that).

editor_fix_color_3.thumb.png.ae58308f218b8280cd5599133855dc59.png

• code refactor configuration fast load service. Is it faster?

editor_fix_color_4.thumb.png.9c420c758a8f731e43719bb816ddb2e2.png

• Fixed duplicate call to '/Items' on load.

editor_fix_color_5.png.a81ef79d984fa346fff61a35e7773c5f.png

• Alpha-picker code written, and can enable it in the UI for large libraries, if loading times are still excessive.

clear browsing data to show load new javascript :) 

IntroSkip_v0.0.1.93.zip

Edited by chef

I'm also realizing that the browser is making multiple requests to 'Items' to get each individual ID on load.

I should be able to condense into one request.

All the calls in the red box can be made into one, that will also make load times faster..

editor_fix_color_6.png.7dbcdc1bb41fbc03fdb72b292930033b.png

• Like 1

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, chef said:

• Fixed Dark theme button issue

• Fixed editor bar adheres to emby theme changes:

• Moved "EnableFullResults" in Stats from configuration to API
  • code refactor configuration fast load service. Is it faster?
  • Fixed duplicate call to '/Items' on load.
  • Alpha-picker code written, and can enable it in the UI for large libraries, if loading times are still excessive.

Load times on both my PC (~2secs) and Android (~5 secs) are the same - I'm timing in my head, so it may be fractionally faster but I cannot honestly tell - but then again, I don't have any issues with it anyway .. ;)

• Like 1

Painkiller8818
3 minutes ago, chef said:

I'm also realizing that the browser is making multiple requests to 'Items' to get each individual ID on load.

All the calls in the red box can be made into one, that will also make load times faster..

I see on a default windows installation, without IIS or Nginx or anything everything is http1/1 and not http2 request.
lets hope this will change in the next update because this will also speed up the whole thing a lot as there are also many requests in just one with the http2 protocol

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, chef said:

Can you not comma separate the Id's ?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, chef said:

Oh yeah, I noticed this too but only for shows that were "excluded", got too wrapped up in the list itself that I forgot about that! I'll give this latest release a shot and see how my libraries go with it

Edited by diogee