StLDreiling

Luke

Just updated to 121, but it's still remuxing AC3 to AAC.

I just changed the audio output on the Xbox One to Stereo and now the TV only sees PCM, so I think that confirms that the server is remuxing AC3 to AAC and then the Xbox is remuxing AAC back to AC3.

This is not good having two inline remuxes being performed.

You need to look at your xbox audio settings. We simply query the system and it tells us if ac3 is supported or not.

FrostByte

I have my XB set to bitstream DD and it used to try and Direct Play and would crash the app within 15 seconds.  Now the server always remuxes AC3 to AAC since version 116 and then the XB1 converts it back to DD when playing.  Before the Creators Update the app would always Direct Play AC3 correctly.  I assumed this was your work around because the server shouldn't have to convert AC3 at all

CBers

You need to look at your xbox audio settings. We simply query the system and it tells us if ac3 is supported or not.

Well then your querying is broken!

Everything I play on my Xbox, videos or games, all outputs DD to my TV.

I suggest you review your code, as it's obviously wrong.

Also, why does Ember Direct Play everything without the need to remux

Edited by CBers

chef

Guys! Under transcode settings in the server for the Xbox device there are tabs that allow the user to choose which codecs could be used for the device. Is it possible that if a user fiddled with these settings that it could be causing issues with remuxing, transcoding etc.

FrostByte

I haven't changed anything there, it's just the defaults.  Do we need to change something on the server now?  On the XB1 itself you really only have two options, either bitstream AC3, or bitstream DTS.

I know before 116 the app was Direct Playing DD which is what my XB1 is set to bitstream and anything that Direct Played since the Creators Update would cause the XB1 to crash within 15 seconds as Luke pointed out.  Now since v116 the app remuxes AC3 to AAC and the XB1 converts it back to AC3 before playing.  However, it works now :)  I thought maybe this was the temporary work around Luke referred to until he got with MS, but now I'm not sure that's the case

chef

I can't wait to test it again tonight then. I was experiencing freezing but Luke mentioned it could a network issue, so it sounds like good news all around. I'll limit the bitstream and see if I can get it working too.

FrostByte

I can't wait to test it again tonight then. I was experiencing freezing but Luke mentioned it could a network issue, so it sounds like good news all around. I'll limit the bitstream and see if I can get it working too.

The only freezing (sort of) I've seen so far is when the app first starts and there is a long period with just a spinning circle.  I can usually get out of it by clicking the 'B' button though and things seem to be fine after that

Edit: you can load the new XB1 console update that came out today then too :)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

chef

I have a feeling that console update was the one the preview program got not to long ago.

Rock&Roll!

Dankostanko71

I just installed new Xbox One Update 10.0.15063.3054 (rs2_release_xbox_1705.170512-1759) and Emby Update and all of my video playback worked perfectly! Thank you so much for your hard work guys! I can put the Xbox 360 back in my daughter's room now. I love the interface so much better on Xbox One than Xbox 360, it's so beautiful. Thanks again! It's been a few months since this worked properly I have a lot of tv and movies to binge! Bazinga!

xxJonoxx

The server is remuxing AC3 to AAC:

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)

Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

Interesting, mine is showing the same behaviour.

Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 720x400 [sAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 1718 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc

Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg4 (native) -> h264 (libx264))

Actually, a little more playing around; it will transcode this:

Video Codec MPEG4

Codec tagXVID

ProfileAdvanced Simple Profile

Level5

Resolution720x400

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.97604

Bitrate1718 kbps

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

Audio CodecAC3

Layout5.1

Channels6 ch

Bitrate448 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultNo

TitleDolby Digital 5.1

But DirectStream this:

Video CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution1280x528

Aspect ratio2.40:1

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate25

Bitrate3024 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

NAL4

Audio Languageeng

CodecAC3

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleEng Stereo

Once I find a bit more time, I will play a bit and see if I can see a pattern. 

Edit: On a side note, while it didn't crash to dash, playback did just freeze about 6mins in. Not sure if server, client or the actual file.

Edited by xxJonoxx

chef

Interesting, mine is showing the same behaviour.

Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 720x400 [sAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 1718 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc

Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg4 (native) -> h264 (libx264))

Actually, a little more playing around; it will transcode this:

Video Codec MPEG4

Codec tagXVID

ProfileAdvanced Simple Profile

Level5

Resolution720x400

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.97604

Bitrate1718 kbps

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

Audio CodecAC3

Layout5.1

Channels6 ch

Bitrate448 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultNo

TitleDolby Digital 5.1

But DirectStream this:

Video CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution1280x528

Aspect ratio2.40:1

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate25

Bitrate3024 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

NAL4

Audio Languageeng

CodecAC3

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleEng Stereo

Once I find a bit more time, I will play a bit and see if I can see a pattern.

Edit: On a side note, while it didn't crash to dash, playback did just freeze about 6mins in. Not sure if server, client or the actual file.

Luke had mentioned to change the bitrate for the Xbox app. Lower it.

I did that, buts one of my file still froze, while other played.

chef

I put on "Lego - Brickumentary" it has ac3 audio and is encoded with X.264 video... Ac3 audio anyway.

It froze on the opening credits. But my son was watching Smurfs and it was playing last night before bedtime. I turned off the movie and he had played it in the theater... Suprise! At least I was...

I'll post codecs if it helps.

FrostByte

I put on "Lego - Brickumentary" it has ac3 audio and is encoded with X.264 video... Ac3 audio anyway.

It froze on the opening credits. But my son was watching Smurfs and it was playing last night before bedtime. I turned off the movie and he had played it in the theater... Suprise! At least I was...

I'll post codecs if it helps.

Chef, do you know if it was Direct Streaming or Playing?  AC3 no longer DPs for me since v116.  Thanks

chef

Chef, do you know if it was Direct Streaming or Playing? AC3 no longer DPs for me since v116. Thanks

Well, smurfs was definitely direct playing because there wasn't a heavy load on the processor (I was in the server room coding and I have some CPU LEDs that tell me when users are causing heavy CPU loads on the server), Brickumentary was transcoding for sure. I limited the mb/s to the lowest 1080p stream in the theatres config but unfortunately it still froze.

FrostByte

Direct Streaming shouldn't cause any extra workload (after the initial remux) would it?  AC3 just remuxes (to AAC) now and streams for several of us now when it used to direct play as DD.  Do you have remux logs when playing AC3 content you can check for?  Thanks  

It's really a big coincidence that a lot of us noticed it started with v116, so something must have changed with that version I would think

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

@@chef As @@FrostByte says, since Luke put out his "workaround" (v116+) to fix the crashing out back to the home screen, AC3 is being remuxed to AAC.

This in turn is then causing the XB1 to remux AAC to AC3 on the fly, as my Xbox One is set to output DD.

Nothing Direct Plays any longer, so we just need you to confirm please.

Check for an ffmpeg-remux log and what the status is in the dashboard during playback.

Perhaps the SMURFS movie was already AAC?

Do you have @@7illusions EMBER app installed on your Xbox, as that still does Direct Play without the need to remux?

Thanks.

chef

Yea smurfs was acc audio. Okay, that makes sense to me now.

• Like 1

CBers

Yea smurfs was acc audio. Okay, that makes sense to me now.

So do you have any AC3 content you can test?

chef

Anything other then acc audio freezes about 10 to 20 seconds into playback. Most of my videos are AC3 because I watch most of my content on Xbox one.

I have some DTS and DTS-HD stuff but my network never really handled it well so I tried to encode or aquire AC3 whenever possible.

I can post logs.

CBers

Anything other then acc audio freezes about 10 to 20 seconds into playback. Most of my videos are AC3 because I watch most of my content on Xbox one.

I have some DTS and DTS-HD stuff but my network never really handled it well so I tried to encode or aquire AC3 whenever possible.

I can post logs.

Perhaps a new thread might be appropriate?

FrostByte

I've noticed lately it will freeze for a few seconds too before restarting by itself. 

I also started getting an annoying buzz for a few seconds on my home theater system a couple times throughout all movies now.  I don't have this issue with Tizen, Orsay or Ember.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

chef

I've noticed lately it will freeze for a few seconds too before restarting by itself.

I also started getting an annoying buzz for a few seconds on my home theater system a couple times throughout all movies now. I don't have this issue with Tizen, Orsay or Ember.

Wait! Is it like a wierd digital buzz, like a really bad ringtone?

FrostByte

Wait! Is it like a wierd digital buzz, like a really bad ringtone?

Yes, makes the wife jump which is kinda funny :)