StLDreiling

FrostByte

Just noticed that if you watch the dashboard long enough that one minute it will say it's version 1.1.71.6 and then the next it will say 1.1.98.6.   Odd that it keeps going back and forth like that.  Probably not a big deal though.

UnderMiner

Hello,

All content playback still crashes to the home screen in less than 15 seconds.  Are others experiencing this issue?  I could not find a location on the Xbox one s creator's update that displays the version of the installed software.  Should I remove Emby and re-install?

Thanks for any advice,

FrostByte

I believe everyone is experiencing this with some or all their stuff.  Bigger files seem to be more troublesome in my experience.  The last I saw Luke is aware of the issue and looking into it.

The only place you can really tell what version you have with the XB1 app is to go to the dash board in the web client and it will show the version there under Active Devices if the app is running.  If you have the Windows app also you can go into the Windows Store and see the version there under "Downloads and updates".  The Windows and XB1 store apps are typically the same version and get updated at the same time since they share a lot of the same code.

UnderMiner

Thanks FrostByte,

I have Emby Theater version 1.1.98.0 installed on Xbox One S and Emby Theater 2.0.1 on Windows 10 (version 1607).

FrostByte

Ok, that is the latest.  I have those also and the latest UWP ET from Windows app store right now is 1.1.98.0 too

chef

Not sure if this helps at all, but the most recent version Of the theater of Xbox one will no longer crash back to dashboard for me, but rather it will just freeze on a frame in the movie.

Edited by chef

FrostByte

Just downloaded .100, keeping fingers crossed

Edit: nope, crashed to the dashboard again about 10 seconds into direct play of movie.  Looks like 100 update didn't have the fix for this

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

xxJonoxx

The only place you can really tell what version you have with the XB1 app is to go to the dash board in the web client and it will show the version there under Active Devices if the app is running. If you have the Windows app also you can go into the Windows Store and see the version there under "Downloads and updates". The Windows and XB1 store apps are typically the same version and get updated at the same time since they share a lot of the same code.

Go into my games and apps

Apps - Highlight Emby

Menu button (the one with the two boxes)

Highlight the installed version over on the right

Press Left Bumper+Right Bumper+Menu all at the same time.

You should get a screen with the version, install date etc (don't post your DeviceId)

• Like 2

FrostByte

Apps - Highlight Emby

You should get a screen with the version, install date etc (don't post your DeviceId)

Wow, there it is at the top. 

I wonder why they couldn't just put the version on the manage app page.  I normally use a media remote when watching movies so I'll have to try and figure out the bumpers or just grab the controller for this I guess

Thanks

FB

mathandhive

New xbox firmware update for me just now, its weird, movies it crashes, shows it seems ok.... are u guys still suffering the crashes? 

CBers

Apps - Highlight Emby

Cool.

Version 100 still crashing to the home screen after ~15 seconds.

Back to the drawing board :)

mathandhive

Yeah i dont really wanna be transcoding to be fair, seems if i transcode stuff i need to reboot the server after i watch stuff for a while lol :( 

CBers

I just noticed .101 released today and will try when I get back to the house

.101 still bombs out to dashboard for me if I'm direct streaming

Yep, still crashing back to the Xbox homescreen after about 15 seconds with .101 :(

n3w813

Same crash after 10-15s direct play for me also.

Xbox One S on creator's update

Emby Theater on latest version (uninstalled and reinstalled)

Emby Server (tried both latest stable and beta versions)

chef

Same crash after 10-15s direct play for me also.

Xbox One S on creator's update

Emby Theater on latest version (uninstalled and reinstalled)

Emby Server (tried both latest stable and beta versions)

"Uninstalled and reinstalled" did I miss something in the thread? Should I be doing that to in Xbox?