StLDreiling

CBers

Luke - I have Plex installed and it is Direct Playing content, which Emby is still remuxing:

Plex

59522de46826f_Screenshot20170627at105943

Emby

59522df6409e4_Screenshot20170627at110319

As you know, @@7illusions Eber also Direct Plays.

Any update on getting Direct Play for Emby ET re-instated please ??

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

OK, so with the latest version of ET on my Xbox One (138), it's still remuxing AC3 to AAC, so effectively transcoding and causing the XB1 to remux the AAC to AC3. The dashboard is still saying Direct Streaming, which obviously is incorrect.

Ember still Direct Streams the same content, although in the dashboard it says Direct Play, which also is incorrect.

chef

Cbers, will the theater in Xbox one actually play a movie from beginning to the end? My experience has been that it stops playing about 10 minutes into the movie.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by chef

CBers

Cbers, will the theater in Xbox one actually play a movie from beginning to the end? My experience has been that it stops playing about 10 minutes into the movie.

Not sure about a movie, but TV episodes ply OK.

catskinsox

Last time I tried, mine was doing the same thing.  I have since switched to Plex.  At least for now.  If Emby can get working properly for me, I'll switch back.

FrostByte

No issues here playing full length movies.  I'm on the latest public update on XB1 and the latest app, version 138

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sean Forester

It is being looked into, thanks !

@@Luke I'm sure you already know, but just in case you're still chasing it down, it appears that ET on XBONE is reporting the device as a windows machine instead of XBOX One. 

• 2 months later...

@@CBers

@@FrostByte

@@Scott310

@@chef

@@Bert

@@Deathsquirrel

@@nomatches4mikey

@@Jdiesel

@@darkassassin07

An update to the Xbox app is rolling out. Microsoft has resolved a number of playback related issues in the Fall Creators update, and our new app update will take advantage of them. Make sure your Xbox One is fully up to date with all system updates.

Thanks !

• Like 2

What the fix for? I never really noticed a problem?

Most users would probably not notice it. A defect introduced in the March Creators Update prevented our ability to direct play most video files. We had to use a workaround to have the server remux them on the fly into a different format.

So basically everything was playing fine, just not in the most optimal way possible.

PrincessClevage

Most users would probably not notice it. A defect introduced in the March Creators Update prevented our ability to direct play most video files. We had to use a workaround to have the server remux them on the fly into a different format.

So basically everything was playing fine, just not in the most optimal way possible.

So we should see more "Direct stream" in stats for nerds if the device is capable ?

FrostByte

I'm watching The Dark Knight direct play AC3 right now.  Haven't been able to do that in awhile. No remux or transcoding at all.  Very nice :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

techywarrior

Great, will definitely try it out tomorrow (can't tonight) but that whole issue with the stream causing the Emby Theater app on Xbox to stop playback (and later just require a remux) has made me not use Emby on Xbox One for months now. (it's not my optimal playback device anyways but will be nice to have the option again)