StLDreiling

CBers

Just updated to .111 and it's still crashing after ~15 seconds of playback.

• Like 1

djmoi

This is so frustrating on my xbox one, mp4 H.264 5.1 audio files still crash even on the new updated app. Everything else seems to be ok. I don't know what MS did during the xbox one creators update but it completely wrecked the encoding.

This is so frustrating on my xbox one, mp4 H.264 5.1 audio files still crash even on the new updated app. Everything else seems to be ok. I don't know what MS did during the xbox one creators update but it completely wrecked the encoding.

I'm finding that MP4, H.264, Stereo 2.0 files are also causing the new, updated version of Emby Theater to crash with the latest XB1 updates...

FrostByte

I encode all my BDs with h264 mkv 5.1 AC3/DTS and they all crash XB1 ET within ~15 seconds.  The only thing I found I can get to play with ET right now is low bitrate stuff like trailers, etc.

Ember still works :)

Unfortunately, I can't get either of my two Xbox Media Remotes to play nicely with Ember...no FF or RW or Chapter Back...

Can you confirm your issues are direct play only? I don't see any crashes when ffmpeg is involved.

FrostByte

Can you confirm your issues are direct play only? I don't see any crashes when ffmpeg is involved.

Just tried several movies using the most current version 1.1.113.6. 

For mkv movies with AC3 it is trying to DP and crashes at ~ 10 - 15 seconds every time. 

When playing movies with DTS it will remux to AAC and play all the way through, though it seems to pause a quick second throughout.  I think it may be when it switches to a new segment in the transcoding-temp folder when it pauses because it seems to be happening right around 2 minutes which is how long each of the segments is when it remixes.  It's real quick though

Edit: wouldn't you know.   It looks like .114 just showed up in the store after I tested

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

CBers

ET on the Xbox One updated to .114, but still crashes out to the home screen after ~15 seconds.

You can actually reproduce this in the Edge browser on the xbox using http://tv.emby.media. So I am working on getting the information I need to get direct support from Microsoft on this. In the meantime I believe I've found a workaround.

• Like 2

FrostByte

You can actually reproduce this in the Edge browser on the xbox using http://tv.emby.media. So I am working on getting the information I need to get direct support from Microsoft on this. In the meantime I believe I've found a workaround.

Thanks for the info

mythofechelon

What's the update on this and an ETA for the fix? This has been going on for far too long.

delicac

That's great news Luke, thank you. Are you able to share timelines for when the update will be made available please?

• Like 1

FrostByte

We have an update pending that will resolve it, thanks.

It looks like the fix is out there v116.  Worked so far for me.  Thanks

I'm guessing the work around referred to was to remux all audio codecs to AAC so they don't DP.  Shows that normally tried to DP and killed the app now remux and DS.  But they work :)

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Luke - so it looks like v1.116.6 stops the crashes, but what is actually happening is a bit confusing, so I'd like clarification please.

I'm still seeing DD on my TV with v1.116, as my Xbox One is set to bitstream DD to my TV.

The server is remuxing AC3 to AAC:

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)

Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

So as I see DD on my TV, is my Xbox One remuxing AAC back to AC3.

As you said, this is a workaround and not the final fix, so I can live with it for the time being, but this still needs to be fixed once and for all.

Has @@7illusions been contacted, as Ember still works fine and Direct Plays (and no, Direct Stream/Remux isn't the same as Direct Play)?

Also, as Ember still Direct Plays without remuxing, is this really a MS issue?

Please advise.

Edited by CBers

mathandhive

Was working well, then the spinning circle happened, then an sql update on linux server happened,, now it crashes again,,so close lol

FrostByte

Second update today, jumped all the way up to .120  Still working here on XB1 using DS and AC3

TrainAss

I updated my Emby Theater (1.1.120.6) and so far it's working. I noticed the stream progress bar is blue and does the doubleline (like if it was transcoding); I assume this was the remuxing?

So far so good! Will keep posted though.

CBers

Luke

Just updated to 121, but it's still remuxing AC3 to AAC.

I just changed the audio output on the Xbox One to Stereo and now the TV only sees PCM, so I think that confirms that the server is remuxing AC3 to AAC and then the Xbox is remuxing AAC back to AC3.

This is not good having two inline remuxes being performed.