StLDreiling

techywarrior

Tested last night and it worked the best it has in months.... I could actually watch something start to finish with no problems.

• Like 1

You can thank Microsoft for both the problem and solution that took 7 months to deliver.

Typical.

FrostByte

anyone experiencing like a dark/blurred playback?  firefox and android tablets are fine.

Do you have the Halloween theme on?  Something is wrong with that theme and it causes everything to be dark, even media

• Like 1

francisuk1989

Do you have the Halloween theme on?  Something is wrong with that theme and it causes everything to be dark, even media

Yes i do!

ill test this out later and let us know.

Since the Halloween update im seeing the same issues on the xbox 1 s with the screen going dark & dull

Ive tried everything possible to disable but it keeps auto re-enabling

Any advice?

All other devices work fine

FrostByte

Since the Halloween update im seeing the same issues on the xbox 1 s with the screen going dark & dull

Any advice?

I just loaded update v170 this morning and see the same.  Halloween theme turns media dark and keeps turning itself on.  Hopefully the next version will fix it.

CBers

I just loaded update v170 this morning and see the same. Halloween theme turns media dark and keeps turning itself on. Hopefully the next version will fix it.

Seeing the same here as well with v170.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Is there no option to turn off seasonal themes?

In settings you can, but on the XB1 the Halloween theme turns itself back on

• Like 1

CBers

Any advice?

Looks like it's bring reported elsewhere: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52357-dark-overlay-on-videos-halloween-theme-related/

Hi Luke

​When did this update come out? I had an update last night that I completed.

​I can't seem to locate the version number on the app but it had an update done last night and since then I've had this issue.

​Regards

​Austie

FrostByte

Hi Luke

​When did this update come out? I had an update last night that I completed.

​I can't seem to locate the version number on the app but it had an update done last night and since then I've had this issue.

​Regards

​Austie

That should have been version 170 which came out last night

It's not in the app itself, but you can do the following:

Go to Games and Apps

Then down to Apps

Scroll over to the right and highlight the Emby ET app (do not click to start)

Hold the Left bumper, Right Bumper, and View buttons all at the same time

Let go and a box should pop up and the version is on the top line.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just tested version 171 with the Halloween theme no longer causes screen to be dark during playback.  Thanks

• Like 1

UnderMiner

Hello,

I have Emby Theater 1.1.171.70 installed on Xbox One S and I still cannot change the theme or prevent the Halloween theme.

For the past several weeks, the app does not respond to the settings for skip forward or back.  For example if I set the skip forward to 30 seconds or to 5 seconds, it still ships for approximately 15 seconds.

I know that these may be separate items but it does not remember my request to change theme or to shut off the Halloween theme and it does not save settings for skip forward or skip back.

So awesome the new update fixes everything

Cant turn the helloween theme off no matter what I try but the fact that everything works and isn't darkening on me me is awesome

Thanks frostbite for that info on how to find the app details.

• Like 1

UnderMiner

I want to acknowledge all of the updates that allowed direct play on the Xbox, everything is improved since the changes.  Speed is better and files that previously did not play are now playable.  We use the software everyday to record TV and have not noted any audio issues for a few days.  Thanks for your continued work and improvements!

In terms of the settings, next week I may uninstall the app from Xbox and then reinstall.