167 replies to this topic

#161 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10955 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

I've seen a similar issue. Sometimes I've started (I think after an update) those have been missing or the UI is not as it should be. But when I close it, wait a minute, then restart, it corrects itself. I've also been replacing electron, due to another issue. Luke, could this be related to electron?

#162 mystic.bertie OFFLINE  

mystic.bertie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • LocationSharnford England

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Today i tried the 2.7.1 version.

I still have the same problem with the menu's. Electron is still crashing too when i force ET closed.

ET is playing the bluray folders fine, skipping is possible but it is slow and pauses before playing again. These movies transcode and they are on the same pc as Theatre and Server.

The movie i had problems with 'come and find me' still does not play in the correct order, i get the trailers 15 minutes into the movie, if i try and skip to the end it freezes. MPC-HC plays it fine.

#163 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10955 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

Do you want the trailers? I would just remove them all and only have the movie file. As for electron. Try replacing the electron folder/files with an older version.

#164 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124094 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

Please try the portable version here:

https://emby.media/c...eater-mpv-test/

and let me know the result. thanks.

#165 mystic.bertie OFFLINE  

mystic.bertie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Do you want the trailers? I would just remove them all and only have the movie file. As for electron. Try replacing the electron folder/files with an older version.

No i dont want trailers, i just want the movie, this movie im having trouble with has a few m2ts files which make up the maain movie, the files are not played in the correct order, so 15 minns into the movie i get the titles which should be at the end, then it continues onto the next m2ts file. It may be a bad remux but MPCHC plays it fine. Should i just delete this movie and hope i dont get any other like that?

How do you go about using an older version of electron, i downloaded electron but there was no exe file so i just forgot about it.

Please try the portable version here:

https://emby.media/c...eater-mpv-test/

and let me know the result. thanks.

Ok cheers Luke, ill try this over the next few days  hopefully, working weekends at the moment and it sucks. 

#166 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124094 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

You can just use the latest 2.72 because it has all the newest changes rolled in.

#167 mystic.bertie OFFLINE  

mystic.bertie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

Today i got round to trying out 2.7.2 and its good new all round, everything is fixed apart from the pinning to the taskbar isuue which i can live with.

The movies i tested were mkv and bluray folders. All movies direct played. They skipped forwards and backwards using the chapter and skip buttons with no problems and the skipping forward/ backwards was almost instant. The problem i movie i had with multiple m2ts files, that also played just fine and in the correct order. Theatre also opens and closes without issues and all menu items are still in place.

Its great to see all the big issues fixed at once, great update indeed. 

Well done Luke, great work indeed.  :D

• Doofus likes this

#168 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124094 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movie, restart, skip, chapter, forward, rewind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users