Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

• 2 weeks later...
Soultaker

I've been working on the "people panel" on the final media details page, I'll probably be shipping this change soon unless there is a huge outcry to keep the old look.

new-people.jpg

Just for reference the old people panel

june-specials.png

• Like 4

Cheesegeezer

Very nice ST, I think the new look is much cleaner and more.... errr.... SQUARE ;)

Soultaker

Found out that the new people panel could cause issues for a network setup. So I had to add an option to turn it on in the config under experimental.

people-panel.jpg

Oh yea almost forgot the new version of Square is completely free! Again thanks for y'all support.

• Like 2

techywarrior

ST, for "Next Up" in the TV View it doesn't respect the user settings as to what can be displayed. I have certain folders not included in the TV view but their next episode(s) are showing in Next Up.

It was discussed a bit in this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14979-next-up-displaying-content-from-folders-not-included/&do=findComment&comment=155562 because I thought it was a server API issue.

Ebr said that the API call can be limited to the parent Id (TV view I suppose) but that since Next Up isn't part of MBC you'd have to make the adjustment.

I think the only way he could make this work the way you are expecting would be to use the Server's views API call to get the user views and then find the TV view and use that for the parent Id on the Next Up call.  I'm not really sure how he would reliably find the right one though other than just taking the first one of TV type.

techywarrior

Maybe I am not understanding the API call (I honestly haven't bothered to look at the specific API in question) but from a logical standpoint isn't there only a single TV View? Or at least one parent TV View id per user?

A lot of the old folder types were removed in order, to simplify I suppose, but now that I reworked the structure to adhere to the new folder type these issues are popping up.

I don't believe there is anything that is identified as a "TV View" at all (Luke can clarify if I'm wrong).  Instead, what you get are a bunch of folders and each one of them has a "CollectionType" associated with it.

The special system-generated "TV View" would have a type of TV but so would any other media folder you had told the system not to combine into that view.  For anyone who hasn't reordered these items, the first one should be the one that they want but that is an assumption that won't always be correct.

Redshirt

When you request the views you get a list that contains the various folder amalgamations, plus one for live TV and one for channels and one for playlists. The last three are depending on actually having content or a live tv provider. There's a special collection type (livetv) for live TV.

Edited by Redshirt

When you request the views you get a list that contains the various folder amalgamations, plus one for live TV and one for channels and one for playlists. The last three are depending on actually having content or a live tv provider. There's a special collection type (livetv) for live TV.

Right, but if you had indicated one of your TV Media Folders to NOT be included in the TV view, then that folder would also be delivered and would also have a type of "TV Series".

techywarrior

Hm, Well if that's the case then I think there are some serious logic issues with how all this stuff has evolved or is setup.

Luke has made a lot of changes in order to simplify what was becoming unmanageable (my guess as to his thought process) but it's left a lot of functionality that "worked" no longer working. 

This may partly be a failure of the client devs to be able to update as fast as MBS but I think that's unfair. I structural changes are going to be made then a lot longer should be given for implementation. Server side security was phased in over a long period of time and that transition went pretty well. On the other hand things like Trailers being completely changed and functionality lost twice in the past 4-6 months I don't think was handled nearly as well.

The only issue here is MBC and the fact that it doesn't use the Views API and, at the moment, that is by design because making that change will cause a much larger uproar than not making it (and have potential technical issues).

techywarrior

Same exact issue in the WinPhone app and that appears to use the views (but could be a bug as opposed to a lack of implementation as in MBC)

techywarrior

@@techywarrior Let me know how you get on with 1.12.8.0 marked as a BETA for now...

Looks perfect. None of the content in the folder which isn't part of "TV" are showing up anymore in the "Next Up" list in TV in Square.

Soultaker

Out of curiosity, ST, what approach did you take to find the proper parent ID?

In Square Next Up is shown for specific folders, in this case folders that contain tv shows, and therefore I already know the id and simply amended my query to pass that data in. BTW the new authentication stuff is a pain in the neck for regular folk like myself to debug or analyze without resorting to packet sniffing/spoofing... I feel an ST rant coming on so I'll choose to end my message here.

Take care.

-ST

• Like 1

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  Glad it was easy - aside from the testing.  Yes, swagger is pretty much useless now except as a reference doc because the security won't allow it to work.

For future reference, you can grab a valid access token and put it in your query as api_key and that will allow the queries to run in a browser.