Status of Tizen

KRA

I know you have, but where does the issue lie ??

With Emby or with Samsung ??

Just trying to get a little more information, rather than "we are working on it" :)

We've answered that question previously as well and it hasn't changed.  It is a bureaucratic issue not a technical one.  Providing software through a 3rd party across different countries introduces a huge number of issues.  Companies like Apple, Amazon and Google set their systems up from the get go for this type of thing and also cater to small developers - other companies not so much.

Could also do with splitting the Samsung Smart TV forum to Tizen and Orsay sub-forums.

@@Abobader ??

Good day,

Till the truth buddy, I start to dislike "sub-forums" lately, but simple in thread subject that it Tizen or Orsay will be easy solve problem:

Tizen - I have trancecode issue with 4k title on KU model

etc.

But maybe @@ebr and @@Luke have another view on this.

My best

CBers

Till the truth buddy, I start to dislike "sub-forums" lately, but simple in thread subject that it Tizen or Orsay will be easy solve problem:

Just as well you don't Admin the Kodi forums :D

I just thought it would be better to separate the two types of Samsung TV OS.

• Like 1

lol Keith ..

You all have a good point, but (personal view) it too early to split the sub-forum now, let see what Ebr and Luke agree on this or not.

I think sub-forums are problematic and we've been looking to eliminate them where possible.

For this specific example, many users would have no idea if they are tizen or orsay and would, therefore, probably end up posting in the wrong sub-forum :).

in short, I don't think it is a big enough problem for us to try to do anything to solve it yet.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Would be nice if we could retire this thread soon though because its gone way beyond the scope of the original post.  It's almost time people start creating their own thread with a meaningful subject rather than piling everything into this one thread.  Would make it easier for others to search for similar issues.  As long as people provide their model number and app version number along with a description of the problem that is

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Great news. 1.0.21 has launched and continues to improve direct play support for 4K and HEVC content.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For those running 2015 entry level Tizen TV's, these models actually use the old Samsung Smart Hub App Store (called Orsay). We are pleased to announce that Emby is now available for these models. You can learn more here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46162-emby-for-samsung-now-available-for-orsay-2015-devices/

Enjoy !

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A major new update has gone out for 2016 tizen devices. There are lots of new toys to play with - themes, filters, view settings, the new option for the vertical home screen.

We are trying to get this approved and released for 2017 before we announce it. Thanks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...