Status of Tizen

KRA

With .19 I think you should be able to do chapter selection from the details screen. It's a good start

• Like 1

gbone8106

Luke, Below I have supplied 2 clips of movies that are transcoding, they direct played on the non-tizen app, and also via HD/USB. Can you take a look and see if they transcode for you as well. I believe 1 is video issue(stereo high 4.1) and the other (DTS recognized as opposed to DCA). Also any word on the 4K HEVC resolutions?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMbYws-QjAbzFU0DX1-NhZbGWTp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMbYws-QjAbzFY3myHiBwUI_bBX

Thank you

Edited by gbone8106

The 1.0.20 update has been approved for all devices, now we're just waiting for it to launch. Thanks.

• Like 2

CBers

The 1.0.20 update has been approved for all devices, now we're just waiting for it to launch. Thanks.

Still only in the Us, or WorldWide ??

It is primarily to improve direct play of high bitrate content such as 4k video.

That great news, well done Luke.

Still can not see the new build at Samsung Apps.

aragornfbm

In the 1.0.19 release, the navigation bar disappears when I play videos with the following characteristics (i.e. screenshot). I can't bring it back, and when I try to go back to the main menu, nothing happens. After pressing multiple times the Return button, the application just quits.

On other videos, everything is working correctly.

587f81a8ec37f_Capture.jpg

Just an update - this is still in a state of waiting to launch. Usually it launches within 24 hours of being approved. From now on I just won't say anything until it has launched. Thanks.

CBers

1.0.20 has launched.

Only in the US though?

What is the issue with getting it made available worldwide please?

Only in the US though?

What is the issue with getting it made available worldwide please?

We've already gone over it previously. We are working on being able to release it worldwide. Thanks.

is it possible could split the topic off for now? so Status of Tizen - US and Status of Tizen - ROW or WW... that way won't be any confusion and people interested in the ROW release can just follow that thread and wait for notifications there instead?

FrostByte

is it possible could split the topic off for now? so Status of Tizen - US and Status of Tizen - ROW or WW... that way won't be any confusion and people interested in the ROW release can just follow that thread and wait for notifications there instead?

Maybe when Luke updates the release notes thread for .20 he can mention it's for US release only and we're still waiting for WW approval.  Then people can just look at that.

CBers

We've already gone over it previously. We are working on being able to release it worldwide. Thanks.

I know you have, but where does the issue lie ??

With Emby or with Samsung ??

Just trying to get a little more information, rather than "we are working on it" :)

CBers

Could also do with splitting the Samsung Smart TV forum to Tizen and Orsay sub-forums.

@@Abobader ??

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1