Status of Tizen

KRA

This worked for me too here in the uk - only downside, lost all UK based apps (even though they are installed previously).

Sure others wont be bothered though, nice share!

Edited by Rowlett

OK, I've tried that. First, I think there is a stage missing in your guide. I think the sequence to press is mute, return, vol up, ch up, mute.

However, I have to search for Emby as it does not show up in any of the tabbed sections. When I click on it I keep getting Unable to connect to the Samsung server. Please try again later. (AS415). (I am logged in to my Samsung account.)

That is different from the error I get when I try to download BBC iPlayer, which I know won't work. That just gives an error Unable to download.Please try again later (Code:227).

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't Emby show up in one of the tabs of apps?

By the way, I have tried both with and without using openvpn to use a US source.

TIA.

Edited by njf

Why not just change the region of apps store? Works for me in AU on K series.

Was a fairly painless exercise.

Go to live tv 

select menu

select setup

continue setup but before accepting app store agreement press mute, vol up, ch up, mute.

menu pops up to change region select USA.

didn't worry about re-scan just selected no signal available.(kept the channels tuned)

Waited for it to install all other apps

Install emby

Connect to server. done.

Well done!

I could not manage to find "Emby" until I search it and happens to be in "What New", I miss it becouse of the icon, hardly notice it was emby :)

Down-side to this, it do not accept my Samsung account any more, always say incorrect id/password.

My best

OK, I think I fixed it - in case someone else has a similar problem.

I had changed my region to a different one and then back to US again. Still the same error. However, I then went to the Smart Hub menu on the TV and selected Reset Smart Hub. After it did it's stuff reinstalling apps, suddenly Emby appeared in What's new and I've just installed it! I then used my old Samsung account login and that still seems to be working.

Good day,

All done here, I manage to login to my Samsung account, the trick, to simply type the full email, I was simply pickup the cached suggestion one, for that the problem, after typing all, it login.

BTW, I know about the remote trick in the past, but tried it before, it did not work, I tried it today based on constantcharge suggestion, I just need it to go one page back, then again, till it work.

@@Luke

I test the arabic srt (external) and it did not work.

Also, it seem it transcode as well, not direct play for 4k movies.

I will test more and give better feedback.

Well done.

My best

• Like 1

If I switch to US to install Emby, does that remove non-US region specific  apps (such as BBC iplayer)?

Edited by cmcg

If I switch to US to install Emby, does that remove non-US region specific  apps (such as BBC iplayer)?

Unfortunately, it does. I've decided for the moment I prefer Emby to BBC iPlayer in my apps. Will change my region back when Emby is available on Tizen worldwide. I will use my Roku for iPlayer until then.

Edited by njf
  • Like 1

AgileHumor

Installed this on 4 TV's this holiday and it worked great!  Thanks @@Luke!   Great Job!

One request, can't find an option to turn off theme music/video. Was really slow over the remote internet.

Repro:

1. Logon
  2. TV Shows Libarary
  3. i.e "Vikings" Series
  4. 20 Second Wait/Spinner then backround theme video would start playing. 

Other than that (and it crashed a few times loading the theme video while navigating too quickly)...it seems to work well.

• Like 1

1.0.18 has launched and is a minor update that improves the skip forward & back functions and also updates to the latest Emby Theater interface.

Hopefully by the end of the week we will submit 1.0.19, and this will add lots of HEVC direct play improvements.

• Like 3

Good day Luke,

Well done, I do not know how Samsung app work, but I force to delete it then reinstall it back to get the latest ver.

I notice better control in operational on the media, but when I go to some large library and go to some movie details, scroll down to the actors list, then going up and it hung there, I force to restart the app, other than that, it look better.

My best

Forgot to add, still as the others reported, back to in setting for theme do not work, need to click on profile then home again.

Where can I see the version number please?

And what were the skip improvements? I'm hoping something like the Plex app. Up for +10 minutes down for -5.

Thanks

the skip improvements were very minor. to skip forward and back using the user defined increments, we were using a seek command, but there is a native tizen command that we switched to instead. the version number is currently not displayed in the app, we'll have to add that, for now you would have to check in your tizen installed apps list.

• Like 1

the skip improvements were very minor. to skip forward and back using the user defined increments, we were using a seek command, but there is a native tizen command that we switched to instead. the version number is currently not displayed in the app, we'll have to add that, for now you would have to check in your tizen installed apps list.

Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps the skip change will fix the endless spinning icon issue, finger crossed.

There is no version number in the apps list that I can see. 

I can see for other apps but not emby.

I uninstalled / reinstalled so i guess i would have the new one.

Good day,

Go to App on your Samsung, then you will find Emby on what new section, click on it and move by the remote to the left and click on more, scroll down and you will see the latest ver and the ver you installed.

My best

• Like 1

Smaky

I have changed my TV region to US... but now whenever I try to install the app I get an error message stating "Unable to connect to the Samsung Server. Please Try Again later (AS415)". I read one post about reseting smarthub but I do not get this option on my TV (or cannot find it) I have a Series 7 55" TV

I have changed my TV region to US... but now whenever I try to install the app I get an error message stating "Unable to connect to the Samsung Server. Please Try Again later (AS415)". I read one post about reseting smarthub but I do not get this option on my TV (or cannot find it) I have a Series 7 55" TV

Is yours a J series Tizen? Mine has a Menu option Smart Features. In that the bottom option is Reset Smart Hub. That is what I had to use.

We've submitted the update to improve direct play of high bitrate and 4K content. I will keep you guys posted on the status of the submission. Thanks !