PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

kwilcox

Hi guys,
long time no see the forum..., but in this meanwhile I did some progress on learning how the app works and the code.
I did some changes on the styles and I can get a more stilyst interface, with more transparencies and with the backdrops more visible  :P

everything is just tests, i'll put some pics later.

More visible backdrops would be nice.  I was going to tweak that myself.  What selector is it in?  I'm currently giving myself a headache trying to get key selection working in Server/User.js so you don't need a mouse to submit the respective forms.  No luck yet.  This is a requirement in order to submit the app to the app store.

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

Hi guys, as promissed follows some pics of my progress on the styles, for the backdrops more visible I set the alpha channel of some objects, for example the body of the main app page, I do changes in alpha octets of background-color property in the sections #view and #header:

5751e329a0adf_alpha.jpg

almost all the magic is done in the applications.css stylesheet, the major problem i'm faccing is the fact of too much sections having shared classes, that is, one change can do changes in many elements at same time, instead on just on element you want..., so I need to recreate some elements to reach the desired look.
I need to learn a bit more the CSS language  :D

So let's the pics

Splash screen
5751e71da8523_SPLASH.jpg

Server setup
5751e73c3878a_SERVER_SETTINGS.jpg

Choose user
5751e777291b2_USERS.jpg

Main page
5751e79989161_MAIN.jpg

Movie details
5751e7b348349_MOVIE_DETAILS.jpg

Movie gallery
5751e7d55d958_GALLERY.jpg

that's it for now

kwilcox

Brighter backgrounds are nice.  Thanks for the loc!  Good work on server.js/user.js mods too.  Much cleaner than mine (which was just a quick workaround).  I'll be sure to post kbd based enhancements (enter submits) so you can incorporate!

Celso_Marques_Pe

Of course it needs lots of work, rework the objects's positions, font sizes, cover sizes and lots of stuff. This is just to show you how I think the app could looks.

If some other guys could help on design would be great.

So now, waiting for your improvments!

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00F usando Tapatalk

anderbytes

Guys, I've managed to test the app in my WebOS 1.0 TV for now... It's working OK, but has lot to be done.

Will point out some stuff here, to-be-done:

1. Missing INFO in details screen: Screen Size (Ex: 720p) / Video Codec (Ex: H264) /  Áudio Codec (AAC) / Channels (Ex: 5.1)
2. Create a config screen or bring the server's for the logged user
3. Auto-scroll when pointer cursor reaches borders of screen
4. Font-size in details is too small
5. No auto-subtitles loading (not respecting user prefs)
6. No options to enable/disable subtitles, change audio...
7. Streaming not working for 1080p
8. Not playing Theme background music
9. Missing buttons on details screen (watch / like / dislike / favorite)
10. Missing actor links (see cast, their details...)
11. Missing "Similar to..." other movies/series

12. Allow changing of user rating by clicking the stars in movie details

13. Couldn`t find how to logoff and avoid auto-connect by someone without my password

14. Needs a cooler icon (mine here appears blue at the background)

Now that I managed to install the whole WebOS IDE, maybe I'll try to have some time within the code, like you guys.

Just please keep the repository updated in GitHub.

Great job!!!

kwilcox

Nice list!  I'm streaming 1080p on WebOS 2.0 however so not sure if that is a bug or not.  I suspect it has something to do with WebOS 1.0 <video> tag capabilities.

I'd add: 

No "Resume" capability.

What to prioritize for a usable submission as v1.0 to the web store?

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

Bugfix/feature add: now informs Emby server when playback is halted.  This corrects a replay issue and I believe it will also cause emby server to note playback status better.  Brighter backgrounds compliments of cmarques are also included.  Green button toggles playback controls again.  I just like that a lot for viewing playback status with a standard remote...

anderbytes

Nice list! I'm streaming 1080p though on WebOS 2.0.

I'd add:

No "Resume" capability.

What to prioritize for a usable submission as v1.0 to the web store?

I did some testing with the 2.0 webOs (40'' TV), and the screen was strange, like it was 150% zoomed, lot of stuff doesn't fit the screen.

My suggestions for priority:

- New: non-magic remote can't control UI in webOs 2.0 (will test more)

If the 1.0 comes with the above, would be usable

If the below optional could be fixed, would be an awesome premiere for 1.0

Edited by anderbytes

kwilcox

I'm using a logitec harmony remote to control my WebOS 2.0 TV and it seems to be working fine on the app.  left/right/up/down/ok buttons do most of the work.  Issues are:

• No way to back up one screen; you must use the up arrows to go to the home icon instead.  
  • In alphabetized list mode, the up arrow won't jump into the detail if a movie that starts with that letter doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what to say about the 150% zoom issue.  I can't reproduce it on the WebOS 2.0 emulator or on my WebOS 2.0 55EF9500.  

WebOS is choosing the blue background for the emby icon btw.  I'll force it to white.  There's not a lot to work with for the icon itself.

Edited by kwilcox

anderbytes

I'm using a logitec harmony remote to control my WebOS 2.0 TV and it seems to be working fine on the app. left/right/up/down/ok buttons do most of the work. Issues are:

• No way to back up one screen; you must use the up arrows to go to the home icon instead.
  • In alphabetized list mode, the up arrow won't jump into the detail if a movie that starts with that letter doesn't exist.
I'm not sure what to say about the 150% zoom issue. I can't reproduce it on the WebOS 2.0 emulator or on my WebOS 2.0 55EF9500.

WebOS is choosing the blue background for the emby icon btw. I'll force it to white. There's not a lot to work with for the icon itself.

OK, let's keep testing. If someone else has a 40'' 2.0 would be great to help testing, too

About the remote. I use the official that came with TV. Don't have an universal one

Jonz

Really love how the progress is coming along. Keep up the good work guys. Lookin forward to a release in the store soon

kwilcox

I think I might know what the standard remote issue is and its based on the contents of an individual Emby catalog and your preferences for how to organize it.  There is a condition where the focus isn't set properly to one of the green buttons on the left side of the catalog view in the Emby for WebOS client.  If nothing has the focus, then the standard remote doesn't work.  Looking at it...

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

@@cmarques: I'd like to incorporate your graphics.  If you want to collaborate, feel free to create a branch of the repo and put in a pull request for your images folder changes.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

Hey folks, here's a quick update:  I have the initial server login screen sorted so that it now works with non-magic remotes, I have a better Emby Icon, and am working on the user login logic.  I've incorporated some of cmarques' look and feel for the initial screens too:

Here's the new emby icon:

newembyicon-vi.png

Here's the new server login screen:

embyserverscreen-vi.png

Here's the current user login screen.  I need some opinions here:

embyuserscreen-vi.png

My question is this: Do you want Emby WebOS to list users as above, or do you want something more like the server login screen where there would be a textbox where you can enter the user and another textbox where you could enter the password, then a submit button?  I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

I've also followed cmarques' lead to improve the poster backdrop by increasing the brightness across the entire area:

embyposterchanges-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

The changes have been pushed.  Unfortunately, people without a magic remote still won't be able to get up and running because I have not made my navigation changes to the user login screen yet.  Soon. :)

I still haven't fixed the focus issue that is preventing the standard remote from working correctly with certain library combinations.  However, I know how to fix it now.  That and the user login screen are my current priorities.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

I have the user login working with standard remotes now!  Changes pushed.  If you only have a standard remote, this app should now work for you.

embyuserscreen1-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

@@cmarques: I'd like to incorporate your graphics.  If you want to collaborate, feel free to create a branch of the repo and put in a pull request for your images folder changes.

Hi man, sorry I could not look at the latest messages, was travelling...
I'm pleased to see the improvements, I like the new login and server screens, I think it goes better with just one field to fill and submit with Enter button.
I'm gratefull you can use my ideas to the design, and of course I want to share everything I can help. The graphics, you mean just the splash backgroung or also the logo?

I took a look on the github, but I'm confused on how to submit something there  :rolleyes:

cmarques
off topic question...

I'm having troubles on my vbox emulator, it suddenly started givin me erros of low memory and I still can't fix it, it's hard to check the changes only on web browser because it not always reflects the real change. Did you have this kind of erros?

kwilcox

off topic question...
I'm having troubles on my vbox emulator, it suddenly started givin me erros of low memory and I still can't fix it, it's hard to check the changes only on web browser because it not always reflects the real change. Did you have this kind of erros?

I've had this many many times....  In my case, its the WebOS emulator, not vbox itself.  I do this to fix: Fire up the installer and choose uninstall.  Uncheck everything but the WebOS TV emulator that's giving you the problem.  It will uninstall the emulator.  Now close the installer, re-open and choose install.  The webOS emulator will be availabe to install.  Check it and a fresh copy will be downloaded/installed.

Edited by kwilcox

anderbytes

@@kwilcox, I hope you plan to fix at least those critical stuff I mentioned before publishing 1.0

Having no subtitles for us non-US is PAINFUL, also 1080p in my WebOS 1.0 still brings me a black screen instead of movie. It only gets the total duration and then...nothing

kwilcox

count on it.  Subtitles I can do with setup.    I also want to fix the catalog horizontal scrolling issues.  1080P on WebOS 1.0 may not be possible though because I'm pretty certain that this capability is based on native WebOS browser functionality  due to the use of <video> tags to support playback.

Edited by kwilcox