PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

kwilcox

Repo updated: during playback, (fttb) the magic remote green button now toggles a player control which features fully functional Play/pause and stop buttons along with a video seek bar.

I'm working on a way to tie the control's visibility to the appearance/disappearance of the mouse pointer on a magic remote.  There's probably a LG specific event that fires for this...

embywebos3-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

update: added elapsed/duration times to the video control bar.  That should do it for this mod.  Settings page is next I think.

Capture2-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

Hi guys, new build working great!

Well done @@kwilcox

Some pics (not so good pics, sorry) of the app running on my TV, for those who wnt to see it in action.

573b205a52b56_P_20160516_234739.jpg573b21a41e2d0_P_20160516_234900.jpg573b21b2c4b96_P_20160516_234957_HDR.jpg573b21bf306b7_P_20160516_235403.jpg573b21c9b1e93_P_20160516_235453.jpg

anderbytes

Well well well... we have a fellow Brazilian here  :-DDD

Unfortunately... speaking portuguese here would only confuse other users. but... "Ótimo trabalho, cara!"

• Like 1

kwilcox

Nicely done and glad to see you have it working on your LG TV @@cmarques!  I forgot to add that I'm also looking at the WebOS 3 storage issue and hope to figure out why its is not saving server name/login user data.

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques
Hi man,
at this last build I can't see the movie controls and also lost the green button ability, now it sends me to the splah screen...

I did a new splash screen, what about it? and am also working in a translated ptbr version (for my daily use :lol:  )

573e70ccc86d5_P_20160519_223650.jpg

Edited by cmarques

kwilcox

Activating the mouse with the magic remote should bring up the video controls when the mouse moves.  Let me know if this is working for you and what your thoughts are.  I kind of like the green button option myself but I'm being told that this won't be acceptable to LG.  The rationale is that this control is supposed to be for remotes that don't already have hard buttons for play/pause etc. so it should be activated by the mouse.

Edited by kwilcox

dragon2611

I had a quick play with this...

Well I say quick after jumping through the hoops required to get the TV in Dev mode (I think if I ever met the person who designed that ridiculous system i'd want to punch them in the face), anyway it looks like the App cannot handle it if the emby server is configured to hide the users from the login screen.

Also the login box and server Select box isn't selectable with the remote, I had to use a mouse (Actually the LG developer mode app had the same problem had to connect a mouse to even turn on dev mode)

So sadly that was as far as I got.

mmesnjak

Well I say quick after jumping through the hoops required to get the TV in Dev mode (I think if I ever met the person who designed that ridiculous system i'd want to punch them in the face), anyway it looks like the App cannot handle it if the emby server is configured to hide the users from the login screen.

Also the login box and server Select box isn't selectable with the remote, I had to use a mouse (Actually the LG developer mode app had the same problem had to connect a mouse to even turn on dev mode)

So, can you provide us with the quick tutorial on how to put TV in dev mode and build and deploy the app?

kwilcox

Correct on Dev Mode.  I'll even hold the guy for you first then we can switch because...  the TV wlll also auto delete the app and disable Dev mode after a week or so.  Also correct on the initial login screen.  You need a magic remote or mouse connected currently.  There's a key mapping issue that I did a quick workaround for.  Now that I know a bit more about the program, I'll have a go at fixing it.  I can't publish the app to the WebOS store unless either remote (magic or standard) can be used.

Interesting issue you note on hidden users; the program was designed to iterate through non-hidden users and allow you to select.  I myself created a special user for use with WebOS Emby.  Issue or feature I wonder....

Edited by kwilcox

dragon2611

My Emby server is internet reachable, whilst I know security through obscurity doesn't add that much I don't like the idea of having a list of usernames being presented to anyone who happens to stumble upon it.

At the moment I have a Plex server running alongside my Emby server as I can't help notice the micro stutters on playback from the FireTV and to a lesser extent the chromecast using the offical Emby Apps, trying the Xplay unofficial plex client on the TV and it looked ok but actually need to sit down and watch something and see how it pans out.

Would be nice to have a native app running on the TV as it would mean I Don't need an external player connected at all then.

Annoying as the older Samsung TV in my bedroom has an Emby app (Sideloaded it from a forum post on here) and that works quite well.

Edited by dragon2611

dragon2611

So, can you provide us with the quick tutorial on how to put TV in dev mode and build and deploy the app?

There's nothing Quick about Dev mode on the LG TV's

https://github.com/simonjhogan/PLAYz-Media-for-PLEX/wiki/webOS-installation read that upto The step about creating the IPK package

Then you have to instead follow the process here after that as they'll no longer sign test packages.

https://developer.lge.com/webOSTV/develop/web-app/app-test/

Then if you manage all that you'll probably want to join me and @@kwilcox on the list of people who'd like to punch whoever came up with that ridiculous system in the face.

cmarques
Hi guys,

long time no see the forum..., but in this meanwhile I did some progress on learning how the app works and the code.

I did some changes on the styles and I can get a more stilyst interface, with more transparencies and with the backdrops more visible  :P

everything is just tests, i'll put some pics later.

anderbytes

Is it possible to post an IPK or each of us has to compile by himself ?

cmarques

I can send you an IPK package, but you will need the IDE environment ready to deploy the app to the TV in anyway

anderbytes

I can send you an IPK package, but you will need the IDE environment ready to deploy the app to the TV in anyway

I have the IDE and those little apps to deploy it, that's the easy part.

Compiling is the hard part.

Why don't you publish every updated IPK in the GitHub? This way we don't have to bother you  :-)

cmarques

I have the IDE and those little apps to deploy it, that's the easy part.

Compiling is the hard part.

Why don't you publish every updated IPK in the GitHub? This way we don't have to bother you  :-)

so, i'm the dev, @@kwilcox is heading the development, i'm just working around with some adjusts to my own use, but of course i can share if someone are interested.

don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but compiling on IDE is just 2 clicks and you also can compiling and deploy to TV at same time.

I always do thus:

57504031f2f66_snip_20160602111703.png

edit: and set my TV as the target
Edited by cmarques

anderbytes

so, i'm the dev, @@kwilcox is heading the development, i'm just working around with some adjusts to my own use, but of course i can share if someone are interested.

don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but compiling on IDE is just 2 clicks and you also can compiling and deploy to TV at same time.

I always do thus:

57504031f2f66_snip_20160602111703.png

I've been using the command-line version of the IDE apps. Don't remembery why, just now.

Anyway... for we that just want to help test and improve the software, having the IPK is very convenient.

But I'll try to give a chance to the graphic IDE one of these days...

cmarques

I know, and it's really more convenient in this case  :D

so, get my version on this link I can't manage to attach the file here, but other users be advised, it is optmized to brazilian language, and it's still buggy in some pages.

cmarques

That splash screen is pretty cool.  Can you change out the blue background for black?

Hi @@kwilcox, the backgroung is actually white but because the ambient lights it seems blue :P 
I have changed it a bit, I think it got better.

5750724665988_playzembylogofullstacked.j
  • Like 1

anderbytes

I know, and it's really more convenient in this case  :D

so, get my version on this link I can't manage to attach the file here, but other users be advised, it is optmized to brazilian language, and it's still buggy in some pages.

Hi... Does that works with any WebOS version? Cause I have different TVs here with webOS1 and webOS2   :-//

Celso_Marques_Pe

Hi, if the apps compiled in the webos 2.0 sdk works also on webos 1.0, so this app should really works on both.

If you have webos 1.0 and also 2.0 TVs, would be nice if you can test for us.

My TV is webos 2.0, and I have only this TV.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00F usando Tapatalk

kwilcox

you can also quickly deploy to a connected target device by simply hitting the green play button on the IDE:

Capture2-vi.png

Connect to your targets using the target configuration window (window->show view->target configuration)

Capture3-vi.png