PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

anderbytes

count on it.  Subtitles I can do with setup.    I also want to fix the catalog horizontal scrolling issues.  1080P on WebOS 1.0 may not be possible though because I'm pretty certain that this capability is based on native WebOS browser functionality  due to the use of <video> tags to support playback.

Thanks and...  what a pity about the browser playback support  :-///// sucks

About the horizontal scroll. I accidentaly found that if the remote has the scroll button (vertical one), it serves the purpose actually pretty well.

kwilcox

I just had a thought about your issue as I was verifying that 1080P movies play on my LG TV.  I did notice that I get a black screen for a bit (about 5-10 seconds) while its buffering the movie.  Which got me thinking: How fast is the network connection on your TV?  Mine connects over 802.11N giving about a 400-500 Mbps connection to my emby server.  I don't think the movie would play if the connection was over 54 Mbps 802.11G.

I'll test this app on the webOS 1 emulator tomorrow and see if it reproduces the issue.

anderbytes

Here is G Wifi, and the average speed is 2.0 Mb/s. But in dlna I can watch the vídeo normally

kwilcox

That may be because in dina it is transcoding.  2.0Mb/s is maybe the root of the issue since this app doesn't transcode.

anderbytes

That may be because in dina it is transcoding.  2.0Mb/s is maybe the root of the issue since this app doesn't transcode.

Probably no... because I disabled transcoding for anything at all, I avoid it at all costs. I even use ffmpeg in a daily basis to reencode all my media do H264 and AAC, that are very basic standards that probably all TVs support

anderbytes

I'll tonight do one more test about this: will wait like 1 minute to understand if it is a buffer being filled.

kwilcox

Guys, Luke has requested that I rebrand so that he can have the name "emby" for their upcoming Emby Theater for LG TVs app.  Want to help?

We would rebrand to "<name> for emby".  "<name> for emby"  would show on Splash Screen/upper left brand, <name> would appear under the Emby Icon for the icon.

Suggestions/graphic content are welcome!  Icon needs to be 80x80 (I will do after we have <name>), upper left is  250x60, splash is 700 x 700.  

Edited by kwilcox

anderbytes

What about naming it "Kwox", in thanks for your dev work?

"Kwox for Emby"

After you guys decide the name... I'll try to help with logo and icon, too.

cmarques

I've had this many many times....  In my case, its the WebOS emulator, not vbox itself.  I do this to fix: Fire up the installer and choose uninstall.  Uncheck everything but the WebOS TV emulator that's giving you the problem.  It will uninstall the emulator.  Now close the installer, re-open and choose install.  The webOS emulator will be availabe to install.  Check it and a fresh copy will be downloaded/installed.

Hi @@kwilcox, finally I was able to get the emulator working again, thus I got test some more changes I made in the visual layout, see some shots below.

About the naming maybe we should ask Simon some sugestion, because the first code was provided from him (it's a variant of his Playz app), of course you are putting too much work on it now, and it's great!! ... but don't know i think we should ask Simon's opinion.

I like this name I use Emby for WebOS... its not just Emby and thus fits this "problem". I like the ideia to remember that the apps is for webos specifically.

folows the pics

main page

576440409c750_main_page.jpg

main page with focus on an item

576440a67c2de_main_page_focused.jpg

movie detail

576440d3bedb7_movie_details.jpg

all movies page

5764410533522_all_movies.jpg

all movies with focus on an item

5764412c9102f_all_movies_focused.jpg

gallery

5764414702a9b_gallery.jpg

gallery with focus on an item

576441633213e_gallery_focused.jpg

not Emby for WebOS because that will sound like it's coming from the core team. A unique name or unique name + " for Emby" are both great. Just avoid anything that starts with Emby.

Those screenshots look great by the way.

kwilcox

I like it too but Emby for WebOS starts with "Emby" which is the problem.  I get Luke's point.  Maybe we name it "Cine" or something far cooler.  Think of a word that invokes a home theater.... Maybe we could put "powered by Emby Server" on the splash/banner.

@@anderbytes: Bad news.  I can re-create your 1080P issue on the v1.3 emulator.  So it looks like a WebOS browser capability issue.

maybe...

ViewPoint