PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

cmarques

Splash screen:

Capture4-vi.jpg

did you intend to keep a background behind, on the splash and server/user screens?

kwilcox

I was thinking about keeping it black there.  The latest version on Github drops in a special black backdrop when server/user login screens are selected.  I like this more with font on powered by gets smaller:

Capture-vi.jpg

• Like 1

cmarques
I also like that, screenPlay sounds great!

I'll do some tests on tv tonight

simonjhogan

Like what you guys are doing well done :-) if I can find the time I may pitch in, always happy to advise LG can be fickle.

S

• Like 1

kwilcox

I'll say.  I need to tackle the catalog code itnf and fix horizontal scrolling so the list scrolls before the highlight is half off the right side of the screen.  cmarques' recent adjustments to application.css are great too and need to be incorporated.  A setup screen is a must also for subtitles and other prefs. I'm going to add "setup" to the catalog list to accomplish this from a UI perspective.  I need to add a resume option...

Do you think that the hardcode in emby.getVideolsStreamUrl is contributing to why 1080P playback doesn't work on WebOS 1.0?  I'm hoping that the problem isn't what I suspect it to be....

DavidO01

"screenplay" in ariel bold isn't gonna cut it tho... I'm an engineer not a graphics artist lol

Try the "screen" in Helvetica Neue Ultralight, in the green color. "Play" in Helvetica Neue Normal, in white, with the play symbol superimposed in green.

And delete the webOS logo - one logo is enough. If you want the "for webOS" use simple text.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DavidO01
  • Like 1

anderbytes

I'll say.  I need to tackle the catalog code itnf and fix horizontal scrolling so the list scrolls before the highlight is half off the right side of the screen.  cmarques' recent adjustments to application.css are great too and need to be incorporated.  A setup screen is a must also for subtitles and other prefs. I'm going to add "setup" to the catalog list to accomplish this from a UI perspective.  I need to add a resume option...

Do you think that the hardcode in emby.getVideolsStreamUrl is contributing to why 1080P playback doesn't work on WebOS 1.0?  I'm hoping that the problem isn't what I suspect it to be....

searching for "720" in Github code shows that and other more file that also hardcodes 720 as some kind of fallback.

Is it possible to create some log screen or throw log at server emby log file?

kwilcox

Try the "screen" in Helvetica Neue Ultralight, in the green color. "Play" in Helvetica Neue Normal, in white, with the play symbol superimposed in green.

And delete the webOS logo - one logo is enough. If you want the "for webOS" use simple text.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Icon:

Capture6-vi.png

Banner:

Capture3-vi.png

Splash:

Capture5-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

kwilcox

Ok, right brain exercise complete.  Working on Settings logic now.  What should be here?  I've heard:

subtitles on/off

Other items for the settings screen?

Here's how the UI will work:

Capture7-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

anderbytes

Ok, right brain exercise complete.  Working on Settings logic now.  What should be here?  I've heard:

subtitles on/off

Capture7-vi.png

What about using preferred audio language and subtitle language from user profile? And only creating a way to change it DURING the playback.

Other than that... font size could be configurable (here it is still too small on movie details and sinopsis)

kwilcox

the font size too small fix is in and will go out with the next push.

Capture6-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques
Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm not really finding much time these last days to help the project.

because of all these new changes, I downloaded a new package from github and I'm doing my tweaks over it, thus, I have my code in sync with the last one published.

I hope I can give my contribution still this week.

what do you think about these splash screens? 

I really love the movieplay version, the name sounds pretty much to this project.

sorry @@kwilcox I really think a backgroung image is to much elegant  :P

576acc39a66c2_screenplay.png

576acc510e2d6_cineplay.png

576acc65344bc_movieplay.png

• Like 1

kwilcox

The background splash image and logo layout for the screenplay example is very cool!  I'm going to stick with screenplay for the name because this project and really the app itself sort of is one...

If you can get your background image to me (link or github), I'll incorporate and change the stacked logo accordingly.

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

Ok, let's continue with screenplay as app name and concentrate the efforts on the other jobs  :lol:

get the .psd file here, you can also play with the image to get this look at the server/user/settings screens, I think it looks great

576af67fe8fb1_settings.png

Maybe include a setting to change subtitle color.

Ok, right brain exercise complete. Working on Settings logic now. What should be here? I've heard:

subtitles on/off

Capture7-vi.png

anderbytes

Hi guys,
Sorry, I'm not really finding much time these last days to help the project.
because of all these new changes, I downloaded a new package from github and I'm doing my tweaks over it, thus, I have my code in sync with the last one published.
I hope I can give my contribution still this week.

what do you think about these splash screens? 
I really love the movieplay version, the name sounds pretty much to this project.

sorry @@kwilcox I really think a backgroung image is to much elegant  :P

576acc39a66c2_screenplay.png

576acc510e2d6_cineplay.png

576acc65344bc_movieplay.png

My contribution...

MoviePlay is a little confusing, because it also has TV (and LiveTV), Music, photos...etc..

CinePlay suffers a little from the same thing above, but OK

ScreenPlay is my favorite, even more because the icon looks like 3 screens in layers...