PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

This is an early release preview not full featured ... It will only play single video files at present ... Select a video in your collection to play it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, looks good. Can't wait till the first Alpha or Beta version to be out.

Might be a daft question, but do the updates just push to us automatically? Nothing we need to do on our end?

simonjhogan

Might be a daft question, but do the updates just push to us automatically? Nothing we need to do on our end?

Correct the app is hosted so you don't need to do anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WhyNotPurple

This looks so very promising, its hard to hold in my enthousiasm! I'm a fond user of the PLAYz app you wrote for Plex. Emby looks like a very promising system, but unfortunately there has, until now, been no way to easily use it on my (old) LG TV from 2012 (42LS575S).

I have tried the NetCast version of the app and it looks very good. I am able to load it and connect to the server without a problem. However, I am unable to do anything more than that. I see the posters of shows and movies loading, but if clicking on anything has no effect. I'm not sure if this is because the app is still in its infancy, but I read in this thread that people are playing video, so I thought maybe it is interesting to report this.

Is the abovementioned automatic updating also applicable for NetCast TV's? or is that just for WebOS?

Thank you so much for making this! This is awesome and you are awesome for doing it!

simonjhogan

This looks so very promising, its hard to hold in my enthousiasm! I'm a fond user of the PLAYz app you wrote for Plex. Emby looks like a very promising system, but unfortunately there has, until now, been no way to easily use it on my (old) LG TV from 2012 (42LS575S).

I have tried the NetCast version of the app and it looks very good. I am able to load it and connect to the server without a problem. However, I am unable to do anything more than that. I see the posters of shows and movies loading, but if clicking on anything has no effect. I'm not sure if this is because the app is still in its infancy, but I read in this thread that people are playing video, so I thought maybe it is interesting to report this.

Is the abovementioned automatic updating also applicable for NetCast TV's? or is that just for WebOS?

Thank you so much for making this! This is awesome and you are awesome for doing it!

Thanks mate ... not sure why you can't play movies I am using it on a netcast 4 tv and others have it working on older versions plus webOS ... would be helpful if you could record a video so I can see what is happening.

Also what version of netcast are you running?

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by simonjhogan

WhyNotPurple

Thanks mate ... not sure why you can't play movies I am using it on a netcast 4 tv and others have it working on older versions plus webOS ... would be helpful if you could record a video so I can see what is happening.

Also what version of netcast are you running?

Cheers,

Simon

Thank you for your answer. I'm not sure how to find the NetCast version. The TV is running the latest firmware, v04.62.10, might that be the version number you are looking for?

The first time I started the app, it asked me for the server's address followed by the user. I didn't fill out a password because I haven't set up a user with a password. After that I went to a sreen that shows the libraries on the left and pictures of files in the libraries on the right. I can move the focus to all menu items and the picture, but clicking on any of them does nothing. Now when I open the app I immediately go to that last screen where I can change the focus, but nothing else.

I am also experiencing some playback issues with my TV when using Plex (suddenly only mpeg4 videos work, all other formats report as 'failed'). I think it is an unrelated issue, but maybe it is not. I'm going to do a factory reset and see if that helps. I'll let you know if something changes. If not, I'll record a video of what's happening.

Deihmos

I just got around to testing the app. The first thing I notice is that everything is small. Here is a screenshot.

The app is very responsive but I did not get anything to play. Is playback working?

post-164-14486340569203_thumb.jpg

Webos UB9500 4K TV

Edit. Had to restart embryo to get video playback working. All the videos are transcoding and the back button to stop the videos does not stop the transcode. More than likely an issue with the server. 

Edited by Deihmos

WhyNotPurple

Unfortunately I was not able to remedy the problems I had with my TV completely. Everything now seems to work except for the Playz for Plex app that I have on the usb stick. There everything works as expected except that videos no longer play, they just show a brief text "audio failed to load", followed by a "loading" sign that stays on forever.

As for the way PLAYz Emby works, I made a video as you requested: https://vid.me/PQK4 Sorry for the bad quality, my shitty phone is not up to the task to film a TV. Hope it is still clear enough what is happening. And hopefully it will help you with developing another great app!

Cheers!

Edited by WhyNotPurple

simonjhogan

I just got around to testing the app. The first thing I notice is that everything is small. Here is a screenshot.

The app is very responsive but I did not get anything to play. Is playback working?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1448634056.344672.jpg

Webos UB9500 4K TV

Edit. Had to restart embryo to get video playback working. All the videos are transcoding and the back button to stop the videos does not stop the transcode. More than likely an issue with the server.

I haven't had a chance to optimise for webOS resolution yet ... And I am still working on play back functions ... Cheers

przemekkukla34@gmail.com

i bought your app from LG smart world, but its playz media ... for plex :D I know, i'm a dumbass, is there any chance to connect it with emby server ?

Can't wait to have a look at the WebOS improvements - have been away for a couple of day, back tomorrow - so will have a look then :)

Joe Labero

I only get the icon on the bottom with other icons but pressing it ...nothing happens....I got t up on screen like smartshare app and can see the local synology server sharing of the movie catalog and posters.. and play the misuc. but no emby interface.

I do not get it up and running... I put in an usb stick and placed the files like this on the stick.. is that correct on a WEBOS2 LG TV?

USB: /developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/au.com.sithari.emby.playz/

Nothing happens

DavidO01

All working perfectly for me with the webOS version. My only problem is that the TV cannot pull down the video fast enough and it stutters. It's not a transcoding issue at the Emby end so I may be stuck with it.

Joe Labero

I only get the icon on the bottom with other icons but pressing it ...nothing happens....I got t up on screen like smartshare app and can see the local synology server sharing of the movie catalog and posters.. and play the misuc. but no emby interface.

I do not get it up and running... I put in an usb stick and placed the files like this on the stick.. is that correct on a WEBOS2 LG TV?

USB: /developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/au.com.sithari.emby.playz/

Nothing happens

Can someone tell me if this is the correct way to fill the usb?

Then on a Webos2 LG 65" start /install the app? I have not been able to install the app it only find the icons....

/Joe

Deihmos

@@Joe Labero If you see the icon and it doesn't launch then you are not signed in with an LG account. It only works when signed in.

Edited by Deihmos

Joe Labero

@@Joe Labero If you see the icon and it doesn't launch then you are not signed in with an LG account. It only works when signed in.

How do I sign in on the TV? I do not find anywere hos to sign in on the TV....except for doing it on the webbrowser...but I do not think that is the meaning.

I thought it should be inside the advanced settings...but its nowere.

I have a new WebOS2.0 65" TV and would like to test the EMBY app fully....Am I so ....confused....or what do I make wrong.. I do not have the possiblity to login 

to my LG account except from the PC.... in my kitchen :)

DavidO01

@simonjhogan: The files I'm playing are 480p so do not think transcoding is the issue. I et the same issue trying to play them directly from SmartShare.

@@Joe Labero: file path matches mine so it must be the sign in that is the problem. To be honest I don't remember doing this but have vague memory of a "Sign in using Facebook" button at some stage when first setting up the TV.

Joe Labero

@simonjhogan: The files I'm playing are 480p so do not think transcoding is the issue. I et the same issue trying to play them directly from SmartShare.

@@Joe Labero: file path matches mine so it must be the sign in that is the problem. To be honest I don't remember doing this but have vague memory of a "Sign in using Facebook" button at some stage when first setting up the TV.

Sign in using facebook did actually work. so now I have tested it.

I found several things that is too lazy.

First picture after startup works....

Then when pressing a recommended movie it can come up in a few sec or after 1.5minutes.....its really slow.

After that when trying to play the movie.....it starts more or less after a 3-5sec then smootlhy perfect for 10sec. then stops I guess its a test beta version of code.

But the picture is good and sound also.

1080p movies only .

I have one folder with above 2000pcs 1080p and when trying to list other movies than the once in the recommended first picture.....all is black.

I tried to press character A to see all that movies... but... black screen for many minutes....

Tell me if you want me to tet more or give me updated code.

My server is Xpenology Linux version. Processor i7. Enough memory.

All works perfectly from an ordinary Laptop to play all movies.....

i have also a question how to change subtitles etc... when movie started. but I guess all is just a test build for testing 10sec.....letscontinue.

Else all seems fine..

Please ...make it final :)

przemekkukla34@gmail.com

Ok, I launch the app, works fine, looks even better but I wonder if it is any way to install this on TV, any advice  ?

simonjhogan

Ok, I launch the app, works fine, looks even better but I wonder if it is any way to install this on TV, any advice ?

You can't install test apps only apps acquired thru the lg store

Joe Labero

You can't install test apps only apps acquired thru the lg store

Can the App be downloaded now from LG STORE on a WebOS 2.0 new TV?

Or is it still just Beta from an USB stick?

It would be perfect Simon if the release also have a small guide with pictures on youtube when all is done for people to test and the product will expand even more..

Cause its really nice.