Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Not yet, but I've only played episodes so far. Will try a movie tonight

It was happening during TV episodes.

I don't have library scans running during the day now, or on server restart, so I know it's not that.

I've also changed the Clean Database task to only run during the night now as well.

If we were Direct Playing, then I could rule the server out entirely.

Why aren't we Direct Playing any more?

FrostByte

@@Oleg If 593 doesn't work then he can probably still get you 590, I believe it was forked so the code is still out there.   What version of server are you on?

@@CBers I'm not sure.  I'm thinking it has to be a change on the server side though, because chess was obviously not around

• Like 1

FrostByte

It is true.

86.14.255.93 The server is not responding

I just reloaded 593b off server .93.  Maybe try it again

You're on the same version of server as me then (beta)

FrostByte

Have you tried playing the video from the webclient?  Is it possible it's a problem between the server/NAS?

Edit: Maybe post a pic of the Samsung app log if it shows anything of significance. 

Edited by FrostByte

@@Oleg 0.590 has been reinstated as the stable release while I look at your issue. Please reinstall from 173.230.139.54.

Thanks for the logs and clear bug reporting.

• Like 1

Hopefully I have traced the problem reported by @@Oleg last night. It is restricted to D series devices and was caused by me when I addressed the Direct Play / Direct Stream UI issue.

That fix in no way changed whether your client streamed or transcoded a file, but some logic further down that was added specifically for D series got twisted.

@@Oleg, I would be grateful if you would try beta v0.593c and feedback to us. I will leave 0.590 as the stable release for you to drop back to.

v0.593c

Fixed: NetworkDisconnected error on D series devices.

Fixed: Top left area of player should be left blank if no logo available. (thanks @@paulsalter )

Fixed: Play All TV series does not play next episode. (thanks @ and others )

Fixed: Track number often displayed as ? in music player.

Fixed: Count undefined when selecting Music --> Album Artist or Artist.

• Like 4

FrostByte

Heh, cool and I just started adding "1" to the disc number for all my single disc albums :)  Guess I don't need to do that anymore

No. I think it's reasonable for this to be not set when it's a single disk. I'm sure other media clients must make that assumption.

• Like 1

Hopefully I have traced the problem reported by @@Oleg last night. It is restricted to D series devices and was caused by me when I addressed the Direct Play / Direct Stream UI issue.

That fix in no way changed whether your client streamed or transcoded a file, but some logic further down that was added specifically for D series got twisted.

@@Oleg, I would be grateful if you would try beta v0.593c and feedback to us. I will leave 0.590 as the stable release for you to drop back to.

v0.593c

Fixed: NetworkDisconnected error on D series devices.

Fixed: Top left area of player should be left blank if no logo available. (thanks @@paulsalter )

Fixed: Play All TV series does not play next episode. (thanks @ and others )

Fixed: Track number often displayed as ? in music player.

Fixed: Count undefined when selecting Music --> Album Artist or Artist.

Excellent.
Thank you so much. Today definitely try.

As promised, according to the logs 0.593b

post-52239-0-84220500-1443607376_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-81286300-1443607379_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-12470700-1443607383_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-20639100-1443607386_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-45330400-1443607389_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-25339600-1443607392_thumb.jpg

post-52239-0-40999000-1443607395_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

FrostByte

No. I think it's reasonable for this to be not set when it's a single disk. I'm sure other media clients must make that assumption.

Agree, this is an old bug I brought up awhile back that can be crossed off the loooooong list now.  Thanks

It still transcodes (and stops) when trying to play any song after the first song of any album, playlist, etc.  ;)

http://pastebin.com/YuTQ9ymg

http://pastebin.com/DF0bfHhZ

Do you not use UNC or Path Substitution :

file:"D:\Music\Nirvana

Shouldn't that be \\server\Music\Nirvana ??

I have music in my Emby library and the same TV as you, so I can replicate what you do if you tell me ??

FrostByte

I don't use UNC or Path Substitution.   Right now my server and media are all on the same computer so I never needed to.  Do you think it would help?  I don't have to do this with 7's app or using DLNA

CBers, if you can.  Just play any playlist (albums do it to).  I've seen 2 others say the same so hopefully you can confirm :)  The first songs always plays without transcoding, any song after the first will always transcode.  There should be a transcode log and server log.  With mp3 playlists it transcodes and keeps going.  With wma playlists or albums it plays the first song and then just quits when trying to transcode the second song

Edit: here's one of the other posts I found.  Unfortunately for me 99% of my files are wma and it doesn't continue like with mp3

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21991-music-mp3-playback-transcoding-after-first-title-pictures/

Edited by FrostByte

Issue confirmed on my F8000. Unable to replicate in the SDK emulator. That might help me work out what's going on there.