Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Happy2Play

So the app won't be rewritten for SDK2? I'm sure it's a lot of work so hopefully some of these features will be included in the main emby app.

The official app is the rewritten Roku app and no longer open source so it is on the users to push for updates that you think are needed.

Edited by Happy2Play

mediacowboy

Or maybe we can hope and pray @@speechles doesn't like the new app and will create his own. Kidding.

In all honesty this app has served my family well and I look forward to what the core developers decide to do and will continue to use this app until it's tune comes.

Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 1

mikeraburn

Or maybe we can hope and pray @@speechles doesn't like the new app and will create his own. Kidding.

In all honesty this app has served my family well and I look forward to what the core developers decide to do and will continue to use this app until it's tune comes.

We can twist his arm.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Gilgamesh_48

We can twist his arm.

Or bribe him with adult beverages and such. ;)

It did not work for the best Roku programmer over at Plex. He got hired by Plex and has sense been assimilated into the Plex collective. He created a client for Plex that was, and still is, the best Roku Plex client. But that client has not been upgraded sense his assimilation. It is under the same problem as this one and may stop functioning at any time.

how is the "remember user" feature supposed to work?

Currently, every time i log in as a non-admin user > close the app > relaunch it > i have to pick the same non-admin user from the selection wheel > log in with that user's password or use Emby connect

Tried using emby connect > sign out as admin > sign in as non-admin user > close app > relaunch it > automatically signs me in as admin (which I don't want) 

Edited by Nisten

how is the "remember user" feature supposed to work?

Currently, every time i log in as a non-admin user > close the app > relaunch it > i have to pick the same non-admin user from the selection wheel > log in with that user's password or use Emby connect

Tried using emby connect > sign out as admin > sign in as non-admin user > close app > relaunch it > automatically signs me in as admin (which I don't want) 

If you use emby connect, you can never use "sign out" or it will break auth. With emby connect the server and user are tied together. You need to choose "change server" if using emby connect. 

The "remember user" will keep track of the server, user, and auth token.

If you use manual connection rather than emby connect, it will work correctly. Make sure to choose "change server", then choose "new server", and manually enter the IP and port. To get the app to remember a user after manually logging in you simply have to press "home" on the roku remote once the user is gretted with "welcome back" and you land on the homescreen. At that point use "home" and the user is remembered. The next time it should automatically log you in as whoever that last user was.

Remember user may cause issues if you have multiple users using the roku. In that case, you may want to disable remember user, and have users manually choose who they are as the app starts.

The server is always remembered, this is why with emby connect, you must choose change server rather than sign out.

Does this explain it? Or is the app not behaving as I described above? In my tests it seems to for me. Let me know if you still have issues.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

mikeraburn

@@Luke

Luke

This hasn't been officially been posted anywhere that I see, but is this an item that is being looked into on the server side?

Don't futz with your app.

I'm pretty sure I haven't merged libraries but I'll double check that.

It's just something new to get used to if it remains that way.

I'll wait for a new server update.

A new library build may not hurt either.

willywanker

Hello. Would love to try this add on. Unable to log in using any of the suggestions. Any way to disable the login routine and go directly to the server? (Much like the official ROKU app?) I get login errors, unable to log in, and configuration capabilities. After that I have to reinstall the app to start it again.

Note: I am using a Sharp Roku TV. Many thanks for your help.

Edited by willywanker

mediacowboy

Hello. Would love to try this add on. Unable to log in using any of the suggestions. Any way to disable the login routine and go directly to the server? (Much like the official ROKU app?) I get login errors, unable to log in, and configuration capabilities. After that I have to reinstall the app to start it again.

Note: I am using a Sharp Roku TV. Many thanks for your help.

Does your TV have any weird characters in it? If so change it to a friendly name in Roku's web interface. Then go to system and restart the TV. A simple power on and power off is not enough.

mikeraburn

@@mediacowboy

I just updated my synology 216play to server version Version 3.2.34.0 and that library suggested mish mash has been corrected.

Is yours back to normal??

mediacowboy

@@mediacowboy

I just updated my synology 216play to server version Version 3.2.34.0 and that library suggested mish mash has been corrected.

Is yours back to normal??

I'll have to check tonight. That update broke pushover and puahbullet.

mattyg8

I have loaded Blue Neon theme to 2 Telstra TV roku devices. One works fine the other comes up with Failed to post capabilities. If I click ok or back it just gets stuck with retrieving msg

I have loaded Blue Neon theme to 2 Telstra TV roku devices. One works fine the other comes up with Failed to post capabilities. If I click ok or back it just gets stuck with retrieving msg

Exactly the same issue here on a Telstra TV.

What do I need to do to fix it. Brand new unit just received.

mediacowboy

@@speechles, any chance of getting this into the app before winter break?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52635-3.2.36.2---source-selection

Also could you look at audiobook support using the embook plugin?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50141-EmBook---Proper-support-for-AudioBooks

Edited by mediacowboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
techworld

Hi guys,

I have a few issues:

Emby Neon app can't connect through regular login or Emby Connect.

Regular Emby app is connect but slow log in.

I'm removed Emby Neon and re-added to the Channel.

Hopefully this fix the issue.

Sytem info:

Roku 3

Emby Server: Version 3.2.60.0

mikeraburn

I just walked a novice user friend of mine over Skype and he connected no issues.

I was amazed.

He usually has issues with new to him stuff.

If you are connecting to your own local server on the same network, ADD the server.

No need to manually enter it or use emby connect.

If you have USER PROFILES set up in the server, then you login with your user profile AFTER you have added the server.

If you are trying to remote connect from outside your local network, I am no help to you.

Edited by mikeraburn

mikeraburn

If you mean you added it to your Roku ACCOUNT via the website

You need to UPDATE the Roku itself, it will then appear.

I've added Emby Blue Neon to Roku Channel, but I don't see it on Roku.

Quick question please guys, I noticed the GUI for BNN is in 720p, is there any easy end user way that this can be 'modified' to be in 1080p instead?

I noticed the app also 'squashes' up the look of the media library folder icons too, there's no way to specify for the app to use custom icons that I could resize to fit the display parameters is there?

Cheers and happy 2018 to you all :)