Theme: blue neon night

speechles

lorac

I downloaded and installed the full version as per the link above but it still reports as V4.25

I downloaded and installed the full version as per the link above but it still reports as V4.25

I can no longer update the roku store link. Apologies, blame roku for this.. heh

To install the full version you must sideload in developer mode this zip ( http://ereader.kiczek.com/emby-roku-blueneonnight.zip )

The manifest inside this zip does list itself as version 4.26. I just double checked. ^_~

lorac

I can no longer update the roku store link. Apologies, blame roku for this.. heh

To install the full version you must sideload in developer mode this zip ( http://ereader.kiczek.com/emby-roku-blueneonnight.zip )

The manifest inside this zip does list itself as version 4.26. I just double checked. ^_~

I'll download it again but when I installed it last night (via side load) it still reported as 4.25.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

lorac

Application Received: Identical to previous version -- not replacing.

It showed as V4.25 in both the app and server dashboard.

Application Received: Identical to previous version -- not replacing.

It showed as V4.25 in both the app and server dashboard.

It has to be your browser or something messing it up.

This is what I see when I download it.

rNv54lp.png

Then inside the zip is the manifest which looks like this.

title=Emby Blue Neon Night
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-home-tile.png
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-side-tile.png
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-home-tile.png
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-side-tile.png
splash_screen_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-splash.png
splash_screen_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-splash.png
version=4.26
major_version=4
minor_version=2
build_version=6
splash_min_time=3000
screensaver_private=0
screensaver_title=Emby

As you can see I am getting 4.26. Can anyone else give this a try and see what they get when downloading from this link ( http://ereader.kiczek.com/emby-roku-blueneonnight.zip ) and see what version is listed inside the manifest?

Edited by speechles

lorac

It has to be your browser or something messing it up.

This is what I see when I download it.

rNv54lp.png

Then inside the zip is the manifest which looks like this.

title=Emby Blue Neon Night
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-home-tile.png
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-side-tile.png
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-home-tile.png
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-side-tile.png
splash_screen_hd=pkg:/images/channel/hd-splash.png
splash_screen_sd=pkg:/images/channel/sd-splash.png
version=4.26
major_version=4
minor_version=2
build_version=6
splash_min_time=3000
screensaver_private=0
screensaver_title=Emby
As you can see I am getting 4.26. Can anyone else give this a try and see what they get when downloading from this link ( http://ereader.kiczek.com/emby-roku-blueneonnight.zip ) and see what version is listed inside the manifest?
And your app / SD shows 4.26?

And your app / SD shows 4.26?

yep.

lhSVwaj.png

mikeraburn

DISREGARD,,,,,

Your post came in when I was composing mine.

I see the 4.26 in your screenshot. 

@@speechles

A couple of updates prior to ROKU locking you out, you didn't update the version number that showed up in the ROKU GUI itself.

It was a proper up though.

Is this the same issue?

I may try the sideloady tonight but my Blue Neon is still going strong as is with the last pushed update.

Edited by mikeraburn

lorac

yep.

lhSVwaj.png

Well when I'm back at my roku's I'll see what they say.

A couple of updates prior to ROKU locking you out, you didn't update the version number that showed up in the ROKU GUI itself.

It was a proper up though.

Is this the same issue?

I may try the sideloady tonight but my Blue Neon is still going strong as is with the last pushed update.

Yeah. That is what I thought I simply forgot to update the manifest version strings. So the update went live, but because of the version not moving people would have to manually update their rokus to get the update, automatic wouldn't work. After the update, the version number would stay the same, but those users who manual updated saw it update. This causes confusion and I apologize for the mistake... heh.. I am the same flesh, blood, and mistake prone as everyone else. I will try to stay more on top of that in the future.. lol

The issue might be that my webhost may not be cache proper copies for all regions of the world. This happens because I reuse the filename every time. I don't create a new url (filename) for every version. I do it this way so editing links inside posts isn't required because the url hasn't changed. To remedy this I've forced a cache clear, and forced an update so the caches powweb has around the world should update their copies too. If this isn't the case @@lorac, let me know. I will get powweb to fix it.

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

Remind this old withered bush rat where the DEBUG log is in Blue Neon, please.

I cannot remember as I have hardly used it because this app is super cool.

mikeraburn

I found the debug

Says I am still 4.25

Info in you zip did say 4.26.

I am going to DELETE the BN and REINSTALL anew

mikeraburn

Whatevs

At the home screen and hit * on Blue Neon and it tells you it is 4.26

It does not give the option to MOVE the app

No debug log in the app (Found and tuned on, 4.26 double confirmed)

I turn off developer mode and Blue Neon goes away from main menu. (removes from Roku)

Direct Play is now at 30fps instead of the previous 60fps (I am a big dummy, adjusted in the many options)

ULTRA 

8.01 build 4042-29

It IS working as is and that is all that counts, for me at least

Peace Out Girl Scout

Edited by mikeraburn

• 1 month later...
roberto188

I've used this perfectly on all my Roku 3s and my Roku TV. However on my larger Roku TV it simply says can't post capabilities and just sits there. It never loads. Any advice? BTW wish the new Emby app had these great options.

Awesome thanks. I'll try renaming.

I apologize mate. If you follow the steps in the url below it will show you how to do this.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756178-how-to-rename-your-roku-streaming-device

The problem is, the emby server uses plaintext for device names and some rokuTV devices use funky characters in the friendly device names. You can't http encode the name and expect the server to decode it either. So using %20 will show as that in the dashboard to users, the server doesn't return this to " ". /x22, /u00022, %22 or " isn't mapped back to ", etc etc..

To fix this the app would have to "sanitize" the device name to clean it up of problem characters ahead of time. I started doing this, but realized in doing it, it breaks the existing auth device tokens for some users, since the md5 sum is dervied in part from the device name this means these changes can and will break already existing authorized tokens. if the cleansing doesn't alter the device name in any way (no special weird chars used) it would still work for users, if it did alter the device name it is broken..invalid user/password combination in effect locking out that user on that device.

So.... since the app has existed for so long, its not worth the chance of disturbing present users to solve the problem for future users  Hopefully you understand. I assume this is why emby server to this day still doesnt allow for an http encoded device name and return it to normal. if  it were to do this it would mean work for present users and cause problems for some. Keeping the status quo is important.

FYI: The official emby app contains the fix to sanitize device names. It came into existence right as this symptom was discovered, it had no users to presently disrupt. So incorporate was easier for them..

Edited by speechles

@@speechles

How's the Blue New re-work, to work after December 2018, coming along?

Ready for any testers yet?

Im still sort of in the conception phase of the project. I have basic framework written to port over emby api calls to populate metadata and image fields. Thats about as far as I got because I still haven't decided how I want it to look. I don't want it to look like the official app, as it is far too busy. The homescreen takes too long to load. The next up and latest api calls slow it down. Same thing slows down the blue neon app, but it can render rows independently out-of-order as the user navigates through unloaded rows. The official app seems to render top->down and that creates a bottleneck. The lower rows wont populate until the rows above have. You can't navigate until its done. I intend on keeping it the same as blue neon and making it fast. There may not be "toggles" on the homescreen any longer as those create bottlenecks. Thats about as far as I've gone. I want the app to work in any language, not just english. When based on images this needs to be addressed, cant use text in these. I want to have a clear vision of what I am doing before I start to port this over.

If anyone is interested in forming a team, to create the new app, that would be sort of interesting. Other than that, I can't really give a time frame on when I might have something. I am spending alot of time using this new marijuana rosin press and dab kit I bought. Boy is that fun.. watch out! You can get yourself wacky into the next day if you aren't careful. Also have my hobie catamaran I have been getting reacquainted with after she was covered all winter. Getting her ready to throw back in the lake and fly a hull again. My son loves that cat.

So I do have time for y'all, too. I just have to budget my time here, there, everywhere and try not to get myself too stoned to function the next day. Now that we went there, I am sure alot go there. Just don't eat 5 chocolates at 17% thc and expect to function the next day. Lesson learned.. :)

If anyone seriously wants to collaborate their skill into a community built roku app, just make a post about it. I can work with anyone. Also need to have a better name than just "Blue Neon Night". With a team the name would be, of course, up to vote. So what name sounds super cool?

Graphics/Images/Buttons/Logos - ConceptArt/Screens - Designers/UX - Coders/Brightscript/SceneGraph??

Even minor skill, is a skill. Keep in mind this is a free application we are building. The only compensation is a good-good feeling in your soul, and a few kinds words from users. Monetary compensation should not be expected. I don't want to limit the app to those who can afford it. Everyone will be welcome.

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

DUDE!

I was just bustin ballz!

This is awesome news, to me at least.

App name suggestion...

Emby Bling Bling

I have no coding skills but I can test and constructively critique. 

I have been using the official app more and more preparing for the demise of the current BN.

It doesn't seem to take that long to render top down.

Maybe I have gotten used to it.

But I have always figured the "slow" INITIAL rendering in both the BN and Official App was due to my system setup.

lorac

DUDE!

I was just bustin ballz!

This is awesome news, to me at least.

App name suggestion...

Emby Bling Bling

I have no coding skills but I can test and constructively critique.

I have been using the official app more and more preparing for the demise of the current BN.

It doesn't seem to take that long to render top down.

Maybe I have gotten used to it.

But I have always figured the "slow" INITIAL rendering in both the BN and Official App was due to my system setup.

I have no coding skills either but would be happy to test.

ginsengbomb

I can sort of read some code and am handy with XML-based things (e.g. layouts). And/or can test. Would love to help if I can.

roberto188

Very excited for the work on the new blue neon. Quick question on the old. I have a Roku TV and any transcoded streams load to 99% and then just sit there. No picture is ever displayed despite the fact that my server claims it's sending it out. Any thoughts?